Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! So glad my weekend challenges are over. Nothing special planned for today. Keeping on plan should be a lot easier today.

Hoping everyone has a good, non-stressful, OP day!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I've only had one migraine in the 4 months I've been on IP. It's been wonderful, I used to have 1 or 2 a month.

I don't normally post on the weekend, BUT...I FINALLY met my 3rd mini-goal. This was the hardest one so far! But I can officially say that I am at the lowest weight I have been since my youngest son was born...almost 9 years ago!! I am so darn happy today! Now off to face the mall
Congrats Bella!!! Hope the mall was not too crazy.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoopie View Post
Feeling so good! Just got back from a tailgate party at a big football game. I took a big salad with chicken and my dressing. Drank water. Actually, felt very comfortable with the whole thing. And now I am home and I have no guilt!

PS -- We won the state title! Woo Hoo!
Good for you! Ip does an amazing job with cravings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I've come down with one of those nasty head-colds...you know the type...stuffy nose, achy sinuses, chapped lips and dehydrated no matter how much water you drink.

I