Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #16  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

And in other good news, I've been tracking my meals on MyFitnessPal and it's been saying I'll be BELOW my goal weight in 5 weeks! If that's true, I might actually be phasing off around my birthday!!! That would be an amazing birthday present for myself - a new physique, better health and the first year in a LONG time where weight loss was not on my "to do" list!
That's wonderful!! I track on MyFitnessPal also, and it says I'll have just 10 more pounds to go in 5 weeks at the rate I'm going. The great part is I *know* I can do this!! And I, too, am beyond happy that I started when I did, and for once don't have to have getting my weight under control as a New Year's resolution!! I can't think of one resolution I've actually stuck to, but I'm very proud that I'm sticking to this! Even my DH - who was very skeptical at first - is being very supportive.

Have a very merry Christmas, everyone!!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #17  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson316 View Post
Hello I am new here just wanted to get involved so I can stay accountable to someone. On day 9 today and I definitely look slimmer but Ive chosen not to weigh since TOM is coming. Look forward to meeting you all Ive been reading the old old threads for IP.

Cal
Hi Cal, I'm new here too! I started the program on 12/12/12..so we're at about the same place! How have you been holding up? I had a really hard time in the first week but it's been getting better. Seeing the weight coming off helps a lot! I lost 5.8 the first week and it looks like I am down another 4+ but my official WI is after Xmas so we'll see how I hold up!

Have a very merry Xmas!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good Morning all!! After taking my daughter to school for her Christmas party, we are going to make cookies and a pie before we go the my Brother's for Christmas Eve. Tomorrow, relaxing and helping our daughter put together a 500+ piece Playmobil Princess Castle. What was I thinking??
Old 12-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #19  

Scorbett - such WONDERFUL news! phasing off soon!!! I doubt if I will ever phase off but it will come in time.

NINJA - thx for the dilaudid info. My doctor was very hesitant to prescribe the dilaudid but after a night of severe pain went with it. Im trying percoset today to see if I can handle the pain on oxycontin and percoset instead of the dilaudid. Had a pretty challenging PT session yesterday so the pain last night was substantial. It will all be over soon though and I will be off of everything
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson316 View Post
Hello I am new here just wanted to get involved so I can stay accountable to someone. On day 9 today and I definitely look slimmer but Ive chosen not to weigh since TOM is coming. Look forward to meeting you all Ive been reading the old old threads for IP.

Cal
Welcome Cal! This is a great and supportive forum!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas to all my friends at 3FC! You are my motivators and my life-line and for that I thank you! I've had an amazing week and look forward to a big loss tomorrow (WI day). 100% OP for me.

I'm excited to be picking my daughter up at the airport within a couple of hours. When that's done, I can say I'm ready for Christmas!

Best of the season to you all!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hi Cal, I'm new here too! I started the program on 12/12/12..so we're at about the same place! How have you been holding up? I had a really hard time in the first week but it's been getting better. Seeing the weight coming off helps a lot! I lost 5.8 the first week and it looks like I am down another 4+ but my official WI is after Xmas so we'll see how I hold up!

Have a very merry Xmas!
Welcome to you too!
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #23  

Merry Christmas Eve to all who celebrate! I just got home from WI and shopping b4 the stores got nutz.

Santa brought me an early Christmas present:
-3lbs today! I love that guy! My next official WI won't be til Jan 7, however, I'll weigh myself on Wed at my friend's house in FL so I can still track for the challenge. I'll either add or subtract to "sync" to his scale. (Basically, if his scale weighs heavy, I'll subtract when I weigh and if it weighs light I'll add when I weigh, using today's weight as my guide...scientific enuf for me!).

I'm really beginning to think I can be at my half-way point by New Years (I was afraid to put that weight as my goal for the New Years Challenge). That is 3 lbs away. I just can't believe it! And....wu, wu, wu, onederland is within sight...

Scorbett: Don't you just love that message from MFP? I put the weight it says on my calendar - 5 weeks out. Sometimes I surpass & sometimes I don't quite get there...but its all good! This week it says I'll be 4 lbs lighter by Thursday. Um...a small miss.
You will SO be at your goal by your BD! And so much to celebrate!

Nitney72: DH and I have Christmas with the outlaws tonite too. I think he is as excited about it as I am He and his sister had a falling out that is not rectified and tonite won't be the time to deal with it. So there will be the big, pink elephant in the room nobody talks about. Fun, fun! I'll just take deep breaths and channel the sunny FL beaches

pocahontas812: Gotta love those early Christmas presents! Congrats on -4 gone forever!

Hgamroth: Enjoy that new dehydrator & happy belated birthday!

bubbleblower: I, too, had a skeptical husband. He is beginning to be amazed that I'm still having 3 & 4 lb losses this far into the program but remains Man-of-few-words. After complaining to my (male) hairdresser, he helped me understand that DH loves me no matter what & doesn't want to seem like he only wants me if I'm thin. He said it's a tough line to walk for guys who want health and wellness for their wives but love them unconditionally. They don't want to say or do the wrong thing and in the process, say & do the wrong thing! Poor guys! Can't win!

I track on MFP too! Same user name. I did a HAPPY dance the first time it told me I'd be in onderland in 5 weeks. Now it looks like it might be when I get home from FL!!!

cnelson316: So glad you joined us! It took a LOT of strength to start a diet plan this time of the year. Good for you! What a jump-start you'll have on all those New Years dieters! And this way it isn't another resolution to break.
I read old threads for about a month before I even started IP. It was sooooo helpful, plus I kinda knew how the board worked & where to find things.
We will all look forward to that first weigh-in with you! Since it will be more than 7 days, look forward to a DOOZY! I think mine was 6 days and it was 8.2 lbs.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
Merry Christmas to all my friends at 3FC! You are my motivators and my life-line and for that I thank you! I've had an amazing week and look forward to a big loss tomorrow (WI day). 100% OP for me.

I'm excited to be picking my daughter up at the airport within a couple of hours. When that's done, I can say I'm ready for Christmas!

Best of the season to you all!
Same to you! You are looking great!

Last edited by Willi; 12-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #25  
Joined IP 6-26-12

Height: 4' 10"

Merry Christmas everyone. You are all my source of inspiration. Although I don't post often, I am a daily reader for your words of wisdom..The recipies and hints have been my lifesaver...
Old 12-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #26  

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

I feel ready to get on with it and so I can really just live life.

Mrskuby week one wasnt as bad as I thought it would be from what I had read, but I have started taking iodine and ala which seem to make me less interested in food and help my blood sugar. Congrats on your great losses so far, almost 10lbs!

I have to meet with some people about being the lead singer in their band in two weeks so I hopefully will be looking better.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas everyone! This year I have decided to look at IP (and being committed 100% no matter what) as my life-long gift to myself! The gift that keeps on giving if you let it! Woohoo! So excited
Closed Thread