Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
scuba diving is something i would absolutely LOVE to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna in 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
2013 plan of action is to begin light exercise 4x a week. I can build up from there. I need to start doing something other than being the desk/couch potato I have been for years. It may slow the weight loss, but it should help the body shape. I know it will help my self image, stress levels, and outlook. Okay I know I've been saying/planning this for awhile, but I'm officially starting tomorrow.
Your pic is great!
I'll be joining you adding exercise. I won't be home for the wii fit til Sunday but I can start w/ my PT regimine to get the hip back in shape...
Tomorrow it is!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Welcome Karenbf! You are doing great.

Well All, I maybe late for the Proti-Thin Fusilli or the IP noodle bus, but I finally got on board. I made a wonderful chicken noodle soup today with my little packet of noodles. I used bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic powder, some chicken and some sharachi sauce too. My version of pho I suppose. The noodles were pretty firm (I probably didn't cook them quite enough) when the soup came off the stove, but by the time it cooled they were perfect. I was originally going to share my soup with DH and DS, but I decided instead to keep my noodles all for me (they would not have been as thrilled with them as I was - I've been without the real deal for so long). I made them their own pot of soup with lots of their normal noodles. Noodle.. it's a fun word to say out loud three times - go ahead, you know you want to

Hey - following some of the lovely Susan's lead - here's a photo of me at La Conner WA
Sporting the new glasses and my near black nail polish. They were out of black :-(
Great photo, you really look so happy and healthy, and I'm going to increase my exercise as well for the new year, nothing to extream I would love to do wii like Lisa.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #108  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2 are on Amazon Prime.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #109  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year all of you FABULOUS ladies!! Off to see The Hobbit with my oldest grandson today. Any ideas for movie snacks to bring? I'm quite sure there's nothing at the theater that I'd consider eating!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 01-01-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #110  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year everyone! Rang in the New Year in San Francisco, fast asleep. LOL I never make it up to midnight. Hope you all had an enjoyable and safe evening. Have a wonderful day....I'm putting together Harry Potter Lego sets. Kids!
Love all the new photos of everyone. And Molly congrats on your retirement.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #111  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Happy New Year IPeeps!

In honor of my Pennsylvania roots, I am posting an IP-friendly pork and sauerkraut recipe. In my family it is a New Year's tradition to eat pork and sauerkraut, it is supposed to bring good luck through the year.

Ingredients for TWO servings
1 pound pork chops, edge fat removed
2 pounds sauerkraut
Spoonful of WF Apricot spread (any of the fruit spreads would do. If I were not on IP, this would be quince jelly, apricot seemed closest of the available options)
Water
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Put Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a fry pan and pan fry pork chops until brown on both sides
Put pork chops in baking dish
Add water and apricot spread to the frying pan with the pork drippings in it
Heat and stir to get the spread dissolved and all the pork stuff off the bottom of the pan
Add sauerkraut to the baking dish spreading it over the pork chops so that they are covered
Pour the heated water/spread/drippings over the sauerkraut as evenly as possible
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

It dawned on me as I was making it that basic PA sweet and sour could be made with the WF spreads also. That is yellow mustard and spread in equal parts heated until thick and completely mixed. Makes a good marinade for chicken, etc. Again, if not on IP that would be quince jelly or apple jelly but it works with anything.

Last edited by AlisonS; 01-01-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added serving size
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #112  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Well thank you Starshine! Glad you are posting here - feel free to do so

2013 plan of action is to begin light exercise 4x a week. I can build up from there. I need to start doing something other than being the desk/couch potato I have been for years. It may slow the weight loss, but it should help the body shape. I know it will help my self image, stress levels, and outlook. Okay I know I've been saying/planning this for awhile, but I'm officially starting tomorrow.
You inspired me, Halfagain! Thank you! I've been thinking of starting light yoga again, and I did it this morning. I don't think I would have without you saying what you did.

And your photo with your new glasses and polish is wonderful! You look so young and happy and beautiful. You are a true inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi starshine, this is where I generally hang out and I won't be 50 till October and they haven't kicked me out yet, everyone is extremely nice and helpful here so come back often it's a great place! And I won't be the only New Mexican .

Well my DH and I were planing on going to a New Years party with dinner and dancing along with his parents but it sold out. Not to upset, now I won't be tempted and the roads are snowie and slick, so planing a nice quite New Year's Eve in front of the fire and tv. Happy New Years everyone, Teena
Thanks, Teena! Looks like we're the same age. My birthday is in September, so I'll be hitting 50 a bit before you. We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday, so I wasn't driving last night anyway (gave me a great excuse not too ).

Happy New Year, Everyone!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #113  

Hi Alison
thanks for the recipe!
Could you also post it on the recipe thread so everyone else can enjoy it?
Besides, they're easier to search for later...

Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
You inspired me, Halfagain! Thank you! I've been thinking of starting light yoga again, and I did it this morning. I don't think I would have without you saying what you did.
Halfagain is truly one of the inspirations here! Thanks for inspiring!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-01-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #114  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Halfagain is truly one of the inspirations here! Thanks for inspiring!
This!

But you too, Lisa. You have done so well!

Last edited by Starshine; 01-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #115  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

barb love your photos!!!! LOOK HOW HAPPY YOU ARE GF!!!!!!!!!!

me...i'm back in bed feeling worse...but able to cough up goop so as long as i can keep coughing it up that is a good thing.

we enjoyed a quiet evening in bed last night watching the ball drop ...quiet except for the hacking my head off from sickness!!! blah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-01-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #116  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy new year, Everyone!

I'm headed home today after almost 3 weeks of being away. I hit Dallas, Houston, Syracuse, DC (well, the airport, but I met my friend for lunch there...)' and back to Houston. Getting ready to pull out and make the 4 hr drive back to Louisiana. It's been an awesome break and I stayed OP through the holidays! WI is tomorrow and I'll find out what I lost.

Stopping at Ross to pick up the cool purple-ish brushed corduroy jeans that I tried on the other day, if they're still there.

I am so grateful for this forum and the wonderful support here.
I wish you all a happy, healthy, New Year!

Peace on earth! By working on ourselves, we influence the world in a positive and wondrous way!

Hope y'all had a lovely New Year's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
No reason you can't!! I've even seen people in their 70s get certified and have been on the boat with people in their 80s! Of course you have to be in reasonably good health, but it's never too late! It's a whole different world down there.
Oh, I want to learn to do this! Now I can with this body!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #117  
Feed Your Freedom

joysh....your body is looking so HOT!!! omg gf....YOU TOTALLY ARE ROCKING this protocol!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #118  

JOYSH I agree with RAINBOW you look amazing!!!! Bubbleblower - where do you scuba dive and do you teach ppl? Now that I weigh less, and hope to continue to lose more of me, I would love to learn to dive as well.

Last edited by maezy1; 01-01-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #119  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i sent u the link enjoy....get some tissues!!

welcome karen...you are off to a fantastic start!!!!
Thank you, rainbowsmiles! Today I'm down 5.1 lbs.!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #120  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
Thank you, rainbowsmiles! Today I'm down 5.1 lbs.!
WOW!!!! KAREN!!!! awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread