Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #76  

Good morning girls!

Well I feel like absolute crap. I am restarting TODAY. I woke up this morning with this revelation and suddenly felt it was right and it was time. I'm not waiting until the 27th as previously planned. I am cutting my break SHORT. I feel done with the break, have had some holiday goodies and I feel like crap! I am ready to feel energy again!!!!!! I love IP and I love how it makes me feel!! And these carbs make me feel sluggish, sore, tired, blech. So today I am going hard! Plus the scale says 266. Shoot. Not the direction I want it to go!!!!! So now I've reloaded my glycogen tank, I've gotta purge it yet and get back into ketosis!!

This feels right. Break officially over.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #77  

Height: magmeepEVE

Welcome back, Mompattie! Sorry you feel so ill from the carbs, but thank you for letting me know! That tells me I should really watch it, and not get all those carbs in. So it's helpful info.

Hope getting back to ketosis is easy for you!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #78  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

That was quick Mompattie! Welcome back
Old 12-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #79  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

ok all you beautiful ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish you all a fabulous week....and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
taking a lap top so might get some air time...but if not, know that you are all in my thoughts and THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT this past year!!

i am over the moon excited about the prospect of seeing some S.N.O.W.!!!!

VERMONT.......HERE I COME!!!! OK LITTLE MOOSEY MOOSES....I am gonna be looking for U!!!!

leaving 2nite...first stop....DC....then on to LADY LIBERTY!!!

see ya soon brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and mother nature...PLEASE KEEP SENDING THE SNOW TO VERMONT!!!

i'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #80  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

mompattie....i love you!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #81  

Height: magmeepEVE

Have a great time, Rainbow! I love Vermont! I have a VT sticker on my car that is sooooo old. Hope you get the snow and you get to wear that killer black dress too! Have a great holiday!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
mompattie....i love you!!!
Right back at ya babe!!! Merry Christmas Rainbow and have an amazing wonderful holiday!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #83  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Mompattie - so glad you'ved decided on your own to get back on the plan earlier than anticipated. You got this! It's amazing how quickly some foods can make us not feel so good, and troubling to think we let ourselves feel that way for so long. No more!

Rainbow, have a wonderful trip! We are right in the middle of a blizzard (10-14" forecast today), so we are guaranteed a white Christmas.

Liz - Great job on the half-marathon, you're an inspiration! It's great to know that P1 is always there when we need it. Such a simple program - LOVE!

The scale continues to move in the right direction. According to my scale at home, I'm just about half-way to goal.

I saw my Mom and Dad for the first time last night since I've lost all this weight, and they were just so surprised, amazed and happy for my success. "What a transformation!" It was exciting :-)

Happy Holidays to all my IP friends. May you have wonderful time with family and friends, and get ready to rock 2013!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #84  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Wow, can I just say how awesome it is to see Cadu is back! I am so happy to see her back, even with life 'hiccups' we are all here for each other. I plan on sticking with you IPeeps for a loooooong time. One of the traits of successful maintenance is community, and this is more like family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
The travel saga continues. I've now been in Calgary airport 2 1/2 hours longer than I should have been and there is another hour 15 to go for the current predicted take-off. I ended up leaving security and found roasted chicken with mushrooms for dinner. Then I spoiled myself with a 15-minute chair massage and 15-minute oxygen therapy session. So at least now I'm fed, relaxed, energized by the oxygen and spending time on 3FC using free Wifi. Got to make the best of an uncontrollable situation.
Kitkat, sounds like you turned chicken-$h!t into chicken salad! I loooove those chair massages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Good morning girls!

Lol...that was short! I must say, it's amazing how Bad you feel eating Bad Food...love you beautiful lady, enjoy your healthy holiday season to the fullest! Really brings out how you really are what you eat...

Last edited by LizRR; 12-20-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #85  

Okay, any thoughts of quitting early are out the window (I didn't have them now but you never know what a few more months could bring).
I want to feel great, greater, greatest! Any foods that make me feel otherwise are out. I just can't take it anymore (the feeling bad like I did before IP)

Thanks Mompattie and others for sharing your experience.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #86  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Okay, any thoughts of quitting early are out the window (I didn't have them now but you never know what a few more months could bring).
I want to feel great, greater, greatest! Any foods that make me feel otherwise are out. I just can't take it anymore (the feeling bad like I did before IP)

Thanks Mompattie and others for sharing your experience.
Good decision!!!..stay focused!!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #87  

mompattie - I didn't get a chance to say that I will certainly support you while you phase off because you are back!! Way to go GF, you are an inspiration for me!

