Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #31  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
This is my first post of the New Year and I'm happy to say that I survived the holidays and was 100% OP. It feels really good to say that considering I started this journey just before the holidays and was fearful of the temptations.

So TOM has been hanging around now for TWO weeks and my face has broken out like I was 13 years old. My coach said yesterday it was the hormones being released from the fat. I love that the fat is leaving - good riddance - but hope TOM and pimples don't last for that long!

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there anything you can do to speed it along?

Yesterday was my week 5 weigh in and I lost 2.2 lbs which is the same as what I lost last week while TOM was here. I'm almost to the 20 lb mark. I have lost 2 pant sizes though! Crazy! I went to get dressed for work and my nice pants are just hanging on me. I had to put a belt on the pants just so it wouldn't fall down.
LOL those hormones get us every time Not much you can do, other than drink plenty of water to keep things flushing out - and the extra water will help your skin clear up just because hydration is good for it! I totally skipped TOM my first month on IP, then had it twice the second month. Things seem to have leveled out now, thank goodness!

Awesome job with the losses! Might be time to hit the secondhand store for some "in between" clothes!!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Morning, Everyone.

I am moving this post from yesterday's thread (I posted there by mistake).

I found this article interesting and wanted to share. It is about how "naturally thin" people stay that way. It is backed by a lot of great research.

http://www.realsimple.com/health/nut...int-index.html

Pup is still hanging in there, but continues to decline. I am still glad we brought her home. I am going to make a turkey today to see if she will eat any. When you are making a turkey on IP do you just baste it with broth and herbs? I didn't have time to brine it and Mom always used butter for that. (I don't have a ton of turkey cooking experience as DH is vegetarian, so there is not a lot of point in usually making one for the two of us.)

Both my husband and I have some work flexibility right now so we could both worth at home with her by our side. We really are lucky.

Food was 100% on plan yesterday, although the scale did not reward me this morning (TOM). I know the reason and that it will pass and I am not giving up and am staying on plan! Breakfast was 100% this morning as well. Thanks again for your support. I know I would not be staying on plan without all of you!

MonicaKolesnik, I hope you are feeling much better!

NewLady, great job staying on plan in the midst of the family crisis. Sending out prayers on your behalf.

Millertime, hope you have a great start to your program! I look forward to getting to know you.
Again, so sorry about pup!

When my Old English Sheepdog was in her last phase of life, she had OsteoSarcoma, she enjoyed white rice & chicken, I had to use a blender as her jaw was where the cancer started. So everyday before she went over the rainbow, she dined on it! Thinking of you, Bella
Old 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I will also say (futurechick) the moment that Hubby, the Vet and I thought that she was in pain, we made the decision to end it for her. It was a hard decision (always is), esp we had her brother and they were besties. The male, was heartbroken and his weight went down to 45 lbs, he was skin and bones, then the vet put him on valium and it picked up his appetite, be then took in a rescue shar-pei/boxer and he went on to live to the ripe old age of 14, which is great for an Old English. We lost our Bella (shar pei) 3 yrs ago and hubby has wanted another dog and I just can't go through it again, so very hearbreaking. I do miss having a dog in the house.

Conrats to all the weight losses over the holidays. Navymommy, I do remember you and it sounds like you have been super busy. Welcome back

Rainbow, hubby & I went to Vermont for the Vermont Quilt Show last year and it was fabulous, so very pretty. I went to the show & he fished and went to book stores. lol

We do this supper club thing each month and they are themed, well it is at someone elses house this month and the theme is "Breakfast for dinner" I won't torture you with what is on the menu. I was thinking of taking a crustless, spinach quiche, I know it has some cheese in it, but thought for one dinner it would be ok. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

FutureFitChick I am so gald you have time to spend with your baby, I am sending my thoughts your way.

LizRR I was just going to say I was proud of myself for getting out of bed and getting dressed this morning but wow!! 5:30am and a run mompattie said it best "Up at 5:30 AM to run!!! If you see me running at 5:30 AM, it's because I'm being chased by a bear! LOL! Way to go Lizzy!!!"

Mompattie I am so sorry your son is sick, hopefully the medications kick in and he does not have to miss out on the fun weekend plans!!

maezy1 Yes I am feeling better, as I am coughing it out. I still look scary as heck after 3 full days sick in bed, nose is all chapped and I look like a lizard!! Please let us know how the appointment goes!!!

Kay2012 Your positive attitude was just great!!!

Sammie12 5lbs wowza!!! congrats!

Psycht I am sure you are going to do great on alternatives!!

Peppertown I hope you are feeling better!!

I am also feeling better, enough to get my butt out of bed atleast and do somethings around this disaster I call a house. I just got my Nordic Naturals Omega 3 vitamins in and I must say they taste alot better then the bargain basement brand I could get around here (small town what you going to do). My Cat had to go to the vet yesterday and be put on antibiotics for a URTI and no she vomited this am due to the meds, so it has been fun in the house as usual...sigh. I will say weight wise each morning I weigh in I am about a pound down which has been very encouraging (yes I am a daily weigher). Soon I hope to be under 210 and then GASP maybe under 200!!!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-03-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #35  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderbug View Post
Really scared I am going to lose momentum and have a week where I don't lose or I gain. Still loving this diet.
This is exactly how I feel!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #36  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjah View Post
I am so impressed with everyone on this thread.

Thank you; your perserverance encourages me. I only have 10 pounds to go, but you know what everyone says about that last TEN!
awwww enjay.....YOU SO GOT THOSE LAST 10 POUNDS!!! I love love love your attitude when you say you "ONLY" have 10 pounds to go...such a great mentality that i have NO DOUBT that you will give those 10 pounds a real "pounding" Keep us posted on your success!!! HOW TOTALLY EXCITING TO BE ONLY 10 POUNDS FROM GOAL!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Haven't gotten a chance to read much over the last couple of weeks. Day 10 of "The Sickness" over here. Daughter has pink eye to top everything off. (Can anyone hear the worlds smallest violin playing????)

Almost out of veggie purees, so I REALLY need to get over this cold so I feel like cooking again. Have to say, my freezer stock of veggie purees has saved me over the last couple of weeks being sick. I wouldn't have been able to stay OP without them.

Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy new year! WE ARE WORTH IT!
WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!

hope you get well soon....this "crud" is clingy and just doesn't want to depart!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #37  

Cinderbug and Tziri I am just going to say from my experience with this diet, there does come a point where things seem to slow down, so be prepared. The true test of will comes from us trusting in the diet and continuing on despite the loss of momentum. If you follow the protocol it will work, and for me the momentum picked back up.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I was thinking the same thing!!!! LE sigh!! Up at 5:30 AM to run!!! If you see me running at 5:30 AM, it's because I'm being chased by a bear! LOL! Way to go Lizzy!!!

Had to laugh about this because I know you are not totally joking! We are having a heat wave here of just below zero. If it moves your way soon you and the bears can get some running in!

My little boy is sick again. :-(. LE sigh. He's been treated with inhaler and prednisone for a wicked cough (prob the bronchitis that I had!). Now he's fevered and headachy. We have plans for the weekend that include hotel and water sliding! Poor kid, I hope he perks up. They will be sooooo disappointed ifbwe cant go! :-(. Napping now with Tylenol on board. Back to the doctor we go.....we're becoming fixtures there.

That crud that seems to be going all over North America is so bad! I never get sick and this thing knocked me out for a whole month from late in November on till last week. I asked my doctor if he was getting tired of having patient after patient with the same thing.
I'm just wondering if you are planning to travel west for your watersliding adventure? I hope the little guy recovers and you can go.

Pat
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Haven't gotten a chance to read much over the last couple of weeks. Day 10 of "The Sickness" over here. Daughter has pink eye to top everything off. (Can anyone hear the worlds smallest violin playing????)

Almost out of veggie purees, so I REALLY need to get over this cold so I feel like cooking again. Have to say, my freezer stock of veggie purees has saved me over the last couple of weeks being sick. I wouldn't have been able to stay OP without them.

Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy new year! WE ARE WORTH IT!
This illness season has sucked big time!! I am so sorry for you and your family 10 days yikes! Love the puree stock pile idea, may have to do that myself for next time as it was much harder staying on plan when like you say you have no energy to cook. Hope you all get better soon (hope all of us get better soon ...cough..sneeze..hack)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Week 16 WI today, I'm down 2.4 lbs. it's a great way to start the new year! I'm half way to goal. I'm so excited for this new year. It holds so many possibilities. In the past, I've let may weight get in the way of living. Not any more, I feel more confident and ready to live each day to the fullest. I don't think I'll ever go back to being overweight. This just feels so good. Have a great day everyone!
Congrats on being halfway to goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good morning everyone Just went and wi down 5lbs which I am excited about . Lost what I had gained over the holidays & feel to be back on track.
I thought it was cold here this am 10 degrees on the water but Vermont has me beat.. Too cold for me. I hope everyone has a great day
Great weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycht View Post
Starting day 2 of IP using alternative products! Yesterday was pretty tough but I followed the advice on this board and toughed it out by drinking water everytime I wanted to eat. Ended up drinking 96 ounces by the end of the days :-P I have to say I woke up feeling more invigorated than I have in a long time!
Welcome and smart move, keep drinking water! Looking forward to reading about your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post

We do this supper club thing each month and they are themed, well it is at someone elses house this month and the theme is "Breakfast for dinner" I won't torture you with what is on the menu. I was thinking of taking a crustless, spinach quiche, I know it has some cheese in it, but thought for one dinner it would be ok. Does anyone have any other ideas?
There's a very low carb Bisquick mix called Carbquik. You can make many breakfast items with it. I have it and use it for my pancakes.

