Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone! My home scale did say 199 but the clinic scale was 200 so I had to go with the "official" number lol
Old 12-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello all just had my WI and I am only 1# from goal in only 8 weeks (39# & 22.5" gone)!!! I never thought I would see myself at this weight again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the ideas and support I have seen. Now onto planning for phase 3 starting next week.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Good morning! I have really been missing my Starbucks but I think I figured out something totally Phase 1 legal...I am a strict no cheater...does this sound OK to those of you more experienced?

Am americano with an inch of FF milk and SF vanilla flavor?
Ohhhh, that sounds great! I got a Starbucks gift card for Christmas and was wondering if I would be able to use it on something yummier than black coffee. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

----------------------------------------

Had a great day yesterday. Had my weigh-in and dedicated more than ever to the program. Continue to resist the temptations that are around everywhere! Never noticed them so much before, because I don't think I ever tried resisting them in the past, hence the weight! I am trying not to watch the food network as much, it makes me hungry!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasamsdad View Post
Hello all just had my WI and I am only 1# from goal in only 8 weeks (39# & 22.5" gone)!!! I never thought I would see myself at this weight again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the ideas and support I have seen. Now onto planning for phase 3 starting next week.
Amazing, congratulations!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #20  

Quote:
Wow, congratulations!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Thanks everyone! My home scale did say 199 but the clinic scale was 200 so I had to go with the "official" number lol
Darn, sooooo close! Next week!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Congrats on making it, that is fabulous.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #23  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Great job! You should be proud of yourself!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #24  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Good morning! I have really been missing my Starbucks but I think I figured out something totally Phase 1 legal...I am a strict no cheater...does this sound OK to those of you more experienced?

Am americano with an inch of FF milk and SF vanilla flavor?
Depends on what size, I'd say maybe if you order a short (8oz) americano....1" of fat free milk seems like more than the allowed 1 oz even in a tall. You can try an espresso machiatto. That is just espresso with only the foam from the steamed milk.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 222.4/197.4/130

Height: 5'.0"

Smile Introduction

I have just completed my 2 week on IP. Love this diet. I have lost 18.5 lbs. So excited to see what happens next week.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #26  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

WI yesterday, lost 1.5 pounds over Christmas.. So excited.. looking to be out of the 180's soon. Maybe next week...
Old 12-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #27  
Reboot: 01/01/15

S/C/G: 167 / 151.0 / 125

Height: 5'3"

Complete lurker here, everyone! It's funny how I feel like I know so many of you as I read and re-read old threads.

I'm heading out this morning to the city to celebrate the holidays with my husband's family. This will be the first time on IP out of my comfort zone/home/kitchen so I'm a bit nervous. I have been mostly 100% OP since starting on 12/1/12, but have had a few slip ups. I am feeling pretty prepared, but hope that I can really stick with it. I'm not sharing this diet with anyone, but have told my MIL that I'm grain-, sugar-, and starch-free right now. We are a healthy vegetarian family that has been moving away from gluten recently, so diet variations are the norm with us. I don't feel like I'll get a lot of odd looks about my food choices. Being vegetarian does make things more difficult with choosing protein choices outside of your own home, but I know I can do it!

Have a fantastic Friday! My laptop is coming with me, so I'll be checking in when I can. Now we are off to get some snowboarding in on the way out of town. I LOVE having a season pass at the resort on the only mountain pass out of town!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

I met another goal this morning, which feels great. I am trying to decide where I want to set the next one. I do a lot better when thinking I don't have that far left to go to reach my goal (rather than trying to think about the end of the rainbow -- meaning pot of goal, not RainbowSmiles ).

Food yesterday and at breakfast was OP. My husband was awesome and made me an OP dinner even when he did not want to eat so that I could keep getting work done. I made it through a ton of research papers yesterday, which felt great. (I was only able to get through them all because I DID NOT read every page. I am still learning like that I am allowed to do that and not ready every word. It still feels like I am cheating at times and that I will miss that one nugget of information that will be the key to the big picture.) Today will be all writing right after I finish my posts.

usmcvet, that happened to us on the 26th. It was tough coming home to an empty house after being with my mom's side of the family for several days. (Kids screaming, TV blaring, people yelling... Fun chaos.) Then our trip 1 hour away got derailed by being fearful we would not be able to get back home safely that night. I was really (and unexpectedly sad).

Sammie, glad you get to barracade yourself indoors away from the snow.

Fishette, sounds like a fun time with your granddaughter. I remember when I was 5 and got my ears pierced. My mom was afraid it would hurt me too much and I promised I would not get hurt. I remember sitting on the chair with this giant smile plastered on my face and tears running from my eyes when they finally pulled the trigger! Ha Ha!!

Willie, great job for surviving the holidays and good luck at the WI.

LoriKay, so, fluffy snow is drier?

IdealProteinNewbie, congrats on the WI! I just got o Onderland and it is really great being here.

GreenIris, hope you have a fantastic day!

Chloe, good luck on the strict plan. I haven't tried that yet.

ShanCo, that sounds great. I was resifted an espresso maker last summer. I just make my IP shake as a latte everyday, sometimes adding in a SF syrup. I love it!

MrsKuby, hang in there with the IP sweets. It took me a while to adapt as well and I just had to keep focusing on the fact that this was a short term adaptation. I really hope you feel better tonight!

BubbleBlower, hope you get your kids off OK. On our October trip, my gear seemed really taxing to move around too. I felt silly, because I had already lost that much weight, but I am not exercising much outside of walking at work. So, my guess was I really wasn't used to hauling large amounts of weight around.

Sonyaiva, hope your headache gets better ASAP. Get some rest!

Kasamsdad, congratulations! That is great news!

Cinderbug, that is really great! Congratulations.

MissDee18, great job!

KLD81230, good luck on your trip. I was in a very similar situation over Thanksgiving at my Grandfather-in-laws. DH is a lactose-intolerant vegetarian and I was not sharing with my MIL (who is clinically anorexic) that I was dieting. It wasn't all smooth sailing, but I probably feared the situation more than I needed to. Keep us posted how it is join!

Last edited by FutureFitChick; 12-28-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #29  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Day 3 back on the program and I had the courage to weigh myself after the holidays...up to 166 from 164 so that's not too bad...guess I didn't do as bad as I thought Feeling the symtoms of ketosis now...headache and a bit hungry but it's not too bad, nothing tylenol can't fix and lettuce Hope everyone has a great day today
Old 12-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #30  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
I met another goal this morning, which feels great. I am trying to decide where I want to set the next one. I do a lot better when thinking I don't have that far left to go to reach my goal (rather than trying to think about the end of the rainbow -- meaning pot of goal, not RainbowSmiles ).
I may have to start doing that. Even though I don't have that much to lose compared to some folks here, it's still overwhelming sometimes when I think about the fact that I've still got a long way to go. The Valentine's challenge will basically put me at goal weight, so I really do need something shorter term in between. Maybe I can use just getting to the halfway point as a mini-goal ...

Quote:
BubbleBlower, hope you get your kids off OK. On our October trip, my gear seemed really taxing to move around too. I felt silly, because I had already lost that much weight, but I am not exercising much outside of walking at work. So, my guess was I really wasn't used to hauling large amounts of weight around.
I keep watching the weather at home to see if there's anything that might affect their flight ... Better to know beforehand than upon arrival at the airport for an early flight! And yeah, my thighs and arms hurt, more from lugging gear than the diving! I also had a harder time coming up the steps on the boat ladder with all the gear on my back! Luckily I don't dive with much adding weight, but still ... I should be good to go after a couple of lazy days.
Closed Thread