Old 01-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/165.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Has anyone done IP with JUST the drinks?

I really dont like any of the other food except for the drinks.

I like the bars, puffs, soy nuts etc but I'm worried that eating those will slow my loss since they are restricted items.

I've never been big on processed foods and the omelets, soups, patties, pastas, etc all gross me out.

I was wondering if anyone else has JUST used the drinks and how that worked for them?

Also, I've read in previous threads and stickies about subbing 1 egg and 2 eggwhites for the omelet at breakfast. Has anyone done this regularly and had success?

I don't want to sound like I don't want to follow the protocol b/c I DO and I've 4lbs so far my first week. However, I'm just looking for stories from others who may just eat a few of the foods.

thanks in advance!
yogacoffeelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

I wouldn't worry about the restricteds messing with your weight loss. It's a system and all of the products were carefully designed to work together, they wouldn't allow you a food that would impede your success. IIRC there was actually a small study where people who had restricteds were more successful because they were able to better stay on the protocol without feeling deprived. I have a restricted almost every day with lunch and I really look forward to it.

That being said, you could totally do it without the restricted. That's the great thing about IP, they set up some strict requirements and within those guidelines it's totally your program and you can adjust it as you see fit. Have you tried the Raspberry Jelly? That's another one I have every day. I love having it as a dessert in the evenings. I can see how with just drinks you could miss actually getting to chew food, so the Jelly might be a nice addition.

As for the eggs, that's not something I'm familiar with, but I would encourage you to talk with your coach and see what they say.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #3  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Not eating the restricted food will slow your and likeley to make you less successful. Lots of folks lean heavily on the drinks. But you really need to eat too. Find things you like.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/165.5/135

thank you for your input. I will keep trying new things. Trying the chili today for lunch.
yogacoffeelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

NavyMommy:
I love the jello too, but it's an incomplete protein (doesn't contain all the essential amino acids). My coach told me it's to be consumed once every other day.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 01-05-2013 at 08:24 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #6  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogacoffeelady View Post

Also, I've read in previous threads and stickies about subbing 1 egg and 2 eggwhites for the omelet at breakfast. Has anyone done this regularly and had success?
I do this frequently (i.e., for one meal about every other day or so), and also substitute Egg Beaters on occasion. My coach said this was fine to do.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
NavyMommy:
I love the jello too, but it's an incomplete protein (doesn't contain all the essential amino acids). My coach told me it's to be consumed once every other day.
Interesting. I have heard this once before, on here I believe, but talked to all three of my coaches (one in FL who started me on the program, IP to go, and my short term coach in VA) and no one else had heard this. I've actually heard from the IP weigh in site (I can't remember the name now, but it was the one my coach would send me to to track my numbers) and it suggested you have it every day because of the collagen, it would help tighten up loose skin.

This is my biggest complaint about the IP program, the fact that all coaches are a little different. I know it's a natural consequence of any company that franchises out like IP does, but it sure does make things difficult!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Definitely makes it difficult to know who's right. My coach was told by the regional representative of IP for the East Coast, but maybe they've changed it?
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #9  

NAVYMOMMY I agree about the difference in coaching. I was told that the pasta was restricted by my clinic but everyone else has been told it is unrestricted. I honestly get more info from here and another group I joined on FB than I do from my coach or clinic.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi, yogacoffeelady! I also do not care for processed foods and discussed this with my coach because I have only done 1-4 carb drinks and no restricteds since beginning IP 2+ months ago. I also eat primarily lean beef for my whole protein and not much chicken or fish, and have whole eggs or commercial egg whites frequently instead of the IP omelet for breakfast. My losses have averaged over 3 lbs weekly and I have dropped 4 pant sizes. My coach approves of, and has encouraged, all of this as I have remained on plan successfully without cravings or I'll effects. I don't believe that having only lower carb drinks has slowed my losses, however, because of this I may eat more salad than others as I can eat a whole head of lettuce at one sitting and sometimes do that 2-3 times a day. Also, I do try to have the raspberry jelly daily for collagen support, but I add extra water to make it a drink also.

I think that if you don't like processed foods and try to force yourself to eat them, you will likely not be as successful. As long as you eat your whole protein, 4 cups veggies, 3 IP packets, drink lots of water and take your supplements, you will do great no matter which packets you choose.

Best of luck to you on your first weigh in! It sounds like you're doing great. I look forward to following your success on here, so please continue to post and let us know how you're doing.
Cindy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #11  
IP Start: 11/18/13

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I really dont like any of the other food except for the drinks.

I like the bars, puffs, soy nuts etc but I'm worried that eating those will slow my loss since they are restricted items.

I've never been big on processed foods and the omelets, soups, patties, pastas, etc all gross me out.

I was wondering if anyone else has JUST used the drinks and how that worked for them?

I don't want to sound like I don't want to follow the protocol b/c I DO and I've 4lbs so far my first week. However, I'm just looking for stories from others who may just eat a few of the foods.

thanks in advance!
I only use the drinks- and I'm so picky about it, I typically only drink the chocolate, cappuccino, and RTD strawberry banana. I only eat restricted items during the weekend (one/day) and I've had great results so far. I was off for the holidays and am back on plan as of January 1. Using only the drinks and few restricted has worked well for me and been encouraged by my coach. Good luck!
ashmeg07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

I have a very busy schedule that starts early and ends late and im always on my feet. With this in mind I eat 2 egg whites everyday. Without fail. I was starving mid morning and needed something. I have been on plan for 9 months and have lost over 100 lbs. I do not think it slows weight loss at all. I tried cutting out restricteds but that is when my weightloss slowed. My body needed more. Now I look forward to that happy treat each day. The program works, you can do this!
Sonyasbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Note* the egg whites are additional to the 3 packets, 4 c veg and dinner protein
Sonyasbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
thank you for your input. I will keep trying new things. Trying the chili today for lunch.
I really like the chilli. I rocked IP for quite a while but got bored with the same things. I didn't follow protocol the last three months and did ok. I stayed with in ten pounds of my WL. Some people need more choices some need less. I needed a break. I lost 100 in three months and hit 150 at 5 months or so. I would have to check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
I have a very busy schedule that starts early and ends late and im always on my feet. With this in mind I eat 2 egg whites everyday. Without fail. I was starving mid morning and needed something. I have been on plan for 9 months and have lost over 100 lbs. I do not think it slows weight loss at all. I tried cutting out restricteds but that is when my weightloss slowed. My body needed more. Now I look forward to that happy treat each day. The program works, you can do this!
Can you tell us more about your egg whites. I love the IP herb and cheese omelet but they're expensive and I'm getting order with them.

Great WL by the way!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Vet I also ate egg whites every day and will be adding them again. My day would start so early and if I ate a packet at 6, I would be starving my 12 so when I was on Phase 1 the first time I started my day with 2 scrambled egg whites with 1/4 cup diced veggies (peppers, mushrooms etc) and sea salt, Mrs. Dash. Then my 1st packet around 9. I had great losses. My coach was fine with it.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote