Olive Oil question

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • How do you get your olive oil in each day?
  • I use 1 tsp each day with on my lunch salad with apple cider vinegar and Bragg's aminos.

My other tsp is used to cook my protein at dinner.

If I don't have a salad for lunch, I usually have a soup. In this case, I use the oil to cook my veggies that I puree into the soup.
  • I usually have 2 bowls of lettuce each with a tsp of olive oil. Or, if I have a salad for one of my meals, I use it then.
  • I was having trouble getting it in...so now I just put it into my soup.
  • Home made salad dressings, saute veggies in olive oil (for a stir fry), using olive oil when I make spinach crisps or roasted cauliflower (my fave thing on this diet). My problem is probably too much olive oil! I think I sometimes go over on the olive oil, but this is my 14th week, and I've had a loss every week except for one time.
  • I try to use olive oil when cooking but then add more over the top of the veggies before seasoning them. This helps to hold the seasoning in place. On a rare occasion I have actually just poured some in a teaspoon and downed it before I ate...
  • I also get mine in using homemade salad dressing or when roasting veggies. Sometimes I just add it to my oatmeal if I know I wont be getting it in that day.
  • Either sautee veggies or salad. I had the best salad the other day and it sounds weird but this is what I put on it:
    2 tsps olive oil
    2 tsps lemon juice
    1 packet of splenda
    bunch of shakes of lemon pepper
    shakes of garlic salt
    a few shakes of onion powder

I put that all on top of the lettuce in a tupperware bowl and shook it to coat.
  • Quote: Either sautee veggies or salad. I had the best salad the other day and it sounds weird but this is what I put on it:
    2 tsps olive oil
    2 tsps lemon juice
    1 packet of splenda
    bunch of shakes of lemon pepper
    shakes of garlic salt
    a few shakes of onion powder

I put that all on top of the lettuce in a tupperware bowl and shook it to coat.
    Sounds wonderful!!!
  • Oh how I love olive oil!

One of my favorite things is to pull some chicken off the bones and put on a plate. Then I drizzle it with some EVOO, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, maybe Mrs. Dash. YUM.
  • I put it in on veggies and roast them.
    I put in on Chicken or Fish and bake it. (with garlic, lemon salt and pepper)
    You can even use a great quality EVOO as a dip for fresh veggies... and season it as you wish!
    I use it to saute turkey patties, and tofu.
    I'm not a salad fan and never eat them on IP. I do eat them when I can have fats on maintenance...but that's a bit away right now...

OH, I've also bought Truffle flavored EVOO...Such an amazing, powerful flavor!!! I put that on already cooked items..because (IMO) it loses its potency when it's cooked at high temps. If that makes sense...
  • My coach is a naturopathic doctor and she told me 2 tablespoons of olive oil each day plus 2 coconut oil capsules 20 minutes before dinner. Does this sound like too much? Is anyone else allowed 2 TBSP olive oil or is everyone only getting 2 teaspoons?
  • My coach told me 2 tsp of olive oil a day but I cannot cook with it. I have friends who cook with it and see no change so I will typically use it to saute veggies. I especially like grape-seed oil for salad dressing.
  • I usually coat it in on my veggies before cooking them. Lately it's been zucchini on the stove; in the past, it has been rutabaga in the oven. I don't measure it though, just eye ball it. But I don't think it discounts the daily olive oil because I'm on medium heat, so it keeps all the nutrients. If it is discounting it, I'm still probably not gonna change it cuz I've been losing at least 3-5 lbs a week still =]
  • Thanks, this is helpful.

For those who use Grape Seed Extract Oil -- what does it taste like? How does it compare with olive oil? Does it work better for cooking on medium-high heat?