Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #16  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello all, I just got home from WI and I'm so happy I had a 1.6 loss, couldn't wait to hop on here and tell you all!
Congratulations.

Just don't let a loss fool your mind into thinking those licks and tastes where okay. You know the drill. Wait till Sargeant Rainbow is back.

Molly
Old 12-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #17  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Molly - must be exciting to be so close! I am excited for you. I will have to wait at least another 5 years...

Teena - Great job - especially with all of the holiday temptations.

You'll both be joining us in maintenance soon!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #18  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Molly - must be exciting to be so close! I am excited for you. I will have to wait at least another 5 years...
It's very, very scary. I've worked all of my life. I've gotten too used to a good salary and buying what I want when I want. Not going to be in that financial shape. I'm just tired of working and discouraged with sooo many things at work now. Just isn't like it used to be. Besides, DH has been retired now for 6 months and his relaxed lifestyle is making me crazy.

Molly
Old 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #19  
started IP 7/17/2012

Change is always a little scary...

My DH has been retired for 2.5 years now. We have already made some small sacrifices, but it has been worth it. We have already downsized to a condo, so we are ready spend part of the year elsewhere, but we haven't decided where yet. Guess we've got at least 5 years to figure it out, since I can't retire until then.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Congratulations Molly! I am so envious of your upcoming retirement!

I had my WI today, lost 2 pounds. I don't think I have ever lost 2 pounds (or any weight for that matter) over Christmas week! : )

Drove through the bad weather yesterday but made it home safely - safe travels to all of you who are still away from home!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #21  
started IP 7/17/2012

Wow, Alison! That's great - and you are more than halfway there!!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 12-27-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Dang today is horrible craving wise. I am sure it's stress, but probably the old "reward me for being so good on Christmas - and with all the carb stuff still laying around the house" feelings. I could (if I gave in -which I won't) eat 4 restricted bars.... I'm tempted to pass up meat tonight and have a hot chocolate and a chocolate cake packet instead.. AND my restricted for my snack. Knitting group got cancelled tonight, maybe I better get that next book I was wanting on the Kindle.

Nope, we didn't make it to the Hobbit. It's not my DH's kind of movie. We really didn't see anything that we felt we couldn't wait for as a rental. So we ended up just going shopping for groceries and a sweat shirt for my exercise start up with the new year.
Love your new avatar pic, you look so young!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Congratulations.

Just don't let a loss fool your mind into thinking those licks and tastes where okay. You know the drill. Wait till Sargeant Rainbow is back.

Molly
Your so right Molly, thanks for reminding me! And congratulations on your retirement very happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Congratulations Molly! I am so envious of your upcoming retirement!

I had my WI today, lost 2 pounds. I don't think I have ever lost 2 pounds (or any weight for that matter) over Christmas week! : )

Drove through the bad weather yesterday but made it home safely - safe travels to all of you who are still away from home!
Great loss and we should both be proud because we made it thru Christmas week, we got this!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #23  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Hope everyone's Christmas Season is going well.

I'm finishing P3 today, and enjoying my first Fun Day at our extended family get-together tomorrow. Family members were scattered around different continents, and it was impossible to get everyone together until tomorrow. The delay actually worked out better for me as it gave me enough time to finish P3. LOL. But I am looking forward to having a Fun Day tomorrow. I'll be home for breakfast & lunch, and will stick to a basic P3 day for both of them, but at dinner tomorrow (which will be our traditional Christmas dinner) I'll enjoy a small portion of dressing and mashed potatoes, and sample the desserts. And some wine... and maybe a few nuts during the afternoon. Then I'll be on P1 on Saturday - then on to maintenance for the time being.

I posted a few days ago in the Maintenance thread that I find myself in between pant sizes. This may well motivate me to go back to P1 early next year and actively diet again until I fit well into the smaller size.

I'll be away from home starting tomorrow for a couple of days, so just wanted to check in now and say 'Hi!' to everyone.

Hope your Holidays have been healthy and happy, and include lots of love and laughter with your families.

Cheers from snowy central Ontario Canada. (We now have quite a white wonderland here - I'd take a pic, but my camera flash is broken).
Old 12-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Evepet,
Congratulations!! You've done it!

I'm back for a reboot and committed to seeing it through.

Best,
Chloe
Old 12-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #25  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Evepet,
Congratulations!! You've done it!

I'm back for a reboot and committed to seeing it through.

