3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Thursday, January 3, 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 6,808

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday, January 3, 2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.


Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
NavyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 644

S/C/G: 190/185.4/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good morning!!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in! I was active here about a year or so ago when IP helped me go from 210 to 170. I then had to stop because life was happening fast (cross country move with 2 toddlers, living with family for a few months, husband deploying, buying a house). Well hubby is home safe, we are settled into our new house, and I have no more excuses for not getting back in the game.

I put my current weight at 183.2 because that's what the scale said yesterday morning (yesterday was my day 1), but in reality I was at only about 175, last week I had to take a short course of meds that led to major water retention. That's total proof this diet does exactly what it says it will do, I would guess and say it's been about a year since I phased off and in that time only gained 5 pounds, most of which can be attributed to glycogen stores. When I was on this last time and people saw how fast the weight came off they would tell me it was just water and would come back as soon as I started eating again, but a year later and it hasn't.

The one thing I am going to have to work on figuring out this time is gym time. We joined the Y when we moved and I have become a bit addicted to it. They offer free childcare so not only do I get to have an entire hour of Mommy time, but I can then take a shower without helpers, or little fingers poking under the door (I know the other moms know what I'm talking about!). I think I am going to try to cut back to 3 classes a week, and obviously add in an extra packet when I do.

I'm off to do some searching and reading on exercise Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!
__________________
NavyMommy is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
FutureFitChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 444

S/C/G: 261/241/136

Height: 5'8"

Default

Morning, Everyone.

I am moving this post from yesterday's thread (I posted there by mistake).

I found this article interesting and wanted to share. It is about how "naturally thin" people stay that way. It is backed by a lot of great research.

http://www.realsimple.com/health/nut...int-index.html

Pup is still hanging in there, but continues to decline. I am still glad we brought her home. I am going to make a turkey today to see if she will eat any. When you are making a turkey on IP do you just baste it with broth and herbs? I didn't have time to brine it and Mom always used butter for that. (I don't have a ton of turkey cooking experience as DH is vegetarian, so there is not a lot of point in usually making one for the two of us.)

Both my husband and I have some work flexibility right now so we could both worth at home with her by our side. We really are lucky.

Food was 100% on plan yesterday, although the scale did not reward me this morning (TOM). I know the reason and that it will pass and I am not giving up and am staying on plan! Breakfast was 100% this morning as well. Thanks again for your support. I know I would not be staying on plan without all of you!

MonicaKolesnik, I hope you are feeling much better!

NewLady, great job staying on plan in the midst of the family crisis. Sending out prayers on your behalf.

Millertime, hope you have a great start to your program! I look forward to getting to know you.
__________________

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
More E-N-E-R-G-Y
Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
Being a healthy role-model for my nephews, students, and godson
Horsebackriding without guilt

Last edited by FutureFitChick : 01-03-2013 at 08:14 AM.
FutureFitChick is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default

Good Morning IPeeps! Started off the day with a brisk 6.5-mile run, it was a chilly 30-degrees here, but won't complain too much since we have a few -18ers around!!! Finishing my coffee about to ramp up for the day - although work is sloooooow and there is no one around....so expect to see me pop up later this afternoon!
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20

LizRR is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,120

S/C/G: 214/165 (post-partum)/145

Height: 5'6"/39yo

Default

NavyMommy, I remember your name from my lurking on old threads, so awesome to hear how you maintained through all the craziness! Please thank your husband for his service to our country, I work on products that protect our warfighters (DoD contractor) and am so proud and amazed whenever I meet our servicemen (aka, 'customers).

FutureFitChick - good to hear your puppy is finding such love & comfort.
__________________

Started Ideal Protein - Phase 1: 2/28/2012, Phase 4: 9/1/2012
#1:-9lb,-1.19%; # 7:-3lb,-0.55%; *13:-5lb,-0.76%; #18:-2lb,-0.87%; Start Phase2! Start Phase 3!
#2:-6lb,-1.01%; # 8:-3lb,-0.60%; #14:-2lb,-0.48%; #19:-3lb,-0.53%; #1:-0,-0.00%; #1:+1.4lb,+0.82%
*4:-6lb,-0.95%; # 9:-4lb,-0.69%; #15:-.4lb,-0.1%; *21:-3lb,-1.40%; #2:-0,-1.10%; #2:-1.0lb,-0.33%
#5:-5lb,-0.79%; #10:-2lb,-0.50%; #16:-4lb,-0.98%; #22:-5lb,-1.41%
#6:-3lb,-0.57%; #11:-4lb,-0.76%; #17:-2lb,-3.70%; *on travel WI#3,12,20

