Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #61  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
kiley, congrats on arriving at onederland!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOUR NEW PHOTO!!!!!!!!!
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #62  

Wyo get rid of the old clothes! From past experience keeping the old clothes gave me "permission" to gain "just a little" weight back. no more! A friend of mine is getting my old clothes and is so excited.

Monica you are so right about having to trust the program when things stall a little.
Kiley congrats on Onderland!!!! I cannot wait!

BIG NEWS!!!! I CAN DRIVE!!!!!!! The feeling of freedom is so nice. Now on to my first PT treatment with the real thing!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOUR NEW PHOTO!!!!!!!!!
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!
Hehehehe - thanks! I look like a bit of a tool but it was cold!! And DH brought me Starbucks so I'd have it at the finish line, I swear I don't run with coffee.

In other news, trying the rotini for the first time today. Yeah, not a fan. At all. Blech!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
wow....i totally understand...and i am right there with you! i have a box of clothes...all packed...and sitting on my bedroom floor....and every day i pass it and think, ok, today is the day i dump them for good...i even took them as far as the front door, ONCE...but still they linger in my bedroom...in a box...my past insecurities all taped up...my fear of failure..Rainbow,
...in a box....just taunting me.
Why not take out 1-2 things you might want to keep (for another week or two) and then ask Nigel to take the box to Goodwill. When you want to get rid of the remaining items, you will, but this way, the lionshare of the items will be on their way to other homes.

Quote:
Hi all! Sounds like lots of us are dealing with cold temps right now. Brrr! Thank goodness for my uber warm down coat! Yeesh!

A few people asked yesterday about my 5k - well, I finished it!
Congrats on finishing a 5K! You are inspiring me to get prepared to run one - just to feel accomplished that I did one...it would be an excellent goal. Thanks!

Plus, your new pics are amazing, your stats are inspirational.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
For reasons unknown, I hopped on the scale this morning. I rarely get on the scale between WI but something today made me do it. Anyway the scale said 199!!! I had tears in my eyes seeing a 1 as the first number. Granted my "official" WI was yesterday and my scale is 2 pounds lighter than my coaches but still...the first number was a 1
That's quite a milestone!! Congratulations! And get used to feeling successful, it's what happens on IP.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, chloe! Truth be told I did put more than a few pounds back on during my two months off, especially around the holiday week. But I own them and learned many valuable lessons along the way and know it won't be long before they're gone once again.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #66  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hehehehe - thanks! I look like a bit of a tool but it was cold!! And DH brought me Starbucks so I'd have it at the finish line, I swear I don't run with coffee.

In other news, trying the rotini for the first time today. Yeah, not a fan. At all. Blech!
You were supposed to lie and tell us all you finished the race without spilling a drop of your coffee!!! You are a rockstar Jen!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
wow....i totally understand...and i am right there with you! i have a box of clothes...all packed...and sitting on my bedroom floor....and every day i pass it and think, ok, today is the day i dump them for good...i even took them as far as the front door, ONCE...but still they linger in my bedroom...in a box...my past insecurities all taped up...my fear of failure.....in a box....just taunting me.
So glad it's not just me Rainbow! Mine are on my bedroom floor in trash bags that I move from spot to spot everyday. Had never really thought about the connection to my fear of failure until today! I don't think I'm ready to get rid of them yet...but 10 or 20 more lbs and they're out of here!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I know how great a feeling it is to donate all those fat clothes. I did that on a previous diet and bought lots of skinny clothes. I didn't know how to maintain and let regaining get away from me until 45 pounds were back and I had NOTHING to wear because I refused to buy fat clothes again because I intended to loose the weight again. For the past few years I've been loosing 20 pounds and gaining it back, and have been wearing the same few things over and over again... so my advice is to save SOME of your nicest things and hide them in the rafters! Now that I've started IP I think I will loose the weight and maintain and hopefully you will too... but at least you won't be shabby or naked if you slip!

Rainbow, thanks for replying to me about cooking broths. I made some of LizRR's purees to last me through the week, and noticed they have MSG in them, so I intend to buy more of the "right" products so I can be more compliant.
Rarebird....this sounds like the best idea for me right now. I will keep a few of my nice things and the stretchy ones that will fit for a while. But those things that I never felt good in and always made me feel self-concious are going to a new home! Thanks for the good advice!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
My husband and I donated every single piece of bigger clothing. We said no money for new clothes that are bigger...if you get off the wagon, you're forced to get back on because you'll have nothing to wear. This is very true! I have gotten to a very tight point in my closet and thus a reboot is what I am doing now and then wanting to lose some more. THROW THEM OUT!! I did years and years of yo-yoing and I had way to many sizes in my closet to fall back on.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Mompattie I am so sorry your son is sick, hopefully the medications kick in and he does not have to miss out on the fun weekend plans!!

I am also feeling better, enough to get my butt out of bed atleast and do somethings around this disaster I call a house. I just got my Nordic Naturals Omega 3 vitamins in and I must say they taste alot better then the bargain basement brand I could get around here (small town what you going to do). My Cat had to go to the vet yesterday and be put on antibiotics for a URTI and no she vomited this am due to the meds, so it has been fun in the house as usual...sigh. I will say weight wise each morning I weigh in I am about a pound down which has been very encouraging (yes I am a daily weigher). Soon I hope to be under 210 and then GASP maybe under 200!!!
Thanks Monica! I hope you continue to get well!! I wish I could pack up some of my cauliflower garlic purée and bring it over!!! I'm sure we actually don't live that far apart!!! And like Rainbow said, I can't wait until we can PAR-TAY with you when you get to ONDERLAND!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That crud that seems to be going all over North America is so bad! I never get sick and this thing knocked me out for a whole month from late in November on till last week. I asked my doctor if he was getting tired of having patient after patient with the same thing.
I'm just wondering if you are planning to travel west for your watersliding adventure? I hope the little guy recovers and you can go.

Pat
It's thick crud all over this continent!! Tylenol and Advil have DS perked up this afternoon, but he's having a movie quiet time right now. And our waterside getaway is just south a few hours to Regina! Thanks Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
GET RID OF THEM ASAP. This is the mental sabotaging that we do to ourselves. You WILL NOT WEAR THEM AGAIN SO WHY ARE YOU KEEPING THEM??? You got this hon, dump em!

Quote:
heeheee LE sigh..... le sigh is just a saying i use like a catch phrase that pepe le pew used to utter all the time in cartoons!!!.......when i need to sigh...but want it to have a bigger impact!!....as in "LE" SIGH....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gv3ADNVJdU
And now I say LE sigh...all the time!! LE sigh!

Quote:
wow....i totally understand...and i am right there with you! i have a box of clothes...all packed...and sitting on my bedroom floor....and every day i pass it and think, ok, today is the day i dump them for good...i even took them as far as the front door, ONCE...but still they linger in my bedroom...in a box...my past insecurities all taped up...my fear of failure.....in a box....just taunting me.
Oh hon, p,ease don't sabotage yourself. You WILL NOT WEAR THEM AGAIN. Take them to a consignment or Sally Ann shop. Get them out of your house TODAY! And don't let Nigel do it. There's something liberating and healing to do it yourself. Say goodbye to the old you!! And then go shopping for a new top afterwards to celebrate this milestone!!! YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU MUST.

Quote:
Hi all! Sounds like lots of us are dealing with cold temps right now. Brrr! Thank goodness for my uber warm down coat! Yeesh!

A few people asked yesterday about my 5k - well, I finished it! I had been doing a learn to run clinic through our local Running Room and was running three times a week from October 17th to December 23rd. It's one of the reasons I phased off - running while on IP was doing crazy things to my body. By the time I got to doing the actual race it was harder than I thought it would be but I finished it in 45 minutes as was my goal and that was despite the fact that I walked a lot (the course was uphill the first half - sucked!!) and was carrying around a few more pounds than I'd started my running time with. But I did it and was super proud of myself for persevering and will take up running again when I'm done IP for good, probably in three months or so.

I won't miss running in the cold and snow, that's for sure! It was -8C on race day and though the sun was shining it was FREEZING!!
Well hello there über cute skinny lady!!!! Awesome friggin fantastic job on the 5 K!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #71  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Sounds like I'm not alone with "the crud". I was the last one in the family to fall prey. Not really the way I had intended to spend my time off. Oh well, hoping I'm on the way back up. Congrats to all the losses and NSV's. Misses my WI because of being sick by my scale showed a drop.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #72  

Height: 5' 7"

Okay I have a question for the group. For the past several days I have had a nice large lunch with my protein and veggies or salad. Several glass of water or tea and 20 minutes later my stomach is growling and feels empty. I get back to the office and start drinking water because I can't have another IP until about 3. Sometimes I have the IP early but it still doesn't stop the hunger. Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #73  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
hahahahahaha my sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

bummer....we went to waterbury!!!!!!!!! and montpelier!!!!!!!!!!! drats!!!

NEXT TIME FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning IP friends!

Navymom Welcome back, please also thank your husband for his service from me too. And thank you as well! As a former military spouse, I full well know that the whole family "serves" when a member deploys, especially the spouse who keeps things going back at home. So thank you all!

Vet- OMG how do you keep warm? I am finding it harder to feel warm, I assume because the calories are so low and my body just doesn't have the fuel for the fire When it's a balmy 30 degrees here in Louisiana, I'm freezing! Yesterday I asked my son why he took off his shirt and he said "I'm sweating b/c you turned the heat up so high." Don't think I could live in VT right now!

TEXAN Right there with you about the scolding. Maybe it's what motivates some, but most grown-ups don't need that style!

Cinderbug Congrats on your losses, you are doing so great! I'd say count on a week of no or very slow losses (or possibly a gain), but try to get your mind set on it right now as being "normal", not a slowdown in momentum. Then hopefully when it happens, you will be mentally prepared. It's natural and normal as the body tried to adjust to the diet and lowered calories. If you look at the signatures of folks who have been 100% OP for a while, you will see it in their WIs that they experience slow weeks, no loss weeks, and it's just a temporary thing.

Rainbow Hope you are feeling better and all colorful again!

Futurefitchick I hadn't got to tell you yet, but my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your beautiful pup. big hugs...

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
It is tough this time of year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Hope you can see my ticker at the bottom. If not, don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Feel much better today Had strep throat! That hurts like h*ll!!!

Going for my WI this afternoon. Wish me luck!!!! If my ticker is there, I hope to change it!!!
We can see it! Good progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
How do I provide my S/C/G: ??? and height ??

Then how do I change my weight??
You need to go to the user CP and into your profile to change those.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #74  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Great losses everyone. Keep up the hard work.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

wyogirl82: I get rid of all my big clothes to goodwill and make sure to get a receipt for tax purposes. I have run out of clothes from my small stash.
congrats to everyone for all the great wins.
Weigh in is tomorrow hoping to be back at my weight before the holidays....kind of slipped up but not going to beat my self about it(stuff happens)
Closed Thread