3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat: Monday 1/7/13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat: Monday 1/7/13


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.


Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
__________________


Chloe222 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Wishing all a great day, stay OP!

Chloe
__________________


Chloe222 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,595

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Wishing all a great day, stay OP!

Chloe
Hi Chloe,
I have tried all 3 (regular, chocolate and cinnamon/raisin). The chocolate and cinnamon/raisin are definitely better than the regular. I spread a very thin layer on celery sticks and it's pretty tasty.
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
IP Start Date: 10/3/2012
 
tam67green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 273

S/C/G: 247/171.6/150

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good morning!
It's gonna be an odd week...this morning I see my 11-year-old son off to outdoor school for the week. Won't see him again until Friday afternoon. He will have a blast, of course, but we'll miss him. Every summer, he spends a week at Camp Grandma, so it's not like this is the first time he'll be away from home, but still..

Hoping for a better OP day today than yesterday. Might as well forget about IP yesterday! Due to bad planning on my part and the restaurant apparently disregarding the "no butter" thing, it was a disaster! I was very light-headed while visiting my aunt, because I had only had an EAS shake for breakfast (this was about 3:00 pm) and the steak and broccoli I had at the restaurant certainly tasted like it had something added to it (like butter), but I don't know for sure.

Have a great Monday!
__________________
tam67green is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
8/23/12 - 1/6/13
 
Fishette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 562

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
__________________


WI-PreIP: -2 IP:-5.5,-3.5,-0.2,-3.0,-2.6,+.2, -.8, -3, -2, -1, 0, -2, -2, -2, -1, -1, -2, 0, -2, -2
Vacation, Stress, and Teaming for an 4th Day Retreat = 7 pounds up in 4 months, so back we go...
IP Phase 2: -2
Fishette is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
trucolours88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 15

S/C/G: 225/127/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
Congrats!! You must be so happy!!

Morning everyone!! Back to work today after 2 weeks off... Looking forward to getting back into routine! Hope everyone has a great day!
trucolours88 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
awesome!!!!!!!! that must just be one of the best feelings in the whole world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you never gave up nor did you ever give in but YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
mompattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,287

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!.
__________________

I've finally realized that I AM WORTH IT!
mompattie is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 336

S/C/G: 187/173.4/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
Yay!!! Great job!

Futurefitchick, I am so sorry to hear about your baby!

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be stuck! I only worry because this is the weight I always get stuck at! In the past I have onl been able to get a couple of lbs below this and then nothing!! I know I just have to trust the process but man is this bringing up the old demons! I looked back over my last few days and I can see that maybe I ate less than I should have, by a snack or two, so I will get back on track and stay focused! And hopefully I will start to see the scale move!

Have a great day everyone!!!
mrskuby is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
auroragrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SD
Posts: 278

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Default

Wow - some awesome things so early in the morning. Keep it up everyone. Don't worry about the being "stuck", it will happen!

I'm on day 4 of reboot, it's actually gone very well. A little nervous about today and my energy level. I teach 23 little first graders.

Everyone have a beautiful day and celebrate the little things!!
__________________


Began IP on 5/2/12

RESTART ON 4/22/14
auroragrl is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
Started IP 10/27/12
 
breezie68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Leesburg, Va
Posts: 91

S/C/G: 244.5 /199/165

Height: 5'5

Default

Our biggest loser contest weigh in was today at work. It was totally awkward having to weigh in in front of everyone in the office!
__________________
breezie68 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #12
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,751

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Congrats Fishette!!!!!

Mrskuby...patience grasshopper. Don't worry, even if it takes a few weeks of really slow losses you will eventually break through. Stay focused!

auroragal- good job on getting to day 4. I have seen so many comments from people restarting that it is much harder the second time around.

I managed to lose 3.0 lbs this week, and we were away all weekend. I was nervous stepping on the scale this morning after eating out dinner for the last 3 days in a row.

