Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #31  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello all, I just got home from WI and I'm so happy I had a 1.6 loss, couldn't wait to hop on here and tell you all!
Congratulations!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I had my WI today, lost 2 pounds. I don't think I have ever lost 2 pounds (or any weight for that matter) over Christmas week! : )

Drove through the bad weather yesterday but made it home safely - safe travels to all of you who are still away from home!
Contratulations to you too! And so glad you made it home safely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm finishing P3 today, and enjoying my first Fun Day at our extended family get-together tomorrow. Family members were scattered around different continents, and it was impossible to get everyone together until tomorrow. The delay actually worked out better for me as it gave me enough time to finish P3. LOL. But I am looking forward to having a Fun Day tomorrow. I'll be home for breakfast & lunch, and will stick to a basic P3 day for both of them, but at dinner tomorrow (which will be our traditional Christmas dinner) I'll enjoy a small portion of dressing and mashed potatoes, and sample the desserts. And some wine... and maybe a few nuts during the afternoon. Then I'll be on P1 on Saturday - then on to maintenance for the time being.

I posted a few days ago in the Maintenance thread that I find myself in between pant sizes. This may well motivate me to go back to P1 early next year and actively diet again until I fit well into the smaller size.

I'll be away from home starting tomorrow for a couple of days, so just wanted to check in now and say 'Hi!' to everyone.

Hope your Holidays have been healthy and happy, and include lots of love and laughter with your families.

Cheers from snowy central Ontario Canada. (We now have quite a white wonderland here - I'd take a pic, but my camera flash is broken).
Glad you will be joining us in Maintenance! I too, am going to do a week of P1 beginning January 2. Sounds like there may be a few of us doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

I think I'll order more lemon/coconut Simply Bars off of Amazon. I used to eat them as though they were restricted (they aren't). Since I have been using true restricted bars my losses are slowed. Not sure if that's why, but hey it's worth a shot, and I like the Simply Bars. Not so wild about the chocolate Simply bars though.

I found some pants that were too small before that fit now. That was a nice NSV today. They are those nylon type, with cargo pockets and the zip off legs so they convert to shorts. It's so cold and rainy here, that's just a dream to need to do that, but I could if I wanted to
I keep some bars from Nashua Nutrition on hand for my bad craving days. And you're still getting smaller! Great NSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Evepet,
Now that you are at goal, if you have any cellulite, there is the IP Cellulite Reduction Protocol (to be done only once at goal). I came across it yesterday and it's a short term effort, just a few weeks, but is all about getting that final, smooth look. I hope to be starting that in 3 months. Let me know, will post it here if anyone wants it.

Best,
Chloe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Hi Chloe,

Could you please go ahead and post it?
Yes, Chloe - please post it! Most of my cellulite went away while on P1, but now it's coming back Thank you!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #32  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Need to get ready to go to my last Christmas today, with my son & his family. Picking my parents up on the way. Have a great day all!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #33  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Bubble blower- I hope your new house is somewhere that you can just walk over to the water and dive from the shore. I did some wreck diving in my younger days, but my daughter was so afraid of something happening to me that I quit. Think I have found a new reason to start back into my swimming program!
I know a lot of parents who got back into diving after their children were grown. I've found that I'm more conservative than I was when I first started diving in the 80s, but I can never stay away from the ocean for too long! I'm more of a boat diver than shore diver in general, but there's certainly something to be said for the convenience of shore diving - plus you can't beat the cost!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #34  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone! Hope everyone's Christmas Season is going well.

I'm finishing P3 today, and enjoying my first Fun Day at our extended family get-together tomorrow. Family members were scattered around different continents, and it was impossible to get everyone together until tomorrow. The delay actually worked out better for me as it gave me enough time to finish P3. LOL. But I am looking forward to having a Fun Day tomorrow. I'll be home for breakfast & lunch, and will stick to a basic P3 day for both of them, but at dinner tomorrow (which will be our traditional Christmas dinner) I'll enjoy a small portion of dressing and mashed potatoes, and sample the desserts. And some wine... and maybe a few nuts during the afternoon. Then I'll be on P1 on Saturday - then on to maintenance for now...
Welcome to maintenance!! You may still lose a bit, depending on your calorie intake. I lost a bit last week. If I find I have gained, I may join you and Greeiris in a week of phase 1 after New Years.

