3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP daily chat. Wednesday 12-26-2012

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #91

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Holy wow, Scorbett, you look so young and foxy!!!
"...almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. Only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant, total amazement." -Joe vs. the Volcano

Old 12-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #92

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
Hey there! You pretty much wrote my post for me...I'm right there with you! I cheated on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner. The best thing was eating what everyone else did and not having to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN all the time! But I'm back on the wagon today. I am actually a little relieved to be back to restricting myself--a little freedom goes to my head!

On the positive side, everyone had wonderful things to say about my weight loss on Christmas Eve. My husband's cousin said, "You're so tiny!", making her my favorite person in the world! I went to my annual well woman visit on Christmas Eve and my doctor did a double take at the weight noted in my chart. She said, "This is your weight today?" We looked at my chart, and I have lost a little over 70 lbs since my well woman visit last year. So I'm feeling pretty good about my weight and am not going to let a couple of bad days derail me!
Ladies- I feel your pain. It's also TOM for me so I am feeling like a bloated sea cow today- I know the weight and the bloat will be gone in a few days as it happens every month but still- BLEH!!

On a happy note- I can get my size 12 jeans on. The ones I wore on my first date with my husband over 6 years ago. I can get them on- I can't sit, bend or breathe but HEY- I can button them!!! Small victories.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #93

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Fiddlesticks, ya'll! I just bought a dehydrator...now you must explain what the heck is is an Actifry and why must I get one? lol But seriously, if that many of you bought one for IP, then I really do need to know more about it.
Here you go:
ActiFry - who has IP friendly recipes
(just use search function with keyword "actifry")
The scuttlebut is that you can make several pieces of fried chicken and french fries using only a tablespoon of oil each. I tried it and the results didn't thrill me, but I really need to fine-tune my technique. I think others have had far better success and perhaps can chime in here. But then, check out the link above.

Scorbett,
Great deals and you look marvelous! Congrats!

Last edited by Chloe222 : 12-26-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitney72 View Post
Ladies- I feel your pain. It's also TOM for me so I am feeling like a bloated sea cow today- I know the weight and the bloat will be gone in a few days as it happens every month but still- BLEH!!

On a happy note- I can get my size 12 jeans on. The ones I wore on my first date with my husband over 6 years ago. I can get them on- I can't sit, bend or breathe but HEY- I can button them!!! Small victories.
That's a BIG victory! Congrats! (And so smart of you to have kept them, an excellent benchmarking item!)

Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #95

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
That's a BIG victory! Congrats! (And so smart of you to have kept them, an excellent benchmarking item!)
Ha! I kept them because I was hoping that some day.... some way.... I'd get into them again. I don't throw anything away- it's a PROBLEM!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #96
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

WI tonight found me 1.5 pounds and 1.6" less. Total of 88.75 pounds and 88.4 inches. Glad to see some on here again that I haven't seen for a while. Welcome back and good luck!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #97

Quote:
Ha! I kept them because I was hoping that some day.... some way.... I'd get into them again. I don't throw anything away- it's a PROBLEM!
You are really in good company. Coco Chanel kept her clothes forever because she wore what she loved and saw her pieces as investments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
WI tonight found me 1.5 pounds and 1.6" less. Total of 88.75 pounds and 88.4 inches. Glad to see some on here again that I haven't seen for a while. Welcome back and good luck!
Great photo - you look terrific! Keep up the good work!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #98

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Thanks for the input Scorbett! My concern is that we will be staying at other people's houses for 4 days and our plans are basically going to be spur of the moment, make it up as we go. I don't really know where we'll be at any given time so I'd have the have a large cooler full of veggies that I bring everywhere we go! Which may include 4 wheeling or snowmobiling out in the woods (and the guys will just fill themselves up on beer rather than food, LOL) If we go to restaurants then I know I can make good choices but I'm not sure if I will always have those options. I do realize that I will be setting myself back and ideally, if I could, I would not cheat but it may come down to either cheat or don't eat until I can get the right food. My willpower is great if I know I can eat something, but given the choice of starving for a few hours or eating off plan...

