Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat-Sun. Dec 15-16, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #2  

Lisa- your 120 day picture is fabulous! Also, love the red pants you were wearing in another thread!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 AM   #3  

My son is home from college. I hugged and hugged him....he's still my baby....now it feels like the holidays.
My prayer for the holiday season is peace in this world
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
My son is home from college. I hugged and hugged him....he's still my baby....now it feels like the holidays.
My prayer for the holiday season is peace in this world
Old 12-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone! I've been seeing lots of great losses and NSV's from everyone! Let's keep it up

Finishing up the last little bit of xmas shopping today while the kids play. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

I didn't get everything done yesterday but I made SOLID progress.

I have a luncheon today for a program for "at risk" young women. These girls do not have high school diplomas but are working on their GED's and need support from as many positive areas as they can get. I am thrilled that they invited me and want my life story. The director thinks I will be inspriation to these gals. We've talked about my weight loss too and she'd like me to add comments about how much better I feel now that I'm eating well. Most of the girls are at or below the poverty level and they are overweight and in need of self esteem.

I'm really excited about life right now- I feel great, I'm looking better and I'm happy.

Good stuff.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Lisa- your 120 day picture is fabulous! Also, love the red pants you were wearing in another thread!
Thanks Willi!

So, yesterday, I was at a work-related holiday luncheon. (I refer to these as forced-fun because it was paired with a staff meeting so it was non-negotiable.)

Everyone paid $5 for catered food plus some people pitched in for additional dishes AND
EACH PERSON brought a dessert (holy over-dessert exposure Batman!). I brought my lunch.

So, the person sitting next to me decided to take it upon herself to be concerned about what I was eating. She kept telling me I HAD to eat. I
was eating. I was eating the marinated cukes I brought, along with my 4-resticted mixture (.25 each of SW curls, white cheddar, salt/vinegar, and dill zippers). What I SHOULD have also brought was something sweet -with all those desserts looming. I could have saved one of my breakfast muffins - I had 6! I also should have brought a salad...it would have "looked like" more food to the unknowing.

Anyway:
You
have to eat!
This is the season for
good food!
There are healthy things up there.
And on & on.
Nobody else at the table seemed to care one bit. They were all consumed with overindulging.

When she finished eating: You really missed out. That salad was great and healthy and would have been FINE for a weight loss diet!
(It had ramen noodles and an unknown dressing, so no, not really)

What I forgot to say: I'm on a medically supervised plan. Thanks for your input but I'm following the plan to the letter.

I need to practice this when I'm NOT being confronted so I'm ready for the difficult times.

Instead, I didn't say much, so as not to offend.
I just told her I was eating just what I wanted and I was fine.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks Willi!

So, yesterday, I was at a work-related holiday luncheon. (I refer to these as forced-fun because it was paired with a staff meeting so it was non-negotiable.)

Everyone paid $5 for catered food plus some people pitched in for additional dishes AND
EACH PERSON brought a dessert (holy over-dessert exposure Batman!). I brought my lunch.

So, the person sitting next to me decided to take it upon herself to be concerned about what I was eating. She kept telling me I HAD to eat. I
was eating. I was eating the marinated cukes I brought, along with my 4-resticted mixture (.25 each of SW curls, white cheddar, salt/vinegar, and dill zippers). What I SHOULD have also brought was something sweet -with all those desserts looming. I could have saved one of my breakfast muffins - I had 6! I also should have brought a salad...it would have "looked like" more food to the unknowing.

Anyway:
You
have to eat!
This is the season for
good food!
There are healthy things up there.
And on & on.
Nobody else at the table seemed to care one bit. They were all consumed with overindulging.

When she finished eating: You really missed out. That salad was great and healthy and would have been FINE for a weight loss diet!
(It had ramen noodles and an unknown dressing, so no, not really)

What I forgot to say: I'm on a medically supervised plan. Thanks for your input but I'm following the plan to the letter.

I need to practice this when I'm NOT being confronted so I'm ready for the difficult times.

Instead, I didn't say much, so as not to offend.
I just told her I was eating just what I wanted and I was fine.
What a $%&@$!!! That would have infuriated me. Way to be strong!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #9  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Awoke with a migraine this morning, focused around my left eye. Realized that this is my first migraine since starting IP just about 8 weeks ago. Wondering if there are any other migraine sufferers out there who have noticed a reduction in the frequency of their migraines while on IP.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Awoke with a migraine this morning, focused around my left eye. Realized that this is my first migraine since starting IP just about 8 weeks ago. Wondering if there are any other migraine sufferers out there who have noticed a reduction in the frequency of their migraines while on IP.
I used to suffer from migraines, maybe 1 a month. Since starting IP, NO MIGRAINES!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
What a $%&@$!!! That would have infuriated me. Way to be strong!
Way to be strong. Be proud of your accomplishments and tell them so!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 171/162.5/130

Height: 5'2

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do the maintenance on Ideal Protein? Thinking of just maintaining for the holidays the next 2 weeks
Old 12-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #13  

After my great 1st WI yesterday I treated myself to a great steak and steamed broccoli last night...yummm
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 171/162.5/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingit2013 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do the maintenance on Ideal Protein? Thinking of just maintaining for the holidays the next 2 weeks
Ignore this, I just found my answer in the stickies...sorry
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #15  

I think today will be my first big test...headed to Movies with the smell of popcorn in the air..LOL
Closed Thread