Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #46  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I jumped the gun & started running in P2, but it stalled my losses and felt crappy, should have waited until P3 like coach said! I found my stamina & endurance WAAAY better with 70+lb gone!

WHOOOOP!!!! I am going to The Cotton Bowl tonight! Excited to see our Heisman-winning quarterback in action, I love watching my Ags...definitely will be a cheat night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning! Toady is my 41st birthday. I just weighed in and I'm down 4 more pounds. It was a great "present" to myself.
HBD! 4lb is a perfect present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Chloe222 - I have one of the EAS AdvantEdge RTD (Chocolate Fudge) this morning on my way into work..I must say that it was really good and thick. I kept thinking that this would be really good with an ice smoothy with some of the WF Carmel. Definitely a keeper in my fridge from now on
Quote:
Thanks SD. I'll look for that flavor next time I'm in Walmart. Have you tried any of the vanilla's. I'm thinking they would be good with the WI chocolate syrup....yum
I prefer the EAS over Muscle Milk Light or Pure Protein RTDs myself. Use them in spinach smoothies and ice cream all the time!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
WHOOOOP!!!! I am going to The Cotton Bowl tonight! Excited to see our Heisman-winning quarterback in action, I love watching my Ags...definitely will be a cheat night!
I was hoping for a bowl game when I booked this FL trip but, alas, my Spartans were in an AZ bowl game. At least we won, which is more than I can say for the bulk of our conference's bowl performances...

Have a blast!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
My NSV today....doing some laundry before we head out of town this afternoon. I grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dryer and looked at the tag to see if they were my daughters or sons jeans. They were mine.

Once I got them straightened out they were clearly mine, but all bunched up I
couldn't tell. What a difference from June when I was in a size 18 pants. There was definitely no confusion back then between my jeans and my kids.
This made my day! What a wonderful NSV, I'm so happy for you
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
trying to get through the day at work when I would much rather be home in bed. Not feeling that great today. Perhaps that is why the scale hasn't been moving this week.

Anyone else seem to have a lot of emotional ups and downs doing IP or any other program. It is so weird. Yesterday I physically and emotionally felt on top of the world. Today I feel like I am stuck to the bottom of it's shoe.
Sickness can really mess up the system, can't it.

I've found that after the first month, my emotions leveled out a little bit. I think your body gets used to all the hormones being released from the fat. Maybe you're due for a WHOOOSH, if your emotions are all over the board? I'll send the WHOOOSH fairy your way
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
My NSV today....doing some laundry before we head out of town this afternoon. I grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dryer and looked at the tag to see if they were my daughters or sons jeans. They were mine.

Once I got them straightened out they were clearly mine, but all bunched up I couldn't tell. What a difference from June when I was in a size 18 pants. There was definitely no confusion back then between my jeans and my kids.
I LOVE this NSV! How fun! Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Yesterday I made a turkey for pup and me. (DH is vegetarian.) It came out pretty well, but Aslyn still only took a few bites. Upon DH's suggestion I pureed it with some cauliflower and she licked at that several more times. She seems to eat better if I am eating the same thing at the same time. So, I may have lots of meat in the immediate future. Pup is still doing very poorly and DH is really struggling. He cried yesterday more than I have ever seen him cry. I think this would be much less difficult on him if his mother had not been a complete jerk about our past decisions to euthanize pets that were suffering and had no hope of recovery after years of extensive veterinary/home veterinary care. I worry about her quality of life, however, Aslyn remains very "bright, alert, and responsive" as they say. She can only walk a few steps with both of us carrying her. (I have been getting in some serious weightlifting CREDITS the last few days of ~120 pounds of dog.) I know I can't force his decision though. She is our dog and all I can do is pray and try to point out that she won't get better (even with thousands of dollars of oncology) and that she has very low quality of life.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know what a tough decision it is and how hard it is to see our fur babies decline.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
trying to get through the day at work when I would much rather be home in bed. Not feeling that great today. Perhaps that is why the scale hasn't been moving this week.

Anyone else seem to have a lot of emotional ups and downs doing IP or any other program. It is so weird. Yesterday I physically and emotionally felt on top of the world. Today I feel like I am stuck to the bottom of it's shoe.
I had this feeling for the first month or two. It seemed to get better after I began taking Omega 3, (might be a placebo effect) I am using Nordic naturals after recommendations from here. hope that helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Yesterday I made a turkey for pup and me. (DH is vegetarian.) It came out pretty well, but Aslyn still only took a few bites. Upon DH's suggestion I pureed it with some cauliflower and she licked at that several more times. She seems to eat better if I am eating the same thing at the same time. So, I may have lots of meat in the immediate future. Pup is still doing very poorly and DH is really struggling. He cried yesterday more than I have ever seen him cry. I think this would be much less difficult on him if his mother had not been a complete jerk about our past decisions to euthanize pets that were suffering and had no hope of recovery after years of extensive veterinary/home veterinary care. I worry about her quality of life, however, Aslyn remains very "bright, alert, and responsive" as they say. She can only walk a few steps with both of us carrying her. (I have been getting in some serious weightlifting CREDITS the last few days of ~120 pounds of dog.) I know I can't force his decision though. She is our dog and all I can do is pray and try to point out that she won't get better (even with thousands of dollars of oncology) and that she has very low quality of life.