So my question is, if I don't stay 100% OP then is it worthwhile to do 50% OP or would I just be throwing $$ out the window?
Mrs. Kuby, It sounds like you have a very difficult situation...but, it can be done. Buy some ready-to-drinks. It is so very important that you stay 100%....you are doing well, now is not a good time to go 50% or worse. I have been in horrible situations...stranded without IP food that I really wanted, but because I always have ready-to-drinks with me, I have been successful. In addition to the ready-to-drinks, there are usually protein choices available..even at other people's houses. Try to really think this through. I want you to be happy with you!!!! You CAN do this!

4/13/2012 --The beginning of something wonderful!

WI#1-12 WI#2-3 WI#3-5 WI#4-3 WI#5-3 WI#6-0 WI#7 2.5-WI#8 -5 WI#9 -1 WI#10-3
WI#11-3 WI#12-3 WI#13-0 WI#14-2.8 WI#15 -3.6
WI#16 -2 WI#17 +.4 WI#18 -3 WI#19 -1 WI#20 -1
WI #21 -2 WI #22 -0 WI#23 -2.8 WI#24-3

Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #99

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good Evening all!!
Scorbett- You look amazing!!
Maezy- Glad you are feeling better!! Can I borrow some pain meds??

I have been having right-sided abd pain on and off for a few days. Last night I felt awful. Saw my PCP today tons of blood work and urine sent. CT scan showed an slightly inflamed right ovary. I am on Cipro. Pain is pretty bad, all I have is tylenol.

I was on plan through out the Holidays and feeling very pissy and cranky about it. I missed a IP packet last night and totally haven't drank the water I need to today. I got weighed at the Drs office and was down 2lbs. My IP WI is tomorrow. As long as I don't gain (all scales seem to have a mind of their own.) I will be ok.

My Dr is thrilled with the wgt loss and can't wait to see me in Feb. She wasn't too concerned with the inflammation, I still say I have a UTI. But we'll know more tomorrow.

Last edited by NinjaNurse : 12-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #100
Restart 1/31/14

S/C/G: 294/285/200

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I also got burnt out on veggies my first few weeks. Was eating alot of broc & cali. but now have found that I like salads the best with mixed greens. I will have to try out some of the purees & also putting spinach in the drinks. Tomorrow is wi hoping the scale will keep on moving down.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Hi all, I have been MIA for a while--not following plan to a T and felt ashamed and as though I would not continue to be welcomed. I had a big cheat day yesterday (Christmas) and I'm back doing plan and will not do any restricteds at all for a few days.

I was doing great with no cravings at all but then the inundation of holiday foods really got to me. I was feeling really bitter and was actually in tears in the office one day about it.

Anyway... just wanted to check in. Until the day before yesterday I had been at 323 for several weeks and then this morning I was at 328. Hope to lose that 5 pounds quickly and be back on track.
Welcome back. There is no shame in being a human being and making a mistake. We have all been there!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #102
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Okay Wild I just bought my ActiFry and was reading through the cook book. I can do this. Thanks for the awesome suggestion. This diet keeps getting more and more expensive
Ha! Yes, a lot of ways to spend $. I bought a mandolin, a magic bullet (and I already HAD a Vitamix!), a new nonstick muffin pan, a veritable menu of Walden Farms items, and more cookie sheets (to speed up the kale chip making process). AND in addition to all the new clothes you will need, there is also the cost of rewards to yourself for meeting benchmark goals. So far, I've purchased a facial, a 90 minute massage, and a wii system so I can do wii fit (haven't used the wii fit yet...need to get to my half-way point, which is less than 3 lbs away now)

And you just thought it was going to be the cost of IP itself, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Fiddlesticks, ya'll! I just bought a dehydrator...now you must explain what the heck is is an Actifry and why must I get one? lol But seriously, if that many of you bought one for IP, then I really do need to know more about it.
Sigh...I'm so sad I donated my dehydrator when I quit "doing" Atkins. I could sure use it new. Will keep watching Goodwill. I see somebody else posted the Actifry link. You might find a deal on ebay.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #103

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

sending you all some
SNOW LOVE FROM VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #104
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Welcome back. There is no shame in being a human being and making a mistake. We have all been there!
All of us. It's why we need IP in the first place!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:03 PM   #105

Quote:

Who needs to breathe if you can fit into fabulous jeans!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.