Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #31  

I like my coach at my clinic when I see her but I haven't seen her in a while because of all the stuff going on with my knee. Ive emailed her a few times but got no response. I decided to stay with the clinic becuz of phase 2,3,4 - not that I'm anywhere near that - but I have no idea how to handle those phases. i spend maybe 10 minutes with her at the most. She is an a trainer from the workout part of the center who sees patients sometimes. She thinks my goal weight is too low. I told ehr that this is where my dr would like me to be. She and I are almost the same weight now and we are the same height
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

My first time around with IP I adored my coach. The clinic started to get a lot of business and changed locations and hired more people. Once they were in the new location I rarely, if ever, saw my original coach. They hired a main girl and I basically would walk in, get weighed, occasionally measured and would pick up my food. Rarely any interaction beyond that. The owner supposedly was super gung-ho IP and would lecture and be judgemental for any slip ups (I planned a cheat because I was going on vacation and would not have the right things available to me where I was. I still ate very healthily and gained only a pound.). Turns out, she had gone on vacation a few months prior and gained 8 lbs while off protocol. Not only that, but my mom went to weigh in one day and she was eating a double cheeseburger and fries. Really?! Pot and kettle! The environment was very different at that point. Maybe it has changed and they were knowledgable, but it left a bad taste in my mouth after that. It all seemed to just be about money, with very little personal help anymore. I've been doing IP alone for almost two weeks and I've found that I still feel just as accountable to myself as I did walking into the clinic.

Last edited by BrittStar027; 01-12-2013 at 09:58 PM.
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #33  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

My first round on IP last year ended in disaster b/c my coach sucked. It was a MD office and they were only in it for the money. I spent more time listening to the medical assistant (aka coach) complain about her issues than she ever did any coaching. I quit going there, bought IP food online and tried to do it on my own. I couldn't. I needed the accountability of weighing in with someone. I gained everything I lost plus some.

Here I am 6 days into round 2 of IP. I found another coach after much searching and really liked their office. It is two ladies and they only do IP. My first meeting and weigh in was informative and I learned a ton from them. I'm excited to weigh in tomorrow morning. I know I need the accountability at this point in my (very short) journey so far.
mommyIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
My first round on IP last year ended in disaster b/c my coach sucked. It was a MD office and they were only in it for the money. I spent more time listening to the medical assistant (aka coach) complain about her issues than she ever did any coaching. I quit going there, bought IP food online and tried to do it on my own. I couldn't. I needed the accountability of weighing in with someone. I gained everything I lost plus some.

Here I am 6 days into round 2 of IP. I found another coach after much searching and really liked their office. It is two ladies and they only do IP. My first meeting and weigh in was informative and I learned a ton from them. I'm excited to weigh in tomorrow morning. I know I need the accountability at this point in my (very short) journey so far.
It's important that you found a clinic that will provide you with the individual type of support that you require for success. It's impressive that you know what it is you need to be successful (formal WI and in person coaching). Also this website in particular is rich in helpful information and wonderful, supportive people. Stay close to 3FC and stay OP! Looking forward to reading about your success!

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-13-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #35  

Only 1 clinic in town (lucky to have the one, I guess)

My coach worked another job full-time and did IP Tues eves for a few hours and Sat morning for a few hours. Like BrittStar, I basically would walk in, get weighed, occasionally measured and would pick up my food. Rarely any interaction beyond that. Sometimes she didn't even meet me there -- sent her "significant other" to basically give my order and take my money, as he didn't do weighing or measuring...

After several mis-steps (she forgot my appt times, told me she had my items then when I got there she didn't have them, problems with her scale and office set-up, etc)... I finally decided to forego the coach and do the program on my own.
SassyGirl424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 347/ticker/200

Height: 5 6

I am not impressed with the way my coach treats me. I remember being scolded because I used too much walden farms dressing one week! However without the weigh in and measuring I would have given up weeks ago. When she asks me for before and after pics and a testimonial that is when her level of service will haunt her. Because she is not going above and beyond for me I will return the favour at that time.
Engrid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #37  

Hello All!

Not to sound harsh, but you (IP clients) should all have a knowledgable coach that should, well, COACH. Why pay close to $400 a month to get weighed, measured and cya later? I would expect more then that, epecially when you are paying a "premium".

It just boggles my mine. If IP lowered their costs I think more people would go to these clinics. I just can not afford to go to IP with 2 mortgages, and car payments, that's why I chose alternative. It seems like most people here on this forum have good luck with the alternative plan and it's so much cheaper.
brunette8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 215/178/150

Height: 5'10"

I got discouraged with my clinic. I really liked my coach. He was insightful, helpful and encouraging. But during the process of relocating his practice I would have to see his wife. Not even the same. I too felt I was being schooled at each appointment, even though I was loosing. I started dreading the appointments and eventually stopped going altogether. I 40# but have gained 30 back over two years. Tomorrow I start back on the program. I am using Ideal To Go. I live 1.5 hours from the nearest clinic so it was a good fit for me. I will keep you posted on how that is working.
2Balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I had a coach in 2010 when I first went on IP and she was great (an ND), but it was way too expensive. I was so delighted to find this site and Plain Protein, so now I order online and follow protocol sheets and weigh/measure myself. This board makes it possible to do this without a coach for me. Everyone has differing needs.
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 286/178/186

Height: 5'11

Default meh coach

I'm pretty much ready to quit going to my coach. It was fine at first but honestly, I'm getting my knowledge from the internet community at this point. I email my coach and dietician about things and in some cases, their answers are just wrong. They were great for an initial source of information but frankly, I don't trust them to be knowledgeable at this point. And since I've got good results, I could probably just be buying the food online at this point and save myself the trip.

My coach is a nice lady though, and she knows that even though I ask from time to time, I'm doing my own thing, so I'm just there to get measured and see what crazy reading I get on the fat% reading this week. (Seems to change drastically every week.) Now that I have a scale that gives me that, I'm seriously questioning why I'm going at all.
Conine is offline   Reply With Quote