Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #76  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
evepet...sure sounds like your fun day was indeed FUN!! and in control too! well done!

i am doing a little better....i think! haha slept most of the day! sleep is a good healer! had my ip chicken noodle soup for lunch and made crab cakes for supper, so had a good day back on plan.

i was so nervous not having my scale on my holiday as i too am a daily weigher. i was happy to finally get to step back on it and even more happy to see i didn't not gain any weight while gone!

i stayed pretty close to on plan...had a few tiny splurges. IP sort of gets into your blood after awhile, so it is hard for me to throw caution to the wind and not be mindful of what i am eating...and that is the most precious gift i have gotten from ip to date!!

i didn't lose any weight this week, stayed the same. so i feel blessed. and its right back to strickness now that i am home.

it feels amazing to not have to make a new years resolution to lose weight and get fit!! i am already doing that! woohoo!!

can't wait to feel better and get in a bike ride!! i miss my bike when i am away, and now that i am sick, it will be a few more days still.

hope you had a fabulous christmas!! happy new year too!!!
Very glad to hear that you feel somewhat better. There are some nasty bugs out there right now.

What I particularly loved about my Christmas Fun Day was that I really did feel quite in control... I ate what I wanted to, and didn't feel deprived at all for the whole day. And the icing on the cake was that the following P1 day worked like a charm and those 'Fun Day pounds' melted right away. It works!

And ITA that it's wonderful to know that we're already working to get ourselves healthier and happier as another New Year approaches. The Resolution is already firmly in place, and giant strides forward have already been made. IP and 3FatChicks.com rock. While I got irritated and frustrated at times with my slow weight loss this year, I actually think it was a benefit because it kept me disciplined for so long that in many respects these new, healthier eating habits became second nature. And that is a real plus in supporting a maintenance lifestyle.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #77  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

You have done so well Evepet. Congratulations!

Chloe - nice to see you posting with us.

Teena you are doing awesome. Congrats on your loss this week!

Not much new with me. WI is tomorrow. I picked up some ground turkey from Costco tonight, and cooked it with red bell pepper, onion and a good amount of sarachi sauce (the chili sauce with the Rooster on the label). Turned out really spicy. I love that stuff.

I think I'll order more lemon/coconut Simply Bars off of Amazon. I used to eat them as though they were restricted (they aren't). Since I have been using true restricted bars my losses are slowed. Not sure if that's why, but hey it's worth a shot, and I like the Simply Bars. Not so wild about the chocolate Simply bars though.

I found some pants that were too small before that fit now. That was a nice NSV today. They are those nylon type, with cargo pockets and the zip off legs so they convert to shorts. It's so cold and rainy here, that's just a dream to need to do that, but I could if I wanted to
barb!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOU GORGEOUS LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love love love love your new HOT PHOTO!!!! omg.....i am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! you are truly MY inspiration these days!!

those simply bars sound good, do you have a link for those???

kudos for the smaller pants!!! way to go!! it feels good to be back home and be back to routine! when i feel better i will be back on that bike riding away!!!!!!!

hugsssssssssssssss
susan
Old 12-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow, so glad to see you post. I hate that the color is gone from your rainbow. Now you know how my life is since I'm partially color blind. Please keep getting that rest. We'll all patiently wait for you to come back full time and grace us with your wonderful posts.

Congrats on no gain. You've got the right stuff in your head and not go overboard.

Glad you've had such a good Christmas. DH and I agreed at the start no gifts, no holidays, having each other is the ultimate gift we could have.

Miss ya. Take care
Molly
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #79  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Rainbow, so glad to see you post. I hate that the color is gone from your rainbow. Now you know how my life is since I'm partially color blind. Please keep getting that rest. We'll all patiently wait for you to come back full time and grace us with your wonderful posts.

Congrats on no gain. You've got the right stuff in your head and not go overboard.

Glad you've had such a good Christmas. DH and I agreed at the start no gifts, no holidays, having each other is the ultimate gift we could have.

Miss ya. Take care
Molly
hi my sista molly!!!!! its good to be home!! i am making sure i am getting lots of rest...typing on laptop from snuggly warm bed!! nigel is taking good care of me!

i am so sorry i was not able to stop at the shop rite stores. the snow was coming down so hard we only stayed on the interstate or to get gas. i so wanted to get the cheese seasonings for you and have spent some time trying to find a way to order online. alas i have had no luck.

hope you enjoy your last few days of 2012!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #80  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
hi my sista molly!!!!! its good to be home!! i am making sure i am getting lots of rest...typing on laptop from snuggly warm bed!! nigel is taking good care of me!

i am so sorry i was not able to stop at the shop rite stores. the snow was coming down so hard we only stayed on the interstate or to get gas. i so wanted to get the cheese seasonings for you and have spent some time trying to find a way to order online. alas i have had no luck.

hope you enjoy your last few days of 2012!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for at least thinking about me. The sprinkles would not be worth the problems in the bad weather. I did a lot of searching. Hopefully, you'll be more successful. Let me know if you do find something.

I'm enjoying being home knowing I do not have to get up and go to work in the dark and cold. It will be unsettling for a few months though until I'm convinced all my planning is on the mark and we can survive without going back to work.

Take extra special care and thank you, Nigel, for babying our special rainbow.

Molly

P.S. Let me know about watching the Downton Abbey reruns.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #81  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Thanks for at least thinking about me. The sprinkles would not be worth the problems in the bad weather. I did a lot of searching. Hopefully, you'll be more successful. Let me know if you do find something.

I'm enjoying being home knowing I do not have to get up and go to work in the dark and cold. It will be unsettling for a few months though until I'm convinced all my planning is on the mark and we can survive without going back to work.

Molly

have you seen season 1 and 2?? the links i have are for season 3 and the season 3 christmas special.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #82  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
have you seen season 1 and 2?? the links i have are for season 3 and the season 3 christmas special.
Haven't seen any of it. After listening to you and Dana, I have become curious.

Molly
Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #83  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
barb!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOU GORGEOUS LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love love love love your new HOT PHOTO!!!! omg.....i am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! you are truly MY inspiration these days!!

those simply bars sound good, do you have a link for those???

kudos for the smaller pants!!! way to go!! it feels good to be back home and be back to routine! when i feel better i will be back on that bike riding away!!!!!!!

hugsssssssssssssss
susan
Hugsssssssssssssss for you Susan! You are making me blush, thank you for the encouragement. DH and I went to a bed and breakfast this weekend, and spent Saturday night there. It was lovely. We had a deluxe suite with a king size bed with a canopy, a fireplace, a huge jacuzzi tub, balcony, and other cool romantic accoutrement's. For breakfast, the staff made me a nice scrambled egg with lots of IP veggies for breakfast. Hubby had the house special, which looked delicious, but so was my breakfast. I did have more protein than I would have eaten at home over the weekend.

The link for The Simply Bar from Amazon is here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Simply-Bar...mply+bar+lemon There are other flavors, and I have only tried two of them. The variety pack might not be a bad idea. Amazon sells that too. Otherwise I'm not sure where else to get them in the USA. I really like the lemon coconut - but it is a subtle flavor (more lemon than coconut). I agree with the reviews on Amazon, they are sort of like a rice crispy treat texture and mild flavor - though not tasting of marshmallow.

Last edited by Halfagain; 12-31-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #84  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I hear ya! DH has been retired for about 5 years now. I'm eligible for early retirement (with a penalty) now, but full retirement is still 2.5 years away. We're downsizing now, and building a new home that will be completed in Sept/Oct of 2013. At that point it's going to become very tempting, but I really should be patient and wait, although it's going to be very tough. Like you, there is a lot going on at work that isn't pleasant and I hate to see the way people are acting. It used to be a great place to work. <sigh> I'm burning a lot of leave these days, getting away to dive and take my underwater photos as often as I can. I'm lucky to have that option. When the leave is gone, I'll probably start taking LWOP periodically. I figure that will help me learn to live on less, too.
scuba diving is something i would absolutely LOVE to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #85  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
scuba diving is something i would absolutely LOVE to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No reason you can't!! I've even seen people in their 70s get certified and have been on the boat with people in their 80s! Of course you have to be in reasonably good health, but it's never too late! It's a whole different world down there.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #86  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hugsssssssssssssss for you Susan!
Okay, I'm not quite 50 yet, but I love this thread and lurk a lot. I just came on to say, WOW, Halfagain, you look fantastic! You are simply amazing! Congrats, congrats, congrats!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #87  
Feed Your Freedom

my snow angel in vermont!!!!

i'm such a kid at heart!!

playing in the snow!!

a hike in the snow up to the tower....in montpelier vermont
Old 12-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #88  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Molly

Molly - you will love Downton - Rainbow got me addicted. Definitely watch them in order or there will be no surprises! You can watch season 1 on Netflix, and I think I watched season 2 on the BBC website.

I will think of you warm and snugly in bed when I go back to my regular work routine on Wednesday - up at 5:30 a.m. to walk the dog in the freezing cold... I am so jealous!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #89  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow - thanks for sharing photos. You look FABULOUS in your winter gear! A real snow bunny.

Feel better soon!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #90  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Rainbow - thanks for sharing photos. You look FABULOUS in your winter gear! A real snow bunny.

Feel better soon!
thanks love!!! omg,....did u see the christmas special for season 3 yet??? oooh i won't spoil it....but sheeeeesh....how could they!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread