Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #16  

SONYA yes you look fantastic! I am hoping that once I am able to exercise that I may firm up some spots, especially the stomach area.
DYSMORPHIA - definitely something I am having to work on as well. I know that I have lost over 50lbs but I am so afraid to post before and current pics because I don't see a big difference. Others tell me I look totally different and today someone that I haven't seen in a while didn't even recognize me but to me, Im still "fat me" with thunder thighs, stomach ick, big butt etc I keep telling myself that i have to look different if I have dropped from a size 24W pants to a size 16. My husband told me that this morning and I told him that I was sure the pants were miss sized (at 3 different stores) because there is no way that I could fit into a size 16. irrational I know
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #17  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
SONYA yes you look fantastic! I am hoping that once I am able to exercise that I may firm up some spots, especially the stomach area.
DYSMORPHIA - definitely something I am having to work on as well. I know that I have lost over 50lbs but I am so afraid to post before and current pics because I don't see a big difference. Others tell me I look totally different and today someone that I haven't seen in a while didn't even recognize me but to me, Im still "fat me" with thunder thighs, stomach ick, big butt etc I keep telling myself that i have to look different if I have dropped from a size 24W pants to a size 16. My husband told me that this morning and I told him that I was sure the pants were miss sized (at 3 different stores) because there is no way that I could fit into a size 16. irrational I know
I really regret not taking before photos and progress photos. I think if you take some, you'll see what other people are seeing. You've done so well n this diet, Maezy!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #18  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

My initial goal was 135 (from 177). For over a month I've hovered around 142-143. I would think with all my hair loss that would count for a pound or two! Some mornings I wake up at 138 and two days later (always WI of course ;-) I'm at 144. Between Christmas and New Years I went out to eat, had a few sips of wine, had popcorn, ate mostly IP OP and only gained one WI pound. I've been back to 100% OP since the 1st and it sure doesn't seem to make a difference on the home scale!
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #19  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I think this post does a great job of explaining the challenge the OP is facing.

I just wanted to add that beyond BMR every step you take you're burning fewer calories as well. It takes more energy to move 200 lbs than it does to move 130 lbs.

Also, your BMR is depressed. Depending on genetics 10-15%. This doesn't make much difference when you're 100lbs from goal but 10 lbs it does.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
A friend of mine went to phase 3 from phase 2 before she had lost 100% of what she wanted, she started losing 2-3 lbs a week where as before she was only losing 1, if that.

I am afaid that last 10-20 lbs is just going to drive me crazy
I also seem to get a little lax right near the goal...so this time (on a reboot), I lowered my goal several pounds. First goal was 145 which quickly became 140, then 139. Now it's 135 and emotionally I feel differently. Thinking I have 20 pounds to lose sets me up for the long haul on phase 1. This is a good thing, time to help cement better eating behaviors.

Sonya,
You look fabulous now! When you lose that bit of belly, you'll look like a swimsuit model! Sports Illustrated maybe? Go for it - we only live once.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #21  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I also seem to get a little lax right near the goal...so this time (on a reboot), I lowered my goal several pounds. First goal was 145 which quickly became 140, then 139. Now it's 135 and emotionally I feel differently. Thinking I have 20 pounds to lose sets me up for the long haul on phase 1. This is a good thing, time to help cement better eating behaviors.
That's an interesting point, Chloe. I know a lot of people start to "cheat" a bit towards goal/the longer they're on the diet. I am close to goal, but I will definitely be lowering it, but right now, I want to make that goal, just to make it. Plus, i don't want to see another 20 pounds left to go. For me, that would be a bit deflating I think.

That being said, I know how important it is to stay 100% right now, and to help with the weight loss. And as you said to help cement the better eating behaviors. So staying on the Phase 1 longer is actually not a bad thing.

Great comment, Chloe!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Do take pictures, it is very motivating, especially if you tend to gain more muscle. When I get time I am going to put up pics of me in my size 12 shorts, busting out. I am 5'2 and shorties dont carry weight well.

Maezy - 50 pounds is great, take pictures, own yourself. appreciate and flaunt what you got. you have worked hard to get here.

body dismorphia, work in progress. this after i dont even read the leading magazines. we should unite against fashion designers who use 13 year old girls that don't have boobs or a booty, look more like boys. how are they representative of the women today?

someone pointed out that most of the designers are gay men and they put on the ramp what they think is sexy.

did day 1 of ip bootcamp and the scale rewarded me. just a few more. abs are tricky. so excited at the thought of getting to p3!

Last edited by sonyainva; 01-09-2013 at 06:52 AM.
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #23  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
That's an interesting point, Chloe. I know a lot of people start to "cheat" a bit towards goal/the longer they're on the diet. I am close to goal, but I will definitely be lowering it, but right now, I want to make that goal, just to make it. Plus, i don't want to see another 20 pounds left to go. For me, that would be a bit deflating I think.

That being said, I know how important it is to stay 100% right now, and to help with the weight loss. And as you said to help cement the better eating behaviors. So staying on the Phase 1 longer is actually not a bad thing.

Great comment, Chloe!
For me, it was a combination of getting so close to goal that I felt I could cheat a little, and having the weight loss stall for a few weeks. It was a vicious cycle. If I hadn't cheated, perhaps I wouldn't have stalled... but the stalling demotivated me, and made me really frustrated. The fact that Christmas was quickly approaching didn't help, as I'd really thought I'd be at my goal weight by Christmas. When I slipped down to my Drs recommended range (which was 155-157, a few lbs higher than my original weight goal of 150) I thought 'This is good enough' and I phased out. I can't help but wonder if I would have done that if it hadn't also been Christmas. Maybe not.

I didn't go overboard during my (brief) maintenance, but those extra few glycogen lbs put me back up too close to 160lbs for comfort. Plus it seemed to concentrate right in my belly area, which is the one area that I would like to still shrink! So, realizing that I wasn't happy with this situation, I moved back indefinitely to P1 again... this time aiming for 145lbs. This morning's WI (I step on the scale each morning) is 156lbs. I think the glycogen is gone at this point, so it will be fat loss from here forward.

I predict there's going to be some angst between now and 145lbs. At least I know I can come here and vent!

Last edited by evepet; 01-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote