Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

I too have had a setback I read the forums everyday, but feel so frustrated. Thank you for sharing. You're post has given me renewed hope that I can figure this out and get back on track with IP. Good luck to you!
pianonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #17  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

What threw you off track? The holidays?
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #18  

I lost 40 lbs. on IP last year. My parent died earlier this year and I got off the program and gained it all back. Finally got myself mentally ready to get back on IP again. Just started last Saturday and down 4 lbs. already.

There's nothing wrong with you, life happens.
newbie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #19  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

You guys are SO great. So much amazing advice and positive energy here that I can't wait to read it everyday.
Update: my husband is going to try to do this with me!! He's likely going to be less compliant but he doesn't have more than 10 lbs to lose.
Thank you for all your loving words ❤❤❤❤
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post

And yes, it is helpful to analyze "what's wrong" but no more "what's wrong with me".
You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for this inspiration. I am printing it and putting it on my fridge, and cupboard. When I feel myself being tempted..."what is wrong" makes me think, big time!
mom2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #21  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2hi View Post
You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for this inspiration. I am printing it and putting it on my fridge, and cupboard. When I feel myself being tempted..."what is wrong" makes me think, big time!
Oh my gosh...I just read this now, reading what you wrote gave me goosebumps! LOL Awww I'm speechless
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I think something probably is wrong, but it's not your fault. Sounds like you are beating yourself up over it, and you have to STOP that immediately. Saying that it is your fault is such a twisted self-hurting thing that I (and probably a lot of us here) have done for so long. You need to change that and have only loving, compassionate thoughts about yourself and about everything you do/not do.

One thing that is most likely "wrong" is that you triggered insulin spike and believe me nobody can fight that, it's a super strong force; how do you think we got to be so obese? None of us loved how our bodies were starting to look like as we were gaining and gaining, but no one could stop. The only way to beat this thing into submission is to take a few days aside, and calm your insulin down...the hard few days, yes, and maybe it will be 10 days, but that's what you got to do and then there will be no need to cheat any more, regardless of what your other feelings are. And like everyone pointed out, each and every time you feel down, this place will cheer you right back up.

And yes, it is helpful to analyze "what's wrong" but no more "what's wrong with me".

I see so many posts on different threads about "slip-ups" (I had one on Christmas Day). This reply really resonated with me. Especially the part about the insulin spike and how that is so difficult to overcome. We have all blamed ourselves for so long and beat ourselves up. I really like thinking about this as a "body" reaction and not a mental defect. It does make so much sense, but also means that I will have change forever how I approach food. Thank you so much for the advice and kind words. I hope that I will be able to move forward with myself in such a kind and loving way

Last edited by gazelle; 12-31-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: left out a word
gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #23  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
I see so many posts on different threads about "slip-ups" (I had one on Christmas Day). This reply really resonated with me. Especially the part about the insulin spike and how that is so difficult to overcome. We have all blamed ourselves for so long and beat ourselves up. I really like thinking about this as a "body" reaction and not a mental defect. It does make so much sense, but also means that I will have change forever how I approach food. Thank you so much for the advice and kind words. I hope that I will be able to move forward with myself in such a kind and loving way
Thank you! It's like I finally understood what it means to say, "it's hormonal". Insulin is a hormone...

As far as being kind and loving to yourself, it was a hard and long lesson for me...I'm still having a lot of "slip ups" when I think negatively about myself, it is not an easy or quick change. Often those negative judgments about ourselves masquerade as "I'm just being realistic", but often they are not accurate at all; and even when they happen to be, who cares! We really do gotta love ourselves, warts and all. Even having a "mental defect" - if we do, which is questionable, but for the sake of argument, lets say we do - it is not a reason not to embrace it as a part of ourselves. We can leave it be, or deal with it lovingly, not by trying to beat it out of us.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 208/202/170

Height: 5'8

I am in a similar boat. I did the program, and got 50 lbs lost and wanted to lose another 10 but didnt due to money, etc. I tried to do the program on my own primarily and just cheat one day a week...bad idea. I think you can do the program in many ways on your own, once you learn all the methods and practices, to-do's and to-don't's. BUT, cheating one day a week was a bad idea for me. I have fallen completely off the wagon and gained 15 lbs back and hating my body and how I feel again. It has AMAZED me how fast and relentless the sugar/carb cravings come back. One drink, one or two bad meals, and your body is HOOKED again! Its like an addiction! It has opened my eyes for sure.
I am feeling exactly how you are...whats wrong with me that I'd do that again after swearing to myself I wouldnt go back there. But everyone is right, we make mistakes we are human. Our willpower has simply GOT to be stronger! Our belief in ourselves and what we want for ourselves is a bigger power! What matters is what you choose to do now to correct it. Just gotta buckle down and refocus again. I will be thinking of you as I do the same and get back on track. GOod luck!
sassysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #25  

Quote:
Thank you! It's like I finally understood what it means to say, "it's hormonal". Insulin is a hormone...
So are Leptin, Ghrelin, and cortisol. And they all have huge influences on weight loss!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #26  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

How are you feeling? Any better?
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote