Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

finally figured out how to get my picture on my avatar. I'm the short one and the tower beside me is my DS who is 17.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
WyoGirl82,
Get rid of them!!! Once you reach Phase 4 you'll know how to maintain and won't ever need them again!!!
When you reach phase 4 not having any bigger clothes makes sure you don't regain much.

I was in maintenance, regained over the holidays and have to get it off right away because all my pants are very tight on me. I have to relose about 8 pounds but it feels like a lot more because you judge by how your clothes fit.

I refuse to buy a size up from what I wore at goal so have instant stimulus to get the regain off quick.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #78  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
For reasons unknown, I hopped on the scale this morning. I rarely get on the scale between WI but something today made me do it. Anyway the scale said 199!!! I had tears in my eyes seeing a 1 as the first number. Granted my "official" WI was yesterday and my scale is 2 pounds lighter than my coaches but still...the first number was a 1
Congrats!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Wyo

I kept my 'skinny' clothes for years. Then this summer pre-IP, I decided to give them away before they became too outdated!

Now I wish I had them back.

Going for WI this afternoon, then going to the second-hand store for clothes and bathing-suits. If they have nothing there, I'm going to Sears. Haven't shopped in Sears in years!!!!
Actually lots of people commented when getting close to goal that the old "shinny" clothes didn't look as nice as they thought they would because their body shape had changed. Most people look for good sales and buy things that fit well at the new weight.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Sounds like lots of us are dealing with cold temps right now. Brrr! Thank goodness for my uber warm down coat! Yeesh!

A few people asked yesterday about my 5k - well, I finished it! I had been doing a learn to run clinic through our local Running Room and was running three times a week from October 17th to December 23rd. It's one of the reasons I phased off - running while on IP was doing crazy things to my body. By the time I got to doing the actual race it was harder than I thought it would be but I finished it in 45 minutes as was my goal and that was despite the fact that I walked a lot (the course was uphill the first half - sucked!!) and was carrying around a few more pounds than I'd started my running time with. But I did it and was super proud of myself for persevering and will take up running again when I'm done IP for good, probably in three months or so.

I won't miss running in the cold and snow, that's for sure! It was -8C on race day and though the sun was shining it was FREEZING!!
Wow you look fantastic!!! It is a really good idea to get your mind and body set for some form of exercise when you hit maintenance. Your timing of when to reach goal and the warmer weather returning to let you run should work out well.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Sounds like I'm not alone with "the crud". I was the last one in the family to fall prey. Not really the way I had intended to spend my time off. Oh well, hoping I'm on the way back up. Congrats to all the losses and NSV's. Misses my WI because of being sick by my scale showed a drop.
Another incredible update picture! WTG!! Love the pink sweater on you.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 221/163/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Okay I have a question for the group. For the past several days I have had a nice large lunch with my protein and veggies or salad. Several glass of water or tea and 20 minutes later my stomach is growling and feels empty. I get back to the office and start drinking water because I can't have another IP until about 3. Sometimes I have the IP early but it still doesn't stop the hunger. Any suggestions?
I usually have about 3 oz of my supper protein on my salads at lunch. You can make a bigger salad using unlimited lettuce & add your two cups of veggies. Maybe a hard boiled egg?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #83  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild wire View Post
I usually have about 3 oz of my supper protein on my salads at lunch. You can make a bigger salad using unlimited lettuce & add your two cups of veggies. Maybe a hard boiled egg?
I'm satisfied when I leave the table. It's just that after the fullness goes away extremely fast and I'm feeling hungry. I'll ask my Coach tomorrow to see if she has any bright ideas.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
For reasons unknown, I hopped on the scale this morning. I rarely get on the scale between WI but something today made me do it. Anyway the scale said 199!!! I had tears in my eyes seeing a 1 as the first number. Granted my "official" WI was yesterday and my scale is 2 pounds lighter than my coaches but still...the first number was a 1
It's been a while since I've seen that 1 as well
Who cares what scale? You saw the onderland 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
I'm planning on donating my clothes through a staff member at my old high school. I have a lot of new clothes from lane bryant that I have barely worn! I always had clothes given to me when I was in hs and I guess it's my way of giving back.
Quote:
So glad it's not just me Rainbow! Mine are on my bedroom floor in trash bags that I move from spot to spot everyday. Had never really thought about the connection to my fear of failure until today! I don't think I'm ready to get rid of them yet...but 10 or 20 more lbs and they're out of here!!
I started with getting rid of the more worn items and the things I didn't really like that much (to Goodwill). Then I donated pants to the high school that some bigger girls could use for uniform pants.
I still have a box for Goodwill and a bag for the nicer resale shop. Nothing holding me back but time (left for vaca before I got to it). But I posted in the 100%ers mid-Dec-ish about my own fears when closet cleaning. It is certainly a process & doesn't have to be done all at once.
Think of it as a death. Someone who loses a loved one slowly makes changes in the house. Those bad-for-us foods were dear loved ones for years that did nothing but hurt us. Fear is part of the change process. It is okay to start small.