Have a great time with your family!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #35  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Our thread is just about ready to move to page 2. Can't let that happen.

I finished my last day at work. It really hasn't settled in. Probably in a week or so when I don't have to get up in the dark, I don't hear all the stressful stuff going on, and I don't get a paycheck.

Got an eggplant for 25 cents, so I'm making a roasted eggplant recipe tonight to go with leftover pork loin roast from a couple nights ago. Should be interesting. DH does NOT like eggplant, but he has a bunch of potatoes that were in around the roast.

Hope to finally get back to sleeping in the waterbed tonight. Hopefully, we've found all the cat claw holes and patched them adequately (last nights was one that sprang a leak). Guest beds are okay for a night or two, but that's about it. The whole week is just oo much.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday evening.

Molly
Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 207.4 / 163.2 / 163

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Congratulations!!!!

Contratulations to you too! And so glad you made it home safely.

Glad you will be joining us in Maintenance! I too, am going to do a week of P1 beginning January 2. Sounds like there may be a few of us doing so.

I keep some bars from Nashua Nutrition on hand for my bad craving days. And you're still getting smaller! Great NSV

Yes, Chloe - please post it! Most of my cellulite went away while on P1, but now it's coming back Thank you!
I also want to know how to rid myself of cellulite! I have about 11 pounds left to lose, so I will be thrilled to know a way to smooth out those puckers ...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #37  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Yoo hoo

Rainbow, where are you? Hope you're not stuck in a snow drift.

We miss you. Even DH asked, Where's Rainbow?

Molly
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #38  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

:::::Clicking my Heels together::::: 3 times:::::
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, there's no place like home!!!!!!!!!!!

jumping on for a tiny moment then unpacking continues....

the GREAT VERMONT SNOW HOLIDAY has come to a grinding halt!!

mooseless at that....the trip home was long and we spent one night just south of DC....then headed the last leg tonight.

left vermont just ahead of the worse part of the snow...the entire drive out of vermont was on snow covered highway and enjoying watching the snow plows....once we hit mass...it was rain....but then once we got south of baltimore it was all sunny again and now home....from 0 degrees our last morning in vermont to 63 degrees in charleston, big difference!! oooh where is that beautiful snow scenery????

VERMONT I LOVE YOU....and know i will visit again one day.

missed all you beautiful ladies....will be back later....or tomorrow...for more vermont posts and pics if u want to see any
current status: sick with a bad cold, slight fever and chills.

oh so good to be home and have my own bed to rest in!!

molly....tell chris, thank you for thinking about me!!
barb...omg...YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-28-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/185/130 [url=http://www.3f

I am 60 and on day 2 of IP. Feeling lousy, but this site is wonderful/ Thanks. Kimboq
Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #40  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Hi, Kimbow - Welcome! I'm in IL too - Champaign.

Don't worry - seems like everyone feels awful the first 3 - 5 days. Just stick with it... It will get better.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #41  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Our thread is just about ready to move to page 2. Can't let that happen.

I finished my last day at work. It really hasn't settled in. Probably in a week or so when I don't have to get up in the dark, I don't hear all the stressful stuff going on, and I don't get a paycheck.

Got an eggplant for 25 cents, so I'm making a roasted eggplant recipe tonight to go with leftover pork loin roast from a couple nights ago. Should be interesting. DH does NOT like eggplant, but he has a bunch of potatoes that were in around the roast.

Hope to finally get back to sleeping in the waterbed tonight. Hopefully, we've found all the cat claw holes and patched them adequately (last nights was one that sprang a leak). Guest beds are okay for a night or two, but that's about it. The whole week is just oo much.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday evening.