http://www6.netrition.com/tova_carbquik_page.html
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

WyoGirl82,
Get rid of them!!! Once you reach Phase 4 you'll know how to maintain and won't ever need them again!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #43  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Logically I know things will slow down, and I'm sure I'll get over it once the time comes. I'm just so amazed at where I am after 2 months; I really can't believe it sometimes! I also know the weeks where I gain (if it happens) are going to be hardest for me. I have a thyroid problem that was never kept under very good control until now so any weight gains are kinda scary.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Just Curious....do you all get rid of your fat clothes when they're too big or keep them? I'm thinking I really want to just donate all of them and get them out of my sight but the hubby says I should store them in the garage cuz clothes are expensive. I see his point witnessing 20+ years of my yoyo diets but I feel so confident that I'm going to see this diet through! On the other hand....something superstitious in me says if I get rid of all of them...then I'll fail and need them for sure. Stupid...I know but this has been a lifetime battle. Any thoughts???
I myself still have them (lots I did not know were so big on me till recently) but only because I have not washed and bag them to take them to be donated. I am getting rid of them because it is to easy to have them as a crutch to fall back on. If I have no fat cloths then if my current cloths start to not fit I have to do something about it. That is my thinking but you do what is best for you.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #45  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
(I don't have a coach and am doing IP mostly on alternatives. I have learned everything so far from 3fatchicks.com.)
i right there with you...never could afford to official join ip with a real coach...WUV....was my inspiration to "join" this protocol and she helped me so much when i was starting out!! then everyone else became my ROLE MODELS!!!! i have learned way way way more here than i could have ever learned from a coach at some dr's office.

EVERYONE HERE IS SO SUPPORTIVE AND KNOWLEDGEABLE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post

Well today is a BIG day in the recovery process. I get my itchy stitches out, find out if I can drive & find out when I go back to work (boy do I need structure!) I also start my more intense outpatient PT. I know that I will be so sore tonight but this time my motto will be "hurts so good"
Will report back after the dr. appt! Have a great IP day!
WOOHOOOO about gettign your stitches out....have a little sing along and BE HAPPY!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTdxMXKT4So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Rainbow Hope you are feeling better and all colorful again!
i'm bringing COLOR back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Week 16 WI today, I'm down 2.4 lbs. it's a great way to start the new year! I'm half way to goal. I'm so excited for this new year. It holds so many possibilities. In the past, I've let may weight get in the way of living. Not any more, I feel more confident and ready to live each day to the fullest. I don't think I'll ever go back to being overweight. This just feels so good. Have a great day everyone!
on losing 2.4 more pounds!! way to go!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Good morning everyone Just went and wi down 5lbs which I am excited about . Lost what I had gained over the holidays & feel to be back on track.
I thought it was cold here this am 10 degrees on the water but Vermont has me beat.. Too cold for me. I hope everyone has a great day
woah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!
le sigh....i miss vermont already!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Question: what does LE sigh mean? (Why the LE?)

Thanks for the reminder of all the things to do with broth!
heeheee LE sigh..... le sigh is just a saying i use like a catch phrase that pepe le pew used to utter all the time in cartoons!!!.......when i need to sigh...but want it to have a bigger impact!!....as in "LE" SIGH....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gv3ADNVJdU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Hope you can see my ticker at the bottom. If not, don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Feel much better today Had strep throat! That hurts like h*ll!!!

Going for my WI this afternoon. Wish me luck!!!! If my ticker is there, I hope to change it!!!
well done on your ticker!! and i know what you mean about a scratchy throat, last night i felt like i was swallowing broken glass...but i feel a little better today....keep drinking the green tea!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycht View Post
Starting day 2 of IP using alternative products! Yesterday was pretty tough but I followed the advice on this board and toughed it out by drinking water everytime I wanted to eat. Ended up drinking 96 ounces by the end of the days :-P I have to say I woke up feeling more invigorated than I have in a long time!
way to go on staying the course!! keep it up! YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Rainbow, hubby & I went to Vermont for the Vermont Quilt Show last year and it was fabulous, so very pretty. I went to the show & he fished and went to book stores. lol
Ooooo that would be a great trip!! i truly loved vermont and hope to go again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post

I am also feeling better, enough to get my butt out of bed atleast and do somethings around this disaster I call a house. I will say weight wise each morning I weigh in I am about a pound down which has been very encouraging (yes I am a daily weigher). Soon I hope to be under 210 and then GASP maybe under 200!!!
so glad you are feeling better!!! and omg...LOOK AT YOU....200 in sight...YOU GOT THIS GF!! and we are gonna celebrate when you get to OneDERLAND!!!!!!!!!! how WONDERFUL!!!
Closed Thread