Ketosis - how do you know?

• I am just really curious - how do you know if you are in ketosis and how do you stay in it?
  • Quote: I am just really curious - how do you know if you are in ketosis and how do you stay in it?
    Eat what is on the page & after 3-5 days (when withdrawal symptoms subside) you're in. Continue to follow protocol on P1 & you stay in.

No brainer
  • Now that is easy enough! Here I thought there was some complicated formula

Thanks!
  • I can tell because there's a funny taste in my mouth. Almost metallic tasting. Then, I'll test with a ketostick and sure enough, I am in ketosis.
  • Sometimes there are "symptoms" of ketosis - metallic mouth, bad breath, I got a "fuzzy" feeling in my mouth, no matter how much I brushed my teeth my mouth felt gross. Eventually your body adjusts and the symptoms lessen or go away. Most importantly, you know you're in ketosis when you aren't hungry anymore!

Don't rely too much on the ketostix though - they are highly unreliable if you are drinking as much water as you should be (which will dilute any ketones in your urine), there should never be enough ketones in your urine to put the stick in the dark range of color.
  • Kat117: 2nding what Scorbett said. Stick to the sheet and don't waste your $$ on ketostix. Highly unreliable