Molly
Wha-Hooo! Congratulations! I bet you Monday morning will be soooooo nice, but be sure and hop on and let us know

I have yet to prepare an eggplant in a fashion that is yummy. It's usually pretty blah. I'm sure I'm the cause because I just don't understand our oval shaped purple friend.

I have social events this weekend to attend... hopefully not too food related. I'll go and enjoy the company. I'm packing some veggies and a bar. Maybe even some soy nuts they keep me away from chips.

Oh got my glasses in the mail today. They look great. Trying to get used to the bifocal thing.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #42  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Wha-Hooo! Congratulations! I bet you Monday morning will be soooooo nice, but be sure and hop on and let us know

I have yet to prepare an eggplant in a fashion that is yummy. It's usually pretty blah. I'm sure I'm the cause because I just don't understand our oval shaped purple friend.
I will like the no work and the freedom. The lack of paycheck is another story. My social security doesn't start until the last Wednesday in February and of course, it's only 40% of my current take home pay. Yikes.

You must try this eggplant recipe. I was skeptical, but for 25 cents I couldn't pass up getting one. I'm impressed with this recipe, but I will tell you, I used the oil coated aluminum foil and it still stuck. I think next time I'd try the parchment paper or my silcone baking mat (Sil-Echo). I did not put the basil on top even though I had some fresh basil on hand. I was just too skeptical. I agree eggplant is usually blah, but I guess this was the infused garlic and the high heat roasting.

Simply Roasted Eggplant
-3-4 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
-1 small head of garlic, cloves peeled
-2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
-Salt and pepper, pinch
Directions
Preheat oven 500F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with oil.
Lightly brush each side of the eggplant rounds with oil. Chop each garlic clove into 2-3 pieces, depending upon the size of the cloves. Press garlic pieces into the flesh of the eggplant slices, so that the garlic is mostly embedded into the eggplant.
Place in oven, and bake 15-20 minutes, until eggplant are tender and beginning to brown. Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Scatter fresh basil on top, and serve.

Enjoy

Molly
Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #43  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Oh dear Rainbow. Take care of yourself. We want a healthy Rainbow back.

Love, Molly
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #44  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbow View Post
I am 60 and on day 2 of IP. Feeling lousy, but this site is wonderful/ Thanks. Kimboq
Welcome to IP! It gets better. Just hang in there and you will see. Glad to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
:::::
missed all you beautiful ladies....will be back later....or tomorrow...for more vermont posts and pics if u want to see any

molly....tell chris, thank you for thinking about me!!
barb...omg...YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome home Susan! We missed you. Can't wait to see the pics, but rest up and get well too. We can wait while you get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I will like the no work and the freedom. The lack of paycheck is another story. My social security doesn't start until the last Wednesday in February and of course, it's only 40% of my current take home pay. Yikes.

You must try this eggplant recipe. I was skeptical, but for 25 cents I couldn't pass up getting one. I'm impressed with this recipe, but I will tell you, I used the oil coated aluminum foil and it still stuck. I think next time I'd try the parchment paper or my silcone baking mat (Sil-Echo). I did not put the basil on top even though I had some fresh basil on hand. I was just too skeptical. I agree eggplant is usually blah, but I guess this was the infused garlic and the high heat roasting.

Simply Roasted Eggplant
-3-4 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
-1 small head of garlic, cloves peeled
-2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
-Salt and pepper, pinch
Directions
Preheat oven 500F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil, and lightly grease with oil.
Lightly brush each side of the eggplant rounds with oil. Chop each garlic clove into 2-3 pieces, depending upon the size of the cloves. Press garlic pieces into the flesh of the eggplant slices, so that the garlic is mostly embedded into the eggplant.
Place in oven, and bake 15-20 minutes, until eggplant are tender and beginning to brown. Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
Scatter fresh basil on top, and serve.

Enjoy

Molly
I will have to give it another whirl and try it. Thank you!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #45  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbow View Post
Welcome! As others have said, it does get easier. Day 2 was the worst for me and day 3 wasn't much better but everything got easier from that point on. I'm still only a few weeks in, but its really encouraging to see how many people can stick with this diet and stay OP for the long run.
Closed Thread