Maybe I need to eat out more often. =) The 3 lb loss more than makes up for the .6 lb gain last week.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,237

S/C/G: 227.8/189/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Celebrating today: I met my scale goal! Woo Hoo!

Still working on a few more pounds for my maintenance cushion (and because I want to wear my white pants out in public and because my PT says I should be down just a bit more). But today I'm celebrating!
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Yay!!! Great job!

Futurefitchick, I am so sorry to hear about your baby!

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and I seem to be stuck! I only worry because this is the weight I always get stuck at! In the past I have onl been able to get a couple of lbs below this and then nothing!! I know I just have to trust the process but man is this bringing up the old demons! I looked back over my last few days and I can see that maybe I ate less than I should have, by a snack or two, so I will get back on track and stay focused! And hopefully I will start to see the scale move!

Have a great day everyone!!!
When you say stuck, do you mean the scale hasn't moved in a couple of weeks? Because you cannot compare day to day on IP. I do the Wii Fit a few days a week and it weighs you, I will show no change or a small increase through the week and then on WI day BOOM there are a few pounds missing. You aren't in a true plateau until you've gone WEEKS with no change (inches or pounds). But if you know you haven't been 100%, commit to two weeks of TOTAL commitment to the program - see if that gives you the boost you need. If after two weeks you are still at the same weight, we can help you find other things to try
__________________




REBOOT wk1: 7 lbs, -5"; wk2: 2.6lbs (no measuring tape!)
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,180

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Hi Chloe,
I have tried all 3 (regular, chocolate and cinnamon/raisin). The chocolate and cinnamon/raisin are definitely better than the regular. I spread a very thin layer on celery sticks and it's pretty tasty.
I have tried the plain and the chocolate. The plain is good for celery and Rainbow also has a recipe for a stir fry sauce. Page 38 of her recipe book, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...TY2TXA5b2VNMGc. I love using the chocolate like icing on muffins and cookies that you can make from the packets. About to have some right now on my zucchini muffins for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Mrskuby...patience grasshopper. Don't worry, even if it takes a few weeks of really slow losses you will eventually break through. Stay focused!
I agree, patience. I have now been on this journey for 50 weeks. My losses have been slow all long, but they add up and I can see goal on the horizon. Slow can be discouraging, but the rewards of hanging in there and staying focused and staying OP are definitely worth it.

Molly
__________________


Started maintenance 3/7/2013

WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,646

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
What are your opinions on the new Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread and the Chocolate Peanut Spread? Thinking about buying them...

Wishing all a great day, stay OP!

Chloe
I tried a bunch of WF when I started IP and hated all but a few of the dressings and I thought they were kinda nasty too. I could see using them as flavoring in cooking but the strong chemical smell and the texture just turned my stomach, I actually gagged involuntary when I tried the PB and Jelly spreads, the consistency/texture was gross too. Sorry, I just could not do it. I threw them all out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

...patience grasshopper.
Your focus, needs more focus!



Okay could not resist, that is my favorite cheesy Kung Fu movie quote!

NSV

I am wearing pants today at work that are 16 inches smaller than when I started. They're 44's and they fit! It's nice not to have my clothes hanging off me. I really need some new uniform shirts but they're a little easier to tuck and make them look OK. When it is time to switch to short sleeve shirts in the spring, I am buying 4 new shirts. They're so expensive. I am going to need a new duty belt soon too, this on has one more set of holes to go. I should order this week! It usually takes a month or so to show up.
__________________


"Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL" -Wimpster

:dance r:

Once I hit goal "I'm Going to Disney!"
usmcvet is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Monday 08/13/12 rissimo Ideal Protein Diet 110 08-14-2012 12:38 AM
IP Daily Chat - Monday, 7 March 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 104 03-08-2011 08:13 AM
IP Daily Chat - Monday, 7 February 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 114 02-08-2011 07:49 AM
IP Daily Chat - Monday 8/23/2010 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 86 08-24-2010 06:30 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2