3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Starting over on IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/272259-starting-over-ip.html)

newlady 01-01-2013 04:44 AM

Starting over on IP

I started IP at the end of August and stayed 100 percent until Thanksgiving. Since then off on off on. A lot of emotional things going on in my life so many hurts and food has become my best. This is the first of the year and I'm going to get back on the wagon. I'm so disappointed in myself so I really do not need any tongue bashing. I need advice how to start over. Please will someone please help me. I've only gained 4lbs back I want to get started before I really loose control. Thanks for any help you can give. Dealing with a daughter on drugs made me know we all have our demons big and small.

kileymed13 01-01-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newlady (Post 4570062)
I started IP at the end of August and stayed 100 percent until Thanksgiving. Since then off on off on. A lot of emotional things going on in my life so many hurts and food has become my best. This is the first of the year and I'm going to get back on the wagon. I'm so disappointed in myself so I really do not need any tongue bashing. I need advice how to start over. Please will someone please help me. I've only gained 4lbs back I want to get started before I really loose control. Thanks for any help you can give. Dealing with a daughter on drugs made me know we all have our demons big and small.

Welcome back. You came here which is a great step in the right direction. I find I do much better when I check in here at least once a day and sometimes many more. Even if I just have a few minutes I will come here with a cup fo tea and it has kept me away from many temptations.

The support on here cannot be beat. When you need tough love you get it, when you need support and answers you get them. Best of luck with your restart.

Willi 01-01-2013 08:38 AM

Forget about 2012, this is a new year! Be proud that you have the strength to come back to the forum and ask for help.

Can you determine what triggers get you off IP? Are some avoidable? (I know you had a rough year but looking back might help you go forward). Read the forum as often as you can. I do find it inspirational.

Hope your daughter is doing better.

Nolawhodatchick 01-01-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Hey Newlady! You are doing great, look at how much you accomplished and how far you have made it on this diet. Life handed you one of the ultimate stressors, and still you are back here in almost no time, making wise and loving choices for yourself (and therefore, for your family) by getting the support you need to deal with it in a healthy way. I would never tongue-bash that. I admire you for your dedication, courage, and desire to deal with this in a healthy way instead of reverting back to old habits that would be easy to fall back to for comfort in troubling times. I ditto what Monica said. Here is how I think you do this: one day at a time. Which means come here every day for your dose of inspiration, encouragement, sharing in your victories, sharing your stresses, etc... Daily support is so critical when life hands you this kind of stress. The folks here will lift you up and get you through these difficult times. They will celebrate with you and laugh with you and cry with you. Since life has handed you a lot right now, maybe make a few buddies you can IM. Everyone here is rooting for you and wants to help you through this! God bless and prayers for you and your daughter. :hug: :hug: :hug:

patns 01-01-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Actually I think you have done incredibly well, going through such stress and catching yourself at only 4 pounds up. As for getting back on track, you know how to do it. No matter what other issues we are dealing with it is the same physical difficulties with the detoxing in the first days. But this is a great time of year to be restarting when the rest of the world realizes they need to cut back too.

I am sorry that you are going through such a very hard time. But the sad reality is we really have control over our own health. As much as we want the best for our loved ones we ultimately cannot make the big decisions for them.
Good luck!

Pat