Best,
Chloe
Hi Chloe. Good to see you back here. Yes, I finally got to the weight that my Dr. had said she'd find acceptable. My weight loss had stalled out badly, and about two months ago I did P3 for just a week and then returned to P1 in order to shake things up and get the last 6-7 lbs off. It seems like it's taken me ages to shed the 53 lbs - but I'm there! I don't believe I'd have made it without the support of this forum. It's been a great source of motivation and direction all the way through.

I may well join you and the other active dieters in a few weeks. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've recently realized that I'm right between pant sizes. So after I enjoy maintenance for a few weeks, I may well return to P1 and work to get a bit smaller until the smaller size pant fits.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #26  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi Chloe. Good to see you back here. Yes, I finally got to the weight that my Dr. had said she'd find acceptable. My weight loss had stalled out badly, and about two months ago I did P3 for just a week and then returned to P1 in order to shake things up and get the last 6-7 lbs off. It seems like it's taken me ages to shed the 53 lbs - but I'm there! I don't believe I'd have made it without the support of this forum. It's been a great source of motivation and direction all the way through.

I may well join you and the other active dieters in a few weeks. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've recently realized that I'm right between pant sizes. So after I enjoy maintenance for a few weeks, I may well return to P1 and work to get a bit smaller until the smaller size pant fits.
You have done so well Evepet. Congratulations!

Chloe - nice to see you posting with us.

Teena you are doing awesome. Congrats on your loss this week!

Not much new with me. WI is tomorrow. I picked up some ground turkey from Costco tonight, and cooked it with red bell pepper, onion and a good amount of sarachi sauce (the chili sauce with the Rooster on the label). Turned out really spicy. I love that stuff.

I think I'll order more lemon/coconut Simply Bars off of Amazon. I used to eat them as though they were restricted (they aren't). Since I have been using true restricted bars my losses are slowed. Not sure if that's why, but hey it's worth a shot, and I like the Simply Bars. Not so wild about the chocolate Simply bars though.

I found some pants that were too small before that fit now. That was a nice NSV today. They are those nylon type, with cargo pockets and the zip off legs so they convert to shorts. It's so cold and rainy here, that's just a dream to need to do that, but I could if I wanted to
Old 12-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post

Hi Evepet,
Now that you are at goal, if you have any cellulite, there is the IP Cellulite Reduction Protocol (to be done only once at goal). I came across it yesterday and it's a short term effort, just a few weeks, but is all about getting that final, smooth look. I hope to be starting that in 3 months. Let me know, will post it here if anyone wants it.

Best,
Chloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

You have done so well Evepet. Congratulations!

Chloe - nice to see you posting with us.

I found some pants that were too small before that fit now. That was a nice NSV today. They are those nylon type, with cargo pockets and the zip off legs so they convert to shorts. It's so cold and rainy here, that's just a dream to need to do that, but I could if I wanted to
HalfAgain,
Your new photo by your signature looks stunning!! You've done a great job, keep up the good work and just think how many heads you'll turn come summer! (I always have this long term view for myself, such as think summer and summer clothes...)

Have a great day,
Chloe
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #28  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
It's very, very scary. I've worked all of my life. I've gotten too used to a good salary and buying what I want when I want. Not going to be in that financial shape. I'm just tired of working and discouraged with sooo many things at work now. Just isn't like it used to be. Besides, DH has been retired now for 6 months and his relaxed lifestyle is making me crazy.

Molly
I hear ya! DH has been retired for about 5 years now. I'm eligible for early retirement (with a penalty) now, but full retirement is still 2.5 years away. We're downsizing now, and building a new home that will be completed in Sept/Oct of 2013. At that point it's going to become very tempting, but I really should be patient and wait, although it's going to be very tough. Like you, there is a lot going on at work that isn't pleasant and I hate to see the way people are acting. It used to be a great place to work. <sigh> I'm burning a lot of leave these days, getting away to dive and take my underwater photos as often as I can. I'm lucky to have that option. When the leave is gone, I'll probably start taking LWOP periodically. I figure that will help me learn to live on less, too.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #29  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Evepet,
Now that you are at goal, if you have any cellulite, there is the IP Cellulite Reduction Protocol (to be done only once at goal). I came across it yesterday and it's a short term effort, just a few weeks, but is all about getting that final, smooth look. I hope to be starting that in 3 months. Let me know, will post it here if anyone wants it.

Best,
Chloe
Hi Chloe,

Could you please go ahead and post it?
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #30  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Bubble blower- I hope your new house is somewhere that you can just walk over to the water and dive from the shore. I did some wreck diving in my younger days, but my daughter was so afraid of something happening to me that I quit. Think I have found a new reason to start back into my swimming program!
Closed Thread