New Year's Thoughts

• Just wanted to open a thread for the New Year!

I usually spend some time reflecting on the year and setting goals for the coming year.

In 2012, my annual goal to "Lose Weight" really came true! This morning I looked in the mirror as I donned my brand new size S shirt and size 12 pants and I just about cried. What an amazing 6 months this has been on IP!

So I am so thankful that I did this and persisted! 60 pounds lighter than last New Year's Eve!

My physical body goal for this year: Lose the remaining 12 pounds and discover my own healthy, balanced eating pattern after I phase off of IP the correct way. I will then maintain this weight successfully throughout 2013 and beyond, incorporating an easy, enjoyable exercise plan into my life.

Of course, I had other personal goals for the year, professional and familial (including a brand-new, healthy grandson!) but somehow finally tackling this weight issue will influence every area of my life. I just feel so different about myself! It's not only the new body image (and fun wardrobe) but it's the knowledge that I began something and stuck to it.

I am so grateful for this forum and the wonderful support here.
    I wish you all a happy, healthy, New Year!

Peace on earth! By working on ourselves, we influence the world in a positive and wondrous way!

• Happy New Year Sharon! We were reflecting and posting at the same time. I posted this on the 100% thread and will post here too.

I am reflecting on my year and even though we are having some tough financial issues right now, I am so grateful to be going into 2013 with a roof over my head, WONDERFUL children whom I love and cherish more than ANYTHING, a sweet hubby, supportive family and NOT BEING OBESE OR OVERWEIGHT!!!! This is a first for me since early childhood. I am also thankful I have the opportunity to return to school with the support of my family. A big THANK YOU to all of the 3fc peeps! You all are AMAZING!
    Celebrations tonight will be board games and wii with the kids. Our foster son is home with us and super excited to have his new wheelchair, which is green and a new iPod, also green!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!
  • Quote:

Peace on earth! By working on ourselves, we influence the world in a positive and wondrous way!

What a wonderful thought and way to start out 2013. Although I am 5 days on IP, the losing weight is great, but I'm going to focus on getting healthy. I tried 2012 when I turned 50 and it took until the end of the year for me to do something about it.

So here's to being healthy in 2013!
    Happy New Year to all!
  • Joysh, Hgamroth, what an amazing transformation! You both look awesome! Congratulations on your success.

AAAmom, things sometimes can't seem to happen until the time is right for them, and then they seem to go effortlessly. This will be the year for that!

Last year was pretty good for me, I've learned to love myself more; for the year ahead I want to lose weight, and really get a hang of this "taking care of myself".

Happy New Year to everyone!
  • Quote:

What a beautiful sentiment!!! 2012 was rocky for us, illness and change but things are improving so I am looking forward to a new year. I can't wait to buy some new much smaller clothes!!

I HOPE, want to do some kind of fun 3k, like the Mud Run or Dirty Girl Dash. Get back on my bike.

I am praying, most of all we get to go to Ireland to see my husband's family. We haven't gone since my daughter was 5mths old and my in-laws are not in the best of health.

I am totally thankful for the help and support from scorbett (who has also dealt with a few of my temper tantrums) and the help and support and new friendships I have found on 3FC.

((((HUGS)))) to you all!!!
  • Joysh & Hgamroth[ what wonderful pics and stories. Like the both of you I hope to learn to finally eat correctly and it is all becoming clearer as I lose the weight. My goal was to lose 50lbs by the end of 2012 and I did it. I am within 10 lbs of going from obese to overweight and that is my next goal. 2012 was not a good year for me, in fact possibly the toughest one of my life so I am even prouder of meeting my goal. 2013 has so much to offer me and I am wide open to all I have to learn
  • I love how positive we all are. Succeeding in or weightloss goals sure helps with the positivity. Reflecting on the past year I realized how grateful for all I have at such a young age. I am married for 9 years to a wonderful man, I have a career I love. Everything I have I worked hard for and now I have finally realized it is worth taking the time for MYSELF. As we all go I to the new year I hope for happiness and health for all of you.
  • “We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.” Winston Churchill to the House of Commons, June 4, 1940

FLAG NOR FAIL is my 2013 mantra. I heard this from a small company who makes workout clothing, it's their slogan. I SHALL NOT FLY MY FLAG IN SURRENDER, NOR SHALL I FAIL. 2013 is my year! I will reach goal. I will become healthier with each passing day. I will make good choices. Today is a fresh new day to stay 100%.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my dear Ipeeps!!! Wishing you the best of everything in 2013 and may all your resolutions be realized!