I am constantly making and eating this soup, and haven't got sick of it. I think it's delicious! It's slightly modified version of a typical cabbage soup recipe from a "cabbage soup diet" (which is a bad diet as it doesn't allow hardly any protein, but the soup is delicious regardless
- bunch of green onion (or 1 or 2 stalks of leeks)
- bunch of celery
- small cabbage or half of big one
- about 2-3 green peppers (colour won't make difference in taste, so use whichever colour of peppers you like, but green is the lowest in carbs I think)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (I know this is a 2 times per week item, but it does add more delisciousness to the soup, however it is not necessary if you are very strict IP)
- I love and adore dill weed and cut up a whole bunch, and sometimes add a cut up bunch of parsley (which I also like). As far as my taste goes, a soup must have dill weed. And lots of it.
- Stock: beef or chicken will work. I use one called "O organics" (in Canada) as that one seems to have the lowest carb and fat in my grocery store. I live in a smallish town, so bigger centers may have other or even better choices... You can add extra stock in powder to make it stronger tasting...
All these vegetables don't need long to cook, when they are soft, it's done.
This will make a huge pot, so adjust all amounts if you want to make smaller pot.
Hope you enjoy this one.