LizRR is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

usmcvet
Quote:
Rainbow! You were in my little state of VT! Okay I'm done pouting. Is the chicken broth any good?what do you add if anything to it?
awwwww man!!!!!!!!!!! vet, i didn't know u were from vermont!!!!! omg we could have totally hooked up!!!! what part of vermont are you in???

i use the chicken broth all the time. if i make veggie puree i always cook my veggies in broth instead of water. more flavor and hey an extra protein never hurt!

i use the broth to make the soups as well.

i always use it to de-glaze a pan since my white wine is out!! boo!!

a lot of times i will just heat up a cup....add some red pepper flakes....and fresh basil....and enjoy!! it helps when i am just starving!!!

if i pan sear a piece of chicken...i will sometimes use a little bit of chicken broth into the pan at the last minute to keep it moist and to have a little "pan gravy"

when i saute veggies, like zucchini and yellow squash or snow peas, a little broth adds some flavor....and if i want chinese veggies i will use half bragg amino liquids and chicken broth to make a nice sauce

you can also see recipes in my recipe threads that use the broth too

hope that helps..

man i am bummed..................i wish i knew you lived in vermont, dh and i would have loved to meet those adorable kids of yours!!!!!!!!....and you too!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Good Morning IPeeps! Started off the day with a brisk 6.5-mile run, it was a chilly 30-degrees here, but won't complain too much since we have a few -18ers around!!! Finishing my coffee about to ramp up for the day - although work is sloooooow and there is no one around....so expect to see me pop up later this afternoon!
gf.....you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 478

Height: 5' 7"

Default

I'm still holding true with OP. I feel my waist is getting smaller but WI tomorrow. I have tried to stay off the home scale the last two days. It wasn't encouraging. I'll see if my coach can offer any guidance this week besides just looking and nodding and asking me if "I'm sure I didn't cheat over the Holidays." If I said I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat. I'm 55 years old and I'm not going to lie when it comes to this diet...I'm okay not and stepping off my soap-box
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
mompattie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,287

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
gf.....you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing!!!! LE sigh!! Up at 5:30 AM to run!!! If you see me running at 5:30 AM, it's because I'm being chased by a bear! LOL! Way to go Lizzy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I'm still holding true with OP. I feel my waist is getting smaller but WI tomorrow. I have tried to stay off the home scale the last two days. It wasn't encouraging. I'll see if my coach can offer any guidance this week besides just looking and nodding and asking me if "I'm sure I didn't cheat over the Holidays." If I said I didn't cheat, I didn't cheat. I'm 55 years old and I'm not going to lie when it comes to this diet...I'm okay not and stepping off my soap-box
LE sigh. Hang in there. This too shall pass. And what's the alternative? That's what I always think when the ling gets tough....the tough get going!

**************
My little boy is sick again. :-(. LE sigh. He's been treated with inhaler and prednisone for a wicked cough (prob the bronchitis that I had!). Now he's fevered and headachy. We have plans for the weekend that include hotel and water sliding! Poor kid, I hope he perks up. They will be sooooo disappointed ifbwe cant go! :-(. Napping now with Tylenol on board. Back to the doctor we go.....we're becoming fixtures there.
__________________

I've finally realized that I AM WORTH IT!
mompattie is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,644

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in! I was active here about a year or so ago when IP helped me go from 210 to 170. I then had to stop because life was happening fast (cross country move with 2 toddlers, living with family for a few months, husband deploying, buying a house). Well hubby is home safe, we are settled into our new house, and I have no more excuses for not getting back in the game.

I put my current weight at 183.2 because that's what the scale said yesterday morning (yesterday was my day 1), but in reality I was at only about 175, last week I had to take a short course of meds that led to major water retention. That's total proof this diet does exactly what it says it will do, I would guess and say it's been about a year since I phased off and in that time only gained 5 pounds, most of which can be attributed to glycogen stores. When I was on this last time and people saw how fast the weight came off they would tell me it was just water and would come back as soon as I started eating again, but a year later and it hasn't.

The one thing I am going to have to work on figuring out this time is gym time. We joined the Y when we moved and I have become a bit addicted to it. They offer free childcare so not only do I get to have an entire hour of Mommy time, but I can then take a shower without helpers, or little fingers poking under the door (I know the other moms know what I'm talking about!). I think I am going to try to cut back to 3 classes a week, and obviously add in an extra packet when I do.