MonikaKolesnik, thank you for helping me appreciate what a gift this time with pup is. Can't wait until you get back to Onderland. I am hanging on to stay there myself. Would your vet allow you to give your cat a low dose of Pepcid? My vet has had me do that for both cat and dog when on antibiotics.
Shame on you DH's Mother for making a very hard, emotional, gut wrenching situation worse!! Suffering or any kind is never better when prolonged. You both love her and want what is best thats all, some people are so close minded at times it just makes me want to scream......
Thankfully you have each other during this time. Here is a pick of the plack in my house

As for my cat don't worry, just had to feed her a little more before her pills and she has been fine now

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-04-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Just got caught up from last nights thread, and wanted to add mquinn106, it's totally normal to feel a little off the first few days. Just a heads up today will probably be a little worse and then tomorrow you should start feeling better. I started the same day as you and I even bought a frozen pizza for the family for dinner (something I rarely do) in case I wasn't feeling up to cooking tonight. And Breezy, Welcome!! If you stick to the plan and commit this is truly the last diet you will ever need.

As for me, I have a busy morning ahead of me. MOPS this morning (and saying no to all those delicious goodies!), and this afternoon I have to get my daughters room organized and finish laminating and getting things set up for our calendar time that I'm hoping to start on Monday.

Question: What kind of herbal tea is everyone drinking? I went to Wal-Mart last night to get some MiO and a few other little things and had a hard time finding herbal tea without any carbs. Most said 1-2, but there were a few that said <1. I wound up with a decaf Earl Grey. I am drinking so much tea (generally at least 4 tea bags a day that each make a 16oz cup). I don't want it to add up and start messing with me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
I drink Celestial seasonings teas they are 100% natural and caffeine free and 0/0/0. if you go to their web site they have more than what some stores carry.
good luck
Old 01-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #53  

Height: 5' 7"

Liz - I'll try adding spinach into my smoothies to get my veggies in...thanks and have fun at the Cotton Bowl...
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good morning! Toady is my 41st birthday. I just weighed in and I'm down 4 more pounds. It was a great "present" to myself.
You already got yourself a great present so hope you have a great day to go with it!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #55  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Once I got them straightened out they were clearly mine, but all bunched up I couldn't tell. What a difference from June when I was in a size 18 pants. There was definitely no confusion back then between my jeans and my kids.
That's awesome!!! I know how you feel, last night I was going through my closet and came across an old pair of jeans my older daughter (24) didn't want anymore and I put them away thinking ONE DAY I would fit in them and to my suprise I tried them on and they fit!!!!

Happy Birthday USMCVET & NOLAWHODATCHICK
Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 222.4/197.4/130

Height: 5'.0"

Unhappy Down and out

I also am feeling down and out today. I started 4th week on Wednesday and was feeling so upbeat and motivated and today I feel down. Guess I shouldn't weigh myself everyday. I went up by .4 today and I've been OP from the beginning.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #57  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Just realized I have less than 100 to loose until goal. Nice feeling that 250 was so intimidating.
Congratulations! I love that feeling too!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #58  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Happy Birthday Vet! Glad to hear you're back on track.

Quote:
Chloe222 - I have one of the EAS AdvantEdge RTD (Chocolate Fudge) this morning on my way into work..I must say that it was really good and thick. I kept thinking that this would be really good with an ice smoothy with some of the WF Carmel. Definitely a keeper in my fridge from now on
I like the EAS shakes also. Warmed up is good with a little WF caramel and even a little instant decaf. The french vanilla is good and also the cafe caramel. I like having you "guys" posting on the daily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VET!!! And CONGRATULATIONS on the loss You're such an inspiration to all of us - thanks for sharing your journey.

A1Texan - I love the EAS CarbadvantEdge RTDs. You can warm them up for a hot chocolate too, though you probably don't need hot drinks too often in TX.

NavyMommy - I drink hot tea every morning and generally make two 12 oz cups from the same teabag. Personally, I don't notice that the 2nd cup is much weaker (& I drink it strong). Sticking with decaf is good as each cup will count towards your water intake for the day. But 4 or more teabags p/day at 2 carbs each is equal to the # of carbs in a protein packet...I'd def go with the <1 carb teas in your case.

I hit maintenance a couple weeks before Christmas and went a little crazy on my 'free' days. The first one went well, followed by a P1 day. But the sugar cravings kicked in hard and I wasn't very successful at ignoring them, and ended up with an 8 lb gain. So I'm back at P1 for a week (or more) to get back on track. So far so good, as my scale is going down nearly a lb every day. Whew...am so glad I am able to turn it around quickly. LOVE IP & all the support found here on 3FC! Thank you everyone...
I waited with maintenance until after the holidays for that reason. On phase 2 now and afraid to move on. You can do it Iris.

Happy Birthday Nola!
Sorry about your dog, Futurefitchick.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 222.4/197.4/130

Height: 5'.0"

Beck 81 your look amazing!! Congratulations.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

This is such a great place to get motivation! You are all so inspiring and helpful!
As I think of the days/weeks ahead I get overwhelmed. I've decided before any event or if I feel I'm going to falter I must spend 5 minutes on the daily thread!
Closed Thread