Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Home of the 100% Vol 19

We have made it to another volume of 100% Pees!!....I never thought we would of had so many people dedicated and determined to have so much commitment. It is with great please that I am happy to make a new thread. I am always excited to read what everyone is going through, sometimes I don't have enough time to post between jobs but I try to post when I can.

Everyone made it through the holidays, some of you may have struggled or are still struggling but its a new year and a new day so make the best of it. We have a lot of support here, always know you are not alone, there is always someone around to listen or answer question. Let's make this the BEST New Year ever!!!

Lisa
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #2  

Height: magmeepEVE

I was just posting my reply to the other thread, and I was locked out!

Thanks for starting this one, Wuv!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post

I am on phase 2 right now since last Wednesday. I was going to start Phase 3 today but chickened out. I didn't WI this week but my scale shows me down another 3 lbs at least. I started doing Jillians 30 day shred on Jan. 1. I seemed a little weak one day and checked my BP with a wrist one and it was pretty low, 80's/60's. Talked to my coach on the phone and she wasn't too concerned. It has been going better and have been doing the 30 day shred everyday. I'm nervous about phase 3 so going to wait until I see my coach this week. I have printed a bunch of recipe ideas including Liz's and have bought some things so I should be ready. I'm afraid to get out of ketosis and have the cravings attack. wish me luck?

Best of luck! You can do it, Beck! And great on losing more weight. I'm going to check out the Shred. The cravings thing is what I'm scared of in maintenance also, and out of control eating. but I NEVER want food to control me again, so I'm just going to be very watchful and plan, and just listen to my body. And keep eating lots and lots of veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
You're going to do great! I am gearing up for phase-off myself, and one thing I am learning is that I CANNOT be afraid of normal eating again. If I'm afraid of food, then food is still in control. Cravings are going to come. I am going to keep a stash of my favorite products on hand so I don't have to feel helpless when they hit - HealthWise cookies and a box of bars for the sweets cravings, Cocomint Creme pudding for my chocolate cravings, and HealthWise cheese puffs when I need a crunchy snack. I know how to make veggies meet a lot of my needs. And I am going to be THOUGHTFUL about how I eat - no more mindlessness when it comes to food.

Just keep everything you learned in Phase 1 at the front of your mind. We don't leave phase 1 behind, we just apply it to the next level of the game
I agree with this. I don't want to be afraid of normal food either. But that being said, I don't want to eat what's widely considered "normal" either. I'm not sure I could have a stash of craving foods around me, as my past history is that I'd eat all of them, and probably in one sitting. I love the shakes, so I'll probably keep those as treats for me. And zucchini and yellow squash chips for when I want salty/crunchy. I plan to keep on learning more about the veggies, especially since nothing will be restricted. And I'm really looking forward to my Vegan ratatouille and bean dishes. And those are nice and healthy anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I'm having an up and down day.
Rainbow, hope you are starting to feel better today.
Feel better, KitKat!!! Bet your hair looks fantastic!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Scorbett and Starshine for the advice. I do feel good about maintenance and being able to keep the weight off. I NEVER want to get as heavy as I was before. I konw I can't go back to very many carbs and I'm ok with that. I will continue with lots of veggies and will use some of the bars and favorite packets also. Hope to see both of you in the maintenance thread with me!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone! It is COLD here. 7 above with windchill and blowing snow. My tootsies are cold. Just had my blueberry cran-granata drink for breakfast, have started on my water, took my chicken out to thaw for supper, and laid my packet out for lunch. My day is planned. Like that.

How bout those Packers!! Love 'em. I have a soft spot for the Vikings - growing up in South Dakota - you have to like the Vikings - but am a big Packers fan - so was happy with the outcome.

Going to watch more football today, work on income tax (ugh) and enjoy being where it is warm. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #5  

Quote:
Thanks Scorbett and Starshine for the advice. I do feel good about maintenance and being able to keep the weight off. I NEVER want to get as heavy as I was before. I konw I can't go back to very many carbs and I'm ok with that. I will continue with lots of veggies and will use some of the bars and favorite packets also. Hope to see both of you in the maintenance thread with me!
You're so welcome, Gorgeous Becky! I never want to gain the weight either. I've struggled all my life with food/weight issues (even when I wasn't overweight). I'm gong to stay on Phase 1 until my body loses more fat and it's down to a weight/look I want. My body looks pretty good now (so sayeth many folks), but there is more fluff than I want, and then once I'm in phase 3, I'll try weight lifting again to add in more muscle.

I'm going to watch carbs very well too, but add in lots more veggies. It will be interesting to find a great Vegetarian/Vegan diet that doesn't include the fake meat proteins that adhere to IP Phase 4.

I'll see you in maintenance with the beautiful smiling avatar!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #6  

posting on the new thread...

Hi all.
I'm back in cooold, gray STL. Brrrr

After a shower and some coffee with vanilla pudding mix, I'm going grocery shopping...the refrigerator is BARE of veggies and us IP girls (and boys) need our veggies!

Today I'll be checking labels and making myself a list of foods I can still have on IP. I'll be phasing out any IP (or alt) foods with soy due to the recent thyroid test. I don't want to place any more stress on my thyroid than I need to. So, with a choice already to forgo gluten, I'll be limiting my choices even more by limiting soy. I'll just have to see what foods it leaves me when I'm done with my checking....I don't want to limit it too much...