Quote:
Okay I have a question for the group. For the past several days I have had a nice large lunch with my protein and veggies or salad. Several glass of water or tea and 20 minutes later my stomach is growling and feels empty. I get back to the office and start drinking water because I can't have another IP until about 3. Sometimes I have the IP early but it still doesn't stop the hunger. Any suggestions?
I don't know why but if I have salad for lunch, it's like Chinese food...I'm hungry again within the hour, even if I have my salty,crunchy restricted with it! It doesn't happen if I take stir fried veggies or a soup containing veggie purée. I've just learned to try different things until I figure out what works.
The days I did a salad, I had a VERY early snack b/c I've learned not to let myself get too hungry. If necessary, an extra packet will keep me OP. If hungry, no reason to wait 3 hours! Sometimes a MIO flavored water has helped me thru (or a hot herbal tea)

You might want to do some reading about leptin. It is a POWERFUL hormone.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #85  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOUR NEW PHOTO!!!!!!!!!
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!
Ditto! You look amazing!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #86  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Another incredible update picture! WTG!! Love the pink sweater on you.
Away, thanks! It never ceases to amaze me how kind everyone is. Here's to a great 2013!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Thanks everyone!!! Seeing onderland sure did feel good. Now I have more motivation than ever . Having one of those days where I don't get much done. Oh well...I have no doubt I will get it done, just now today.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #88  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Oy, this is what happens when I spend all afternoon away from my computer, so much to catch up on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

We do this supper club thing each month and they are themed, well it is at someone elses house this month and the theme is "Breakfast for dinner" I won't torture you with what is on the menu. I was thinking of taking a crustless, spinach quiche, I know it has some cheese in it, but thought for one dinner it would be ok. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Found this crustless quiche recipe on an IP clinic site - no cheese, no cheat!
http://www.ideallyyou.ca/crustless-spinach-quiche

And here's one for minis:
http://www.nutra-works.com/blog/mini...t-loss-recipe/

The internet is your friend You could always make the first recipe, and just add a Tbsp or two of Veggie Shreds to the top as garnish before it finishes cooking.

Quote:
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
TOSS TOSS TOSS!!! Anything in my house that is too big for me is just an excuse to get fast and loose with the rules. After all, why not cheat a little if I know I have something that will fit me, I won't be stuck, right? WRONG! Big sizes are going out the door as fast as I can get out of them into a smaller size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
Logically I know things will slow down, and I'm sure I'll get over it once the time comes. I'm just so amazed at where I am after 2 months; I really can't believe it sometimes! I also know the weeks where I gain (if it happens) are going to be hardest for me. I have a thyroid problem that was never kept under very good control.
I have Hashi's Hypothyroid too, turns out it was the culprit of my yo-yo'ing weight for YEARS before they diagnosed me. I have other symptoms that need managing, but my weight isn't one of them anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
I won't miss running in the cold and snow, that's for sure! It was -8C on race day and though the sun was shining it was FREEZING!!
JEN!!!! YOU look phenomenal!! And way to crush that 5k, I don't think I'd be strong enough to run in that kind of cold All of my upcoming 5ks are in the summer and fall

Quote:
I'm satisfied when I leave the table. It's just that after the fullness goes away extremely fast and I'm feeling hungry. I'll ask my Coach tomorrow to see if she has any bright ideas.
Lisa nailed it - look up Leptin. It may be the root of your hunger after eating.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #89  

Quote:
Try some of LizzRR's veggie purées. There's a thread dedicated to them! The cauliflower garlic be is esp good, tastes like mashed potatoes!!! Something warm in your belly maybe will make you fuller longer. Or some hot green tea??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
Away, thanks! It never ceases to amaze me how kind everyone is. Here's to a great 2013!
You look awesome!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Thanks Monica! I hope you continue to get well!! I wish I could pack up some of my cauliflower garlic purée and bring it over!!! I'm sure we actually don't live that far apart!!! And like Rainbow said, I can't wait until we can PAR-TAY with you when you get to ONDERLAND!!!!
Thanks so much Mompattie , I could bring you the beef roast, jicama fries and sautéed mushrooms I made tonight. (I did not even over cook the roast!!!)

Hope your son is feeling better!

Onederland will feel great!!! hope to be there soon!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Closed Thread