Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #76  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
At the bottom of the box with the post, you'll see little quotation marks. Click those on each post, then hit reply. Many of us shorten the quotes to just the point being commented on.
Thanks!

On another note, I just got back from what could have been the worst dinner for staying OP, if not for a very supportive/cooperative waitress. We went to an Italian restaurant that literally had nothing simple, everything had sauces, pasta, potatoes, heavy oil or cheese. They did, however, have fresh wahoo and snapper, although each came with lots of accompaniments and sauces I couldn't have. I explained that I was on a restricted diet and asked for the wahoo grilled simply with spices along with plain steamed broccoli. Everything came exactly as I requested, and I know I got up from the table at the end a lot more comfortable than everyone else! (They had an assortment of garlic knots, seasoned bread with pesto and fresh garlic cloves, chicken Parmesan and pasta, spaghetti and meatballs, and seafood pasta along with Chianti. The waitress also did great at keeping my water glass full!) This was the last dinner with my son and his fiance here; now the only challenge left is New Year's Eve, but the chef is a friend and I've already given him a heads up.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #77  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Wow! Congrats!!!
Thanks!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in the daily for awhile. It's always late when I am able to get on and everyone is in bed!

I made my goal on Wednesday with a 3.8 loss over Christmas week. 102 lbs in 8 months. Can't believe it but it has been the easiest diet I have ever done. And I feel like I really know how to keep it off this time with having phase one to go back to. I never cheated in 7 months and and the last month was just a couple glasses of wine since I was close to goal. I wanted to stay on phase 1 through the Holidays to stay away from temptations which worked! So newbies, stick with the program, it works! If you click on my name you can see my before and after on my profile.
WOO WOO Congrats!!!! You look amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I actually went through her recipes yesterday and picked out some that I would try. They all seem to have celery (which I despise), so I am sure to leave that out...even the smell of it...yuck.....LOL I put it up there with curry
I 'tolerate' celery in small doses. Can you freeze celery and/or the purees??

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 12-28-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #79  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Thanks!

On another note, I just got back from what could have been the worst dinner for staying OP, if not for a very supportive/cooperative waitress. We went to an Italian restaurant that literally had nothing simple, everything had sauces, pasta, potatoes, heavy oil or cheese. They did, however, have fresh wahoo and snapper, although each came with lots of accompaniments and sauces I couldn't have. I explained that I was on a restricted diet and asked for the wahoo grilled simply with spices along with plain steamed broccoli. Everything came exactly as I requested, and I know I got up from the table at the end a lot more comfortable than everyone else! (They had an assortment of garlic knots, seasoned bread with pesto and fresh garlic cloves, chicken Parmesan and pasta, spaghetti and meatballs, and seafood pasta along with Chianti. The waitress also did great at keeping my water glass full!) This was the last dinner with my son and his fiance here; now the only challenge left is New Year's Eve, but the chef is a friend and I've already given him a heads up.
Awesome job!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
It has been a while since I have been on here. Proud to say that I did not cheat over the holidays and lost 2.5lbs while on vacation this week for Christmas. The problem is that now I have a huge urge to cheat. I almost feel like I should have just taken Christmas day and gone back to phase I the next. I have lost over 50lbs but, still have 30-40 more to go. I have one voice in my head telling me that I have worked hard and deserve it and another asking if I could stop at just one day. lol
For those of you that have been doing this a long time, how do you feel about this? Did you get to a point when you took a break for a day or do you think that it would just be taking a huge step back?
Don't do it. Every crack in your resolve to lose the weight is harmful. Put yourself first, stay OP, the food will be there when you get to your free day on maintenance.

The best thing you can do is be 100% OP.
Chloe
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Just checking in at the end of the day. Bad thing about checking in so late is there are so many posts you want to respond too! So in short, congratulations to all who made their goals and mini-goals today! Congrats to all those who stayed OP through tempting times or times when IP food was scarce in the holidays! And for any who fell off IP 100%, that's ok, just hop back on...it's about to be a New Year! And for all of you up to your ears in snow, stay warm and safe! And bubbleblower, I loved your turtle pic. yesterday!

Thanks again for all the advice yesterday on my hypoglycemia/low energy situation. I've decided to stay in ketosis and try adding a little more protein powder (casein, slow digesting). It sound like it might work. If it doesn't, I'll try another tweak, I got so many good ideas and suggestions for tweaks. I likeI feel like I learned so much yesterday from everyone.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #82  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy folks! I am starting to feel human again - my last run was on Christmas Eve, then not only did I start with the coughing, hacking, congestion - but then we got sleet, ice, & snow on Christmas Day! Of course, us Texans are totally not prepared for a white Christmas so the sidewalks finally got cleared up today, but I was in no shape to head outside anyways.

My family was here this week, it was great having them here - but I am looking forward to getting my routine back. The fridge is stocked with veggies and I did a perfect Phase 1 day today. I am still on the high end of my safe zone - I did dip down on the lower end, but then I must admit I didn't make the wisest choices. I didn't go 'hog wild' - but my choices could have definitely been better. Now that I am feeling more like myself looking forward to getting back in the kitchen!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 202/149/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I've had pretty good luck at Starbucks with decaf Americanos (no or just a splash of skim) with sugar free vanilla/hazelnut/caramel/cinnamon dolce, herbal teas, a bottle of San pelligrino mixed with a sugar free syrup, or the turkey bacon and eggs sandwich (no bread, not cheese) for my dinner protein. Or just decaf black coffee.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in the daily for awhile. It's always late when I am able to get on and everyone is in bed!

I made my goal on Wednesday with a 3.8 loss over Christmas week. 102 lbs in 8 months. Can't believe it but it has been the easiest diet I have ever done. And I feel like I really know how to keep it off this time with having phase one to go back to. I never cheated in 7 months and and the last month was just a couple glasses of wine since I was close to goal. I wanted to stay on phase 1 through the Holidays to stay away from temptations which worked! So newbies, stick with the program, it works! If you click on my name you can see my before and after on my profile.
Wow! Congrats to you, your pics are incrdible!
Closed Thread