Rainbow- enjoy the snow. If you don't get enough of it you can always come back to Nova Scotia. We have our share now!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #88  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Good morning girls!

Well I feel like absolute crap. I am restarting TODAY. I woke up this morning with this revelation and suddenly felt it was right and it was time. I'm not waiting until the 27th as previously planned. I am cutting my break SHORT. I feel done with the break, have had some holiday goodies and I feel like crap! I am ready to feel energy again!!!!!! I love IP and I love how it makes me feel!! And these carbs make me feel sluggish, sore, tired, blech. So today I am going hard! Plus the scale says 266. Shoot. Not the direction I want it to go!!!!! So now I've reloaded my glycogen tank, I've gotta purge it yet and get back into ketosis!!

You got it! Congrats on the break lesson learned and recommitting back a bit early. I told my coach just before leaving on holidays that I may have troubles staying 100% but my planned cheats are eating extra vegetables (IP approved ones). So if you need to give in still over the holidays maybe that is an option for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
ok all you beautiful ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wish you all a fabulous week....and a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
taking a lap top so might get some air time...but if not, know that you are all in my thoughts and THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT this past year!!

i am over the moon excited about the prospect of seeing some S.N.O.W.!!!!

VERMONT.......HERE I COME!!!! OK LITTLE MOOSEY MOOSES....I am gonna be looking for U!!!!

leaving 2nite...first stop....DC....then on to LADY LIBERTY!!!

see ya soon brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and mother nature...PLEASE KEEP SENDING THE SNOW TO VERMONT!!!

i'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!!!!
Have a great trip Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Kitkat, sounds like you turned chicken-$h!t into chicken salad! I loooove those chair massages....
I love the way you put things!

I finally arrived in Vancouver 4 hours later than planned but safe and sound. They aren't used to snow so it is funny to hear how the city shuts down. However they had high winds too so that didn't help. Today I settled in at my mom's, shopped for vegetables and I'm now making dinner. It is easier to stay OP when I take control of the food! I had an easy shopping trip to finish my Christmas shopping: we don't buy gifts in my family but instead we are making school kits to donate to MCC for missions. Last year I had to search several stores for the items on my list but this year they had enough in stock at the first store I went to. So now it's time to sit back and enjoy the visiting.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good morning girls!

So glad your back!! Hope for your weightloss to get a good kickstart!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 12-20-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Wow, can I just say how awesome it is to see Cadu is back! I am so happy to see her back, even with life 'hiccups' we are all here for each other. I plan on sticking with you IPeeps for a loooooong time. One of the traits of successful maintenance is community, and this is more like family.

Kitkat, sounds like you turned chicken-$h!t into chicken salad! I loooove those chair massages...

Lol...that was short! I must say, it's amazing how Bad you feel eating Bad Food...love you beautiful lady, enjoy your healthy holiday season to the fullest! Really brings out how you really are what you eat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
You got it! Congrats on the break lesson learned and recommitting back a bit early. I told my coach just before leaving on holidays that I may have troubles staying 100% but my planned cheats are eating extra vegetables (IP approved ones). So if you need to give in still over the holidays maybe that is an option for you.

Have a great trip Rainbow!

I love the way you put things!

I finally arrived in Vancouver 4 hours later than planned but safe and sound. They aren't used to snow so it is funny to hear how the city shuts down. However they had high winds too so that didn't help. Today I settled in at my mom's, shopped for vegetables and I'm now making dinner. It is easier to stay OP when I take control of the food! I had an easy shopping trip to finish my Christmas shopping: we don't buy gifts in my family but instead we are making school kits to donate to MCC for missions. Last year I had to search several stores for the items on my list but this year they had enough in stock at the first store I went to. So now it's time to sit back and enjoy the visiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
So glad your back!! Hope for your weightloss to get a good kickstart!
Thanks guys!!!!! Love ya right back!!! It's awesome to see Cadu back! I love and need this forum and all you guys! We're here for each other, through thick and thin! I'm excited for tomorrow's my last day of work before Christmas! I'm ready for a break! Planning veggies and washing salad to tote along!
Closed Thread