I'm also hooking up the wii fit today...just assuming I lost the 2.8 lbs to mini goal over the last 2 weeks...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #7  

Had my weigh in today -- wasn't expecting much as TOM showed up yet again (he was here for almost three weeks, gone for a week and a half and then back again). Drank TONS of water yesterday trying to get rid of bloat, but it just had me peeing every two hours during the night.

Started yoga this week, and that might have me retaining water too. It's not strenuous by any stretch of the imagination, but my body hasn't moved like that in over a decade, so I know my muscles were feeling it.

Anyhow, had a good weigh in still. Down another 2.2 pounds. I know it's more than that though, as I wore a pair of jeans for a few hours last Sunday and they were TIGHT. I put them on today, and they fit well, with no tightness, and looking in the mirror, I can really tell. I just look thinner (not daring to say thin just yet).

Glad the holidays are over, and the sun is staying longer. I always get a bit Spring crazy around this time with the brighter/longer days becoming evident. Although the snow and the 8 degree temperature this morning kept me cold on my morning walk.

I calculated my weight loss from my weigh in the Sunday after Thanksgiving until now (the Sunday after New Years) and I lost 23.6 pounds during that holiday time. So just thrilled with that.

I can't thank all of you enough for all the help, support, advice, and just being so friendly. I could never have done this journey on my own, and finances kept me from getting a coach, so this forum has been invaluable, and has quite simply changed my life. So thank you!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
posting on the new thread...

Hi all.
I'm back in cooold, gray STL. Brrrr

After a shower and some coffee with vanilla pudding mix, I'm going grocery shopping...the refrigerator is BARE of veggies and us IP girls (and boys) need our veggies!

Today I'll be checking labels and making myself a list of foods I can still have on IP.

I'm also hooking up the wii fit today...just assuming I lost the 2.8 lbs to mini goal over the last 2 weeks...
Good luck adjusting the foods, Lisa! So glad you have a diagnosis too. Have fun on the wii fit! I'm sure you made that mini goal over the last two weeks! You're amazing!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 284.6/284.6/180.0

Height: 5'7"

Default Exercise opinions

Good morning!

Looking for opinions from the experts. I have been reading the exercise thread but would love feedback from this group. I am looking at adding some light exercise to my routine but am worried about the impact it will have on my losses. What I am considering is either: walking on the treadmill or circuit training on weight machines with light weights & high reps.

My background: I am pretty much sedentary, I work an office job where I sit behind a desk most of the day. I have not exercised for quite awhile. I started IP in August 2012 & have averaged 3lb losses per week. I don't want to screw this up by adding exercise but I feel like it could be beneficial too.

I don't know, so what are your thoughts: light cardio or light strength training or nothing until Phase 2? Thank you for any insights you can provide.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2012 View Post
Good morning!

Looking for opinions from the experts. I have been reading the exercise thread but would love feedback from this group. I am looking at adding some light exercise to my routine but am worried about the impact it will have on my losses. What I am considering is either: walking on the treadmill or circuit training on weight machines with light weights & high reps.

My background: I am pretty much sedentary, I work an office job where I sit behind a desk most of the day. I have not exercised for quite awhile. I started IP in August 2012 & have averaged 3lb losses per week. I don't want to screw this up by adding exercise but I feel like it could be beneficial too.

I don't know, so what are your thoughts: light cardio or light strength training or nothing until Phase 2? Thank you for any insights you can provide.
As long as you keep your heart rate down you are fine. The reason why they suggest no exercise is because you are only getting in 600-900 cals a day total and burn most of that after working out. If you go for a walk or even do yoga, just add 1/2 a pack before and after your workout so that your body has protein to burn off. I work my arms with 10 lb weights and do yoga core stretches, sometimes I go for a leisure bike ride or a walk on the beach and have done fine
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Awesome job Starshine!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #12  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Congratulations, Beck!!! Wow!! You made it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
You're so welcome, Gorgeous Becky! I never want to gain the weight either. I've struggled all my life with food/weight issues (even when I wasn't overweight). I'll see you in maintenance with the beautiful smiling avatar!
Wow, Starshine!!! You are almost there!!!! I agree. I do not want to gain this weight back either. I know I my eating habits and relationship with food have changed. I want this change to be permanent!!!

Here's a new picture with my new boots for the New Year and the New Me!

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by joysh; 01-06-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Congratulations, Beck!!! Wow!! You made it!!

Wow, Starshine!!! You are almost there!!!! I agree. I do not want to gain this weight back either. I know I my eating habits an relationship with food has changed. I want this change to be permanent!!!

YOU. LOOK. FANTASTIC!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

And, if you find exercise isn't working for you for one reason or another you can always do stretching exercising, which can make you feel really great with minimal effort.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Awesome job Starshine!!!
Thanks, IdealProteinNewbie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Wow, Starshine!!! You are almost there!!!! I agree. I do not want to gain this weight back either. I know I my eating habits and relationship with food have changed. I want this change to be permanent!!!

Thanks, Joysh! I'm trying to figure out what my goal should be, as I know I need to lose more weight. But yes, almost there. I cannot believe the change since just August! Amazing this diet is.

And LOVE your new photos. Congrats on the new boots and the new you! You're so beautiful!

Last edited by Starshine; 01-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Closed Thread