I'm off to do some searching and reading on exercise Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!
Welcome back Navymommy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Good Morning IPeeps! Started off the day with a brisk 6.5-mile run, it was a chilly 30-degrees here, but won't complain too much since we have a few -18ers around!!! Finishing my coffee about to ramp up for the day - although work is sloooooow and there is no one around....so expect to see me pop up later this afternoon!
Liz!




Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
usmcvet

awwwww man!!!!!!!!!!! vet, i didn't know u were from vermont!!!!! omg we could have totally hooked up!!!! what part of vermont are you in???

i use the chicken broth all the time. if i make veggie puree i always cook my veggies in broth instead of water. more flavor and hey an extra protein never hurt!

i use the broth to make the soups as well.

i always use it to de-glaze a pan since my white wine is out!! boo!!

a lot of times i will just heat up a cup....add some red pepper flakes....and fresh basil....and enjoy!! it helps when i am just starving!!!

if i pan sear a piece of chicken...i will sometimes use a little bit of chicken broth into the pan at the last minute to keep it moist and to have a little "pan gravy"

when i saute veggies, like zucchini and yellow squash or snow peas, a little broth adds some flavor....and if i want chinese veggies i will use half bragg amino liquids and chicken broth to make a nice sauce

you can also see recipes in my recipe threads that use the broth too

hope that helps..

man i am bummed..................i wish i knew you lived in vermont, dh and i would have loved to meet those adorable kids of yours!!!!!!!!....and you too!!!
I live in Barre, VT exit 6 & 7 off I89 and I work in Waterbury, VT exit 10 off I89. There is always next time. You'll owe me two big hugs then.
__________________


"Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL" -Wimpster

:dance r:

Once I hit goal "I'm Going to Disney!"
usmcvet is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #11
Member
 
tobehealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Default

That Real Simple article was a great read. Thanks for sharing!
__________________
tobehealthy is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Cinderbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 222.4/197.4/130

Height: 5'.0"

Default 3rd WI and....

down 22.6 lbs. Really scared I am going to lose momentum and have a week where I don't lose or I gain. Still loving this diet.
Cinderbug is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
8/23/12 - 1/6/13
 
Fishette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 562

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Someone asked about MFP logging calories burned for weightlifting...
You can add an entry in the cardio section called "strength training (weight lifting...)". It calculates to 186 calories for 60 minutes.
__________________


WI-PreIP: -2 IP:-5.5,-3.5,-0.2,-3.0,-2.6,+.2, -.8, -3, -2, -1, 0, -2, -2, -2, -1, -1, -2, 0, -2, -2
Vacation, Stress, and Teaming for an 4th Day Retreat = 7 pounds up in 4 months, so back we go...
IP Phase 2: -2
Fishette is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I was thinking the same thing!!!! LE sigh!! Up at 5:30 AM to run!!! If you see me running at 5:30 AM, it's because I'm being chased by a bear! LOL! Way to go Lizzy!!!
hahahahahaha my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

I live in Barre, VT exit 6 & 7 off I89 and I work in Waterbury, VT exit 10 off I89. There is always next time. You'll owe me two big hugs then.
bummer....we went to waterbury!!!!!!!!! and montpelier!!!!!!!!!!! drats!!!

NEXT TIME FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:23 AM   #15
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 336

S/C/G: 187/173.4/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Good morning everybody!

Navymommy, it's nice to meet you and especially nice to see how well you've maintained with all the events you described. It gives me hope that this will really be my last diet!

Futurefitchick, have you tried hamburg and rice? I give that to my girl when she's not feeling well and she almost always eats it right up.

LizRR, you are always an inspiration! I can't begin to imagine getting up and running when it's that cold outside!

Tex, I hope your WI goes well! My "coach" isn't much better than yours by the sound of it.

I have WI tonite...I really hope to see a 4lb loss but between TOM and the wine I drank this weekend, I can't hope for too much. I think this will be my last visit to my "coach". She really doesn't offer me much guidance and her office is an hour from my house. Last week she didn't do anything more than weigh me and take $$ for food. No words of wisdom on how to survive New Year's eve or the trip I was planning. After being on this website, I feel like any questions or concerns that I have can be resolved here with all your help! Thanks everybody!
mrskuby is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2