3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

On maintenance - should I do a P1 day today?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Back for a tweak
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 348

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default On maintenance - should I do a P1 day today?

I thought about posting in the maintainers thread but wanted to try to get some quicker opinions.

Today ends my first week on P4. I never did a full on cheat day but I had some little things here and there (couple of chocolates, a cookie), no high cal or high fat meals except one plate of pasta at a restaurant.

My weight is up half a pound which I'm not freaked out over. HOWEVER tomorrow I fly home for the holidays for 10 days and that I am a bit concerned about - the start of my Christmas vacation.

Would it be a good idea to do a P1 day today before the holidays start? I am planning to bring one day of IP food and do one P1 day while I'm there.

Thoughts?
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 453

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I thought about posting in the maintainers thread but wanted to try to get some quicker opinions.

Today ends my first week on P4. I never did a full on cheat day but I had some little things here and there (couple of chocolates, a cookie), no high cal or high fat meals except one plate of pasta at a restaurant.

My weight is up half a pound which I'm not freaked out over. HOWEVER tomorrow I fly home for the holidays for 10 days and that I am a bit concerned about - the start of my Christmas vacation.

Would it be a good idea to do a P1 day today before the holidays start? I am planning to bring one day of IP food and do one P1 day while I'm there.

Thoughts?
Congrats on getting to goal.

I would personally do a p1 today in preparation for the holidays. Also I would take more than one days worth of supply for the 10 day vacation. Remember to do things in moderation.

Enjoy. My 2 cents, I have a vacation coming up probably as I go into p4.
__________________
Sonya

WI#1 -7.2, WI#2 -0.8
WI#3 -3.6 WI#4 - 2.6
WI#5 +0.6 WI#6 -2.0
WI#7 -0.8 WI#8 -3.0
WI#9 -0.6 WI#10 -0
WI#11 -3.0 WI#12 -0.4
WI#13 +2.8 WI#14 +0.2
WI#15 -3.8 WI#16 -2.0
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Back for a tweak
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 348

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Congrats on getting to goal.

I would personally do a p1 today in preparation for the holidays. Also I would take more than one days worth of supply for the 10 day vacation. Remember to do things in moderation.

Enjoy. My 2 cents, I have a vacation coming up probably as I go into p4.
Hmmm if we are supposed to do one P1 day every week and I do one today and another one when I get back shouldn't one day while I'm gone be enough? I texted my Coach to double check too.

Thanks. :-)
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

If I read the maintenance plan correctly, you shouldn't need to do a P1 day BEFORE you go away - P1 is just the balancer for your "fun" day.
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Back for a tweak
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 348

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
If I read the maintenance plan correctly, you shouldn't need to do a P1 day BEFORE you go away - P1 is just the balancer for your "fun" day.
Yeah I hear ya but I guess I am feeling guilty about the pasta and the chocolates!!! I guess it's gonna take a while to get over that! My Coach said no need to do the P1 day today either. And yet I feel like I SHOULD. She said its more important to be careful while I'm there.

It's funny I thought I'd be all over maintenance - I never realized I'd be living with so much guilt! But I always said I'm powered by guilt LOL.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,767

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Yeah I hear ya but I guess I am feeling guilty about the pasta and the chocolates!!! I guess it's gonna take a while to get over that! My Coach said no need to do the P1 day today either. And yet I feel like I SHOULD. She said its more important to be careful while I'm there.

It's funny I thought I'd be all over maintenance - I never realized I'd be living with so much guilt! But I always said I'm powered by guilt LOL.
I'd follow your Coach's input. Like she said, probably more important to be careful while you're away, and if you then have full Fun Days to follow them with the P1 Day. Have a great holiday.
__________________
I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.

Last edited by evepet : 12-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 505 12-26-2012 06:22 PM
REACHED GOAL...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else? darbs7 Ideal Protein Diet 518 12-24-2012 12:42 AM
Omg I'm almost there! Exercise now??? 8isenough Ideal Protein Diet 14 12-03-2012 11:30 AM
Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a small reboot...anyone else? darbs7 Ideal Protein Diet 502 09-24-2012 06:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2