Proti-Diet is one of my favorite alternative sources.
1. Chocolate Soy Cereal and Honey Nut Cereal
Similar to cheerios....chocolate is RESTRICTED and honey nut is NOT RESTRICTED. I open 3 bags total.....2 honey nut and 1 chocolate and mix them and then re-divide for 3 servings....making it then all NON RESTRICTED.
The taste is good, not an over powering of protein taste and really hits the spot when you need a travel and handy packet of nibble foods!
great for packing for the movies when everyone else is munching ion popcorn. small and takes a little time to consume.
2. Pink Lemonade...delicious and refreshing, not overly sweet and not overly tart.
3. cookies: I have not tried any of the cookies
4. Chocolate Fudge Cake is yummy treat....and makes excellent truffle balls that freeze easily and can easily be taken as lunch or packed on a trip
5. Pizza Kit...I did NOT like the sauce at all. but i did like the basic idea of pizza....and the dough made a nice pizza crust, and i used it also to make a calzone and pretzels.
6. Hot Cocoa....delish!!! dissolves pretty well...and not lumpy. nice normal hot chocolate taste
7. concentrate drinks....
by far my FAVORITE...as everyone on here probably knows...is the GRAPE DRINK!! it reminds me of welch's grape juice which i drank every day prior to this protocol.
i generally add more water than it calls for to make it go a little further. sometimes i have it in a wine glass as my mock wine. it is in a clear plastic packet with a tear strip so is very easy to carry and i often take it out to dinner and order a glass of cold water in a wine glass and then add it and no one even notices i am not enjoying wine....when all my friends and family are.
i will add it to my large shaker bottle with about 24 ounces of water as my replenishment when i do a long bike ride.
i have also tried the raspberry and it is ok, but not as good as the grape to me.
i have not tried any other flavors.
8. all three flavor oatmeals....i did not care for any of them. i even tried a few recipes with them as packet hacks and still gave them or traded them away.
9. bacon cheese omelet was uggggg yuk!! i'd rather have a regular omelet!! and we can have egg whites and an egg so there you go!
10. blueberry pancakes. i was surprised that these were not as bad as i expected. not like real pancakes but not totally bad.
11. Bars: i have not tried many bars as for some strange reason bars and i dont get along. either they are like cardboard or way too sweet for my taste.
i tried the lemon meringue....TOTAL GROSS....but a lot of other people liked it and recommended it so i tried! haha
i dont like rice crispie texture so that rules out most. the others i tried were like cardboard and have an awful protein after taste.
12. protein crisps: i have not tried these
13. protein wafers...WAY TOO SWEET for me but had a nice flavor, just tooo sweet.
14. pudding: tastes pasty to me...i prefer the WLS puddings.
15. shakes: i have not tried the shakes
16. soups: i did not care for the beef flavor but i LOVE the chicken noodle one and have it every week, at least 2-3 times a week!!
17. i have not tried the soy nuts
hope that helps a little