3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Tom (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273031-tom.html)

laury411 01-09-2013 05:03 PM

Tom

I know I've read posts about changes made while on TOM, but having no period myself, I skipped over those. Now I have my daughter on this diet, and wish I had read those posts! She is starving and wanting to EAT!! What adjustments can be made, if any, during this trying time? Thanks!

sahmmommy2 01-09-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laury411 (Post 4583186)
I know I've read posts about changes made while on TOM, but having no period myself, I skipped over those. Now I have my daughter on this diet, and wish I had read those posts! She is starving and wanting to EAT!! What adjustments can be made, if any, during this trying time? Thanks!

Remember, lettuce is free, so fill up. Also, 2 egg whites/day are also free. Use them up. Oh, and CHUG, CHUG, CHUG! Especially when you have TOM, 1. the water helps fill you up and 2. you need the extra fluid to help flush out the bloat from TOM.

scorbett1103 01-09-2013 06:10 PM

The biggest adjustment to TOM on the diet is NOT cheating. It's handy to keep IP-friendly packets around that can meet the cravings halfway - if she is a sweets person, make sure that her restricted for the day is chocolately - a bar, or the chocolate soy puffs. If she's a savory person, the dill pickle zippers, white cheddar crisps or soy nuts might help.

For the hunger, we can have as much lettuce as we can stomach - I use it and abuse it when I am super hungry, there have been days I have a few lettuce-only salads in between meals just to quiet the beast within. You can also have 2 egg whites per day as a "freebie" (Nutritionally speaking, 2 egg whites meet the 0 carb/0 fat/ 0 sugar rule for things not on the sheet). Sometimes an egg white omelet, or using them to beef up the IP omelet helps.

Hot drinks seem to quell hunger better than cold ones, so lots of tea would be good. Chamomile is calming too, and might relax her if she's crampy.

Hope that helps!

laury411 01-09-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4583297)
The biggest adjustment to TOM on the diet is NOT cheating. It's handy to keep IP-friendly packets around that can meet the cravings halfway - if she is a sweets person, make sure that her restricted for the day is chocolately - a bar, or the chocolate soy puffs. If she's a savory person, the dill pickle zippers, white cheddar crisps or soy nuts might help.

For the hunger, we can have as much lettuce as we can stomach - I use it and abuse it when I am super hungry, there have been days I have a few lettuce-only salads in between meals just to quiet the beast within. You can also have 2 egg whites per day as a "freebie" (Nutritionally speaking, 2 egg whites meet the 0 carb/0 fat/ 0 sugar rule for things not on the sheet). Sometimes an egg white omelet, or using them to beef up the IP omelet helps.

Hot drinks seem to quell hunger better than cold ones, so lots of tea would be good. Chamomile is calming too, and might relax her if she's crampy.

Hope that helps!

Thank you!