3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Help, need specialty size Bras, don't want to spend a fortune!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Restart 4/23/15
 
Bella73123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 211.4/190.2/140

Height: 5' 5"

Unhappy Help, need specialty size Bras, don't want to spend a fortune!!

Ok, so I'm actually serious here, please don't laugh. Since I have gone on the IP program I have lost about 43 lbs, I still have about 23 to go. For some unknown reason I have not really lost any weight from my chest during this time. The bra's that I started with are now way too big in the band, I am currently wearing a 34DD. I went to Victoria's secret to see what they have and I am now a 32DDD (32E). The problem is, the bra's there are $60 +tax each, which is NOT in the budget! Can anyone recommend somewhere that I would be able to buy this size without auctioning off my firstborn? I also am looking for a bra that I can wear with my weeding dress that would need to be strapless and have a low or invisible back, but it needs to have lift and good support. If any of the "heavy chested" IPeeps out there could give me any recommendations on styles/types that work well for them I would really appreciate it!
__________________

Last edited by Bella73123 : 01-07-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012
 
Tziri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Default

If you like Victoria's secret, have you checked their clearance bras online? I love VS bras and the only way I buy them is when they're on clearance ($30 or less). They usually have a lot to choose from including many full body bras etc.. Other than that I would try outlet stores. I've tried buying cheaper bras before from other places and unfortunately they just don't hold up very well (get what you pay for I guess).
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
IP start: 21 October 2012
 
pocahontas812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ashland, MA
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default

I have also gone down in band size, but not cup size and had to get new bras. I went with the Chantelle line sold at Nordstrom (was fitted at the same time)....but they are pricey.

In the past, I have bought bras on Amazon. If you search for "bra 32 F" you should come up with several options in a variety of price ranges. F = DDD.
__________________
pocahontas812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Restart 4/23/15
 
Bella73123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 211.4/190.2/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
If you like Victoria's secret, have you checked their clearance bras online? I love VS bras and the only way I buy them is when they're on clearance ($30 or less). They usually have a lot to choose from including many full body bras etc.. Other than that I would try outlet stores. I've tried buying cheaper bras before from other places and unfortunately they just don't hold up very well (get what you pay for I guess).
I've actually never shopped at VS before, I went there because it was the only place that I know of around here that carries that size. Thanks for the tip I will check online, hopefully the shipping costs won't be too much...
__________________
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Restart 4/23/15
 
Bella73123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 211.4/190.2/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
I have also gone down in band size, but not cup size and had to get new bras. I went with the Chantelle line sold at Nordstrom (was fitted at the same time)....but they are pricey.

In the past, I have bought bras on Amazon. If you search for "bra 32 F" you should come up with several options in a variety of price ranges. F = DDD.
I'm in Ontario, I don't think we have Nordstrom here Maybe I can check them out online though. Goes to show you what I know...I thought a DDD was equivalent to an E...thanks for the tip, I've never used amazon so I will try that as well.
__________________
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Hgamroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,102

Height: 5'4"

Default

I am that size as well and I bought a Bali bra on Amazon for $32ish. When I get home I will look up the brand and message you. I love the bra. It is very supportive and actually cute!
__________________
<---- My goal is to be back in size 8!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
Restart 4/23/15
 
Bella73123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 211.4/190.2/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth
I am that size as well and I bought a Bali bra on Amazon for $32ish. When I get home I will look up the brand and message you. I love the bra. It is very supportive and actually cute!
That would be fantastic! Thanks so much! It is so difficult to find good supportive bras that are pretty too!


Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
__________________
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
NinjaNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 593

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default

I asked this ??? a few weeks ago. Someone mentioned herroom.com they have very reasonable prices. I want to get measured but for now, that website was a big help. Plus you can use the info to purchase bras at stores near you. (You fill out a sizing program)
__________________
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs
 
chubbiegurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 703

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Default

My boobs have totally shrunk. The last bra I bought was a 38d and the and is too big now. I used to be a 40 ddd. I don't usually spend more than 35 per bra and I hated how finding something that looked sexy but yet fit right was so difficult. The straps r always so huge and don't hide well behind the strap of a spaghetti strap shirt. I wish I could help but when I was larger I usually just stuffed myself into a larger band smaller cup. Maybe it would be a good idea if u can to wait until u finish losing weight and then invest in a couple expensive bras, after all u will have earned them. I am a housewife so I just wear my Genie bra most the time, I am so over wires.
Oh I am apple shapped I always stay top heavy, i think most people at my current weight wear a 32 or 34. Yet I am in a 38 even though it is a bit lose now.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Restart 4/23/15
 
Bella73123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 211.4/190.2/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse
I asked this ??? a few weeks ago. Someone mentioned herroom.com they have very reasonable prices. I want to get measured but for now, that website was a big help. Plus you can use the info to purchase bras at stores near you. (You fill out a sizing program)
I wasnt on here much during my holidays so I must have missed it! I will definitely check that site out though!


Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
__________________
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #11
started IP 7/17/2012
 
Lizzy63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 703

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Default

Definitely recommend herroom.com. I use them regularly.

Also, if you are still losing, try going smaller in the band and using an extender. This allowed me to wear bras longer while still losing.

I have some bras that no longer fit - probably 36 - 38 band and cups between F and GG. If anyone needs something specific in that range, I will dig out that box and look - just PM me. Some are a bit worn, but some almost new. Have not had time to get organized and post on the clothing exchange thread.
__________________


Reached goal on 11/26/12!
Reboot started 1/5/15.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

I have ordered from http://www.onehanesplace.com for many years. They have several brands.

Last edited by psjones : 01-07-2013 at 01:38 PM.
psjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Starshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 752

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
I have ordered from http://www.onehanesplace.com for many years. They have several brands.
I've ordered lots from them, but when I lost enough weight and my bras were falling off of me , I checked Amazon, and their prices were much less and I got free shipping.

So my advice (fwiw), if you know the bra you want, check Amazon and see if they can beat the price/shipping of where you found your bras.
__________________
WI's:
? (no scale), -3.8, -3.8, -5.6, -3, -.8, -3, -5.2, -3.4, -4.2, -3, -2.8, -4, -2.6, -3.4, -2.6, -6, -3.6, -1.8, -4, -2.2, -.8, -3.4, -2.2, -4.2, -2.4, -.8, -3.8, 1.2, -3.4, -3.2

Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
I've ordered lots from them, but when I lost enough weight and my bras were falling off of me , I checked Amazon, and their prices were much less and I got free shipping.

So my advice (fwiw), if you know the bra you want, check Amazon and see if they can beat the price/shipping of where you found your bras.
Thanks. I really dislike the shipping charges with Hanes. I order a lot from Amazon but never thought of it for bras.
psjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Starshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 752

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
Thanks. I really dislike the shipping charges with Hanes. I order a lot from Amazon but never thought of it for bras.
That's exactly why I checked Amazon the last time. The shipping charges made the bras really expensive, so I decided to look at Amazon for the first time for the bras. And I need new bras now, and I just ordered some. I'll need some more when I finally hit the goal weight I want (which will be lower than I have as goal now).
__________________
WI's:
? (no scale), -3.8, -3.8, -5.6, -3, -.8, -3, -5.2, -3.4, -4.2, -3, -2.8, -4, -2.6, -3.4, -2.6, -6, -3.6, -1.8, -4, -2.2, -.8, -3.4, -2.2, -4.2, -2.4, -.8, -3.8, 1.2, -3.4, -3.2

Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Golden Girls - March Bobbolink Age 50+ 388 04-01-2008 08:11 AM
Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/10-9/16 Debelli Sugar Shakers 98 09-17-2001 06:19 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2