Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #46  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
wow....i totally understand...and i am right there with you! i have a box of clothes...all packed...and sitting on my bedroom floor....and every day i pass it and think, ok, today is the day i dump them for good...i even took them as far as the front door, ONCE...but still they linger in my bedroom...in a box...my past insecurities all taped up...my fear of failure.....in a box....just taunting me.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I wanted to say for anyone who knows wuv2bloved and her story we have a chance to help her get her story on CNN, if you go to the thread Loving wuv2bloved and click the link that has been posted there you can sign up for an account and vote for her story!! This takes our written support above and beyond these forums for a women who has went above and beyond for many of us!!! please vote and send Maezy1 your info if you want to participate!!!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
wow....i totally understand...and i am right there with you! i have a box of clothes...all packed...and sitting on my bedroom floor....and every day i pass it and think, ok, today is the day i dump them for good...i even took them as far as the front door, ONCE...but still they linger in my bedroom...in a box...my past insecurities all taped up...my fear of failure.....in a box....just taunting me.
This was me last time. And I eventually fit into them again. I want to start going through my clothes, esp the Winter ones. I know the consignment shop near my clinic has a wait list but since they have a small selection of plus size I am thinking I might be able to get in faster. I am also on a couple of local 'yard sales' on FB. I will probably just go to Goodwill like I do with my daughter's stuff. I don't mind that route, but I should really be more diligent since we could use the money.

I totally think there are a lot of emotional 'mind-games' coming into play with getting ride of our bigger clothes.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #49  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I'm planning on donating my clothes through a staff member at my old high school. I have a lot of new clothes from lane bryant that I have barely worn! I always had clothes given to me when I was in hs and I guess it's my way of giving back.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #50  

Futurefitchick My heart goes out to you and your Pup. Not an easy thing to go through at all. I had to put one of my cats to sleep years ago and I was totally devastated. It took me years to get another. Which was my cat who recently passed away, this time by a car. We ended up getting a rescue dog about 2months later and it was the best thing we could have done. I agree with Bellamack as long as your baby is comfortable, do all you can to keep giving him lots of love.

A1Texan You can see my lively 'opinion' of coaches in the 'To be coached or not thread. Makes me livid!!!
mompattie Hope your son feels better. We had to miss Disney on Ice because my daughter was sick. TG it was going to be a surprise so she never knew.
kay2012 Congrats on your continued success!!
Scorbett Knowing you I can totally see you getting out there yesterday to start the C25k, but I agree with mompattie but alas there are no bears in our area. BTW: to O. Poor kid!!
Enjah Way to go!! You can do it!!!

So am here paying bills, no truly I am, my husband was supposed to Winterize the sliding door and windows. He decides to take down the tree. I know I will regret not moving faster to get downstairs........How sad is it I am actually sort of looking forward to going to work?? Feeling better, just so aggrivated.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #51  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
I know how great a feeling it is to donate all those fat clothes. I did that on a previous diet and bought lots of skinny clothes. I didn't know how to maintain and let regaining get away from me until 45 pounds were back and I had NOTHING to wear because I refused to buy fat clothes again because I intended to loose the weight again. For the past few years I've been loosing 20 pounds and gaining it back, and have been wearing the same few things over and over again... so my advice is to save SOME of your nicest things and hide them in the rafters! Now that I've started IP I think I will loose the weight and maintain and hopefully you will too... but at least you won't be shabby or naked if you slip!

Rainbow, thanks for replying to me about cooking broths. I made some of LizRR's purees to last me through the week, and noticed they have MSG in them, so I intend to buy more of the "right" products so I can be more compliant.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #52  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Wyo

I kept my 'skinny' clothes for years. Then this summer pre-IP, I decided to give them away before they became too outdated!

Now I wish I had them back.

Going for WI this afternoon, then going to the second-hand store for clothes and bathing-suits. If they have nothing there, I'm going to Sears. Haven't shopped in Sears in years!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Haven't posted anything in quite awhile, but I've been reading daily and sharing in your journeys. I have restarted following the plan today and have renewed hope. I'm nervous too. As a 40-something this was the first diet I've tried where my body actually responded and changed so I know it works. I just tend to eat my emotions and that's where I get hung-up. Looking forward to chatting with you all and making this lifestyle change happen. Thanks for all of the inspiration and accountability!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Sounds like lots of us are dealing with cold temps right now. Brrr! Thank goodness for my uber warm down coat! Yeesh!

A few people asked yesterday about my 5k - well, I finished it! I had been doing a learn to run clinic through our local Running Room and was running three times a week from October 17th to December 23rd. It's one of the reasons I phased off - running while on IP was doing crazy things to my body. By the time I got to doing the actual race it was harder than I thought it would be but I finished it in 45 minutes as was my goal and that was despite the fact that I walked a lot (the course was uphill the first half - sucked!!) and was carrying around a few more pounds than I'd started my running time with. But I did it and was super proud of myself for persevering and will take up running again when I'm done IP for good, probably in three months or so.

I won't miss running in the cold and snow, that's for sure! It was -8C on race day and though the sun was shining it was FREEZING!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #55  

And on the clothing thing, I got rid of all my big stuff. Gone. Poof. Gave it to some friends who were also at varying stages of losing weight and it felt good to be able to help them, as well. I never had any skinnies to try to fit into - I've been overweight since I was 12 - so didn't have that dilemma.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

For reasons unknown, I hopped on the scale this morning. I rarely get on the scale between WI but something today made me do it. Anyway the scale said 199!!! I had tears in my eyes seeing a 1 as the first number. Granted my "official" WI was yesterday and my scale is 2 pounds lighter than my coaches but still...the first number was a 1

Feeling run down, actually took a nap for an hour and I am not volunteering in my daughter's Kindergarten class this afternoon (I go in every Thursday) because I am not sure why I feel so yuck. Need motivation to get things done and start prepping for next semester so I am not chasing my tail!

I hope all the sick kiddos and moms feel better soon. Off to try to be productive.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #57  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Good day today so far! I started with a WI that was down 2.3 from last week, finally breaking the 150 barrier ) and then went out for two hour long dives. On the first one, a wall dive (where the wall goes down thousands of feet but we dove to about 110) we saw 4 reef sharks, one as soon as we got into the water. I love seeing them, and when one of them came right up to my DH and me toward the end of the dive I was kicking myself for taking the scooter on the dive and leaving my camera rig up on the boat. I know a lot of people are spooked by sharks, but they're really just curious for the most part and typically don't even come close enough for decent pictures.

Sounds like everyone here is doing pretty well in terms of holiday losses! I'll never understand the clueless coaches who accuse they clients of cheating! What are they thinking that they'd presume it's acceptable to be so condescending!?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Kileymed13 and bubbleblower congratulations to you both on your milestones!!!!! You both should feel so proud!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #59  

kiley, congrats on arriving at onederland!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
For reasons unknown, I hopped on the scale this morning. I rarely get on the scale between WI but something today made me do it. Anyway the scale said 199!!! I had tears in my eyes seeing a 1 as the first number. Granted my "official" WI was yesterday and my scale is 2 pounds lighter than my coaches but still...the first number was a 1

Feeling run down, actually took a nap for an hour and I am not volunteering in my daughter's Kindergarten class this afternoon (I go in every Thursday) because I am not sure why I feel so yuck. Need motivation to get things done and start prepping for next semester so I am not chasing my tail!

I hope all the sick kiddos and moms feel better soon. Off to try to be productive.
Way to go!!! I cannot wait to see that 1!!! Did you get my pm??
Closed Thread