Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #16  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
I got on the scale to weigh in this morning and am at 165!!!!!!!! That is 7 pounds gone in a week. I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! I have also passed my half-way mark and am able to wear my wedding ring again. My week has been full of victories WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's phenomenal!!! Nice work!

The only thing I'm regretting so far about being on IP is not starting sooner! One side note: While I was away, my husband and I were talking to another couple who are good friends of ours, and the guys were both commenting about what a bad time I picked to go on a diet, with the holidays and all. My female friend, though, immediately disagreed with them saying that I had picked the *perfect* time since it would be protection against gaining weight like everyone typically does over the holidays. I have to agree! I know I would have made completely different food choices over the last 4 days if I weren't on IP!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Where do you guys get the dancing carrots that you include in your postings?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Blah, 0 loss this week. At least I didn't gain! And I did lose 2 inches. So headed in the right direction, but it was my first 0 loss, and as you know can be a bit disappointing. I'm OK with it- makes me focus even more this week!
how many weeks have you been on ip and how much have you lost, what is your average loss?

do you workout with weights?

Last edited by sonyainva; 12-17-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #19  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Where do you guys get the dancing carrots that you include in your postings?
Go to advanced when you're replying and you'll see the smilies on the right side.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Go to advanced when you're replying and you'll see the smilies on the right side.
Thanks and so much more fun
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I saw a reply yesterday about the coffee. After an internet search, I think the source was for the cup of coffee you actually purchase AT DD, not the ground coffee at home. I did locate a blog post from someone who was extremely gluten sensitive who reacted to the flavoring but could not locate a nutrition label for the coffee package.
I was going to say the same thing - when you buy the pumpkin spice coffee from DD, they use a flavored sugar syrup, that's where the carbs come from. The flavored coffee grounds do not have carbs.

Quote:
The chocolate dream bars are also fairly high in fat and I think only have 10 grams protein, so I would use those sparingly. Also check the chili, that might be restricted to once or twice a week.
The WLS chili is actually unrestricted (12g carbs - 4g dietary fiber = 8g net carbs). But yes, I posted in the weekend thread that the Chocolate Dream bars actually have 68% total calories from fat, and the wafers are also over 30% total calories from fat.

Quote:
I got on the scale to weigh in this morning and am at 165!!!!!!!! That is 7 pounds gone in a week. I am doing the happy dance!!!!!!!! I have also passed my half-way mark and am able to wear my wedding ring again. My week has been full of victories WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOO HOOOOOO!!!!! That is amazing so far into the program!!! You are rockin this!

I've been going crazy the last few days, worked this weekend and somehow had to cram in baking orders, getting a Christmas tree, and visiting my in laws. We didn't get to everything, but the orders got out and I picked up an AMAZING tree from the local farm. It's 9 feet tall and because it was their last weekend to sell trees they only charged me 20 bucks! I think it's the biggest tree we've ever gotten. Can't wait to decorate it!!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #22  

I can't wait until I can get my own weight support ticker signature...

Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #23  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I can't wait until I can get my own weight support ticker signature...

Me too!! I'm doing the countdown for the countdown ticker!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #24  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Week 8 WI this morning and only down .5 lbs.....this is my first week with a loss of <2 lbs. I didn't cheat, but because of xmas shopping, not feeling well one day, and a big family party/dinner yesterday my eating schedule was really off. Two of the last 3 days I've eaten a combined lunch/dinner in the mid afternoon rather than a veggie lunch and then a veggie/lean protein dinner. This week I should be back on a regular schedule, except for next Saturday....not 1 but 2 parties to go to! Will be happy when the festivities are over.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #25  

sahmmommy- CONGRATS!!! that is exciting news!
BUBBLEBLOWER - great job on the out of town weight loss!
DRBLUE - the chili and the bar are both considered restricted on IP Maybe just using one whole packet instead of mixing packets? I would be willing to try anything to get unstuck. There's always boot camp if you get to the point of total frustration
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
sahmmommy- CONGRATS!!! that is exciting news!
BUBBLEBLOWER - great job on the out of town weight loss!
DRBLUE - the chili and the bar are both considered restricted on IP Maybe just using one whole packet instead of mixing packets? I would be willing to try anything to get unstuck. There's always boot camp if you get to the point of total frustration
Doctorblue is actually using alternative products, not IP
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post
I'm oh so very frustrated! My first seven weeks I lost 24.4#. This last seven weeks I've lost 5.4#.
You & I have exchanged a couple of PMs (before the re-post on today's daily) so I know you're adding the oil.
I suggested changing up your veggies more b/c our bodies can get used to what we're doing and sometimes we have to "trick" our bodies into losing again. We can't get stuck in ruts!
I had a bigger loss this week than I'd been having. I added more lettuce. Don't know if it is a coincidence or not but I'm throwing it out there....
One more thing...I've done your math...you are still at over 2 lbs/week overall...nothing to complain about! No other diet EVER did that for me!

The slowdown can be frustrating if we let it. Use it as an opportunity to make some changes...try some new foods, review carb counts and see if it makes a difference. THIS is where a (good) coach would come in handy but not just "any" coach. Some are surely better than others! Write down EVERY morsel, crumb, drop, (all spices, additions, etc). There would be a bunch of support on MFP as well, if you choose to track there...

Quote:
Yes. We. Can!

Quote:
A lot of what I've been doing over the last two weeks has to do with changing habits. I never would have pictured me sitting in the United Club at the airport in the past with a cup of tea vs. a glass of red wine. The real test will come over the holidays while I'm away for two weeks without a scale, but at least I feel better equipped now. And over the holidays I'll have my own kitchen to work in although we'll still be eating out in restaurants occasionally. We also throw a big Christmas Eve party, but at least I already know what the food is for that!
I'll be away for 2 weeks as well...no WI with the coach. I'll have access to a scale but it won't be the same scale. So...I'll weigh when I get there and I'll monitor while I'm there. And this friend has food issues as well. I think he's doing HCG right now so I'll be fine...
We can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Blah, 0 loss this week. At least I didn't gain! And I did lose 2 inches. So headed in the right direction, but it was my first 0 loss, and as you know can be a bit disappointing. I'm OK with it- makes me focus even more this week!
No complaints about weigh ins! Its all good! Yes, you are headed in the right direction...no more more blahs or disappointments! Only good thoughts! Nothing to cause stress, which increases the hormone cortisol, which blocks weight loss.

Sometimes the scale does not do what we want but the weight loss journey is more than the scale. There are measurements as well (and remember, they only measure select areas of the body...it could come off somewhere else).

Sometime there are even slight gains & IP even expects it at some point. Look at a LOT of our weekly weigh ins...we have 0 weeks or weeks with slight gains. Keep up the good work! You're doing great!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #28  

Quote:
Me too!! I'm doing the countdown for the countdown ticker!
I guess it's the small goals we set that keep us going
Old 12-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
That is amazing- Congratulations!! Did you do anything differently this week that lead to the 7 lbs?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Good Morning Ipeople. We have ALMOST made it through "food season". So many people are doing great especially considering it is the Holidays. If we can get through this and stay OP we will make it to goal!

Quote:
Woohoo! 7 lbs. That is SUPER. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Week 8 WI this morning and only down .5 lbs.....this is my first week with a loss of <2 lbs. I didn't cheat, but because of xmas shopping, not feeling well one day, and a big family party/dinner yesterday my eating schedule was really off. Two of the last 3 days I've eaten a combined lunch/dinner in the mid afternoon rather than a veggie lunch and then a veggie/lean protein dinner. This week I should be back on a regular schedule, except for next Saturday....not 1 but 2 parties to go to! Will be happy when the festivities are over.
I hear you on the parties. The first month on IP I would get really concerned about nights out and parties. I am in week 13 now and I don't even worry about it. I just know, I will prepare and most likely not have any food at parties and eat what I can at restaurants. I barely even have to think about it anymore. Good luck and congrats on not cheating.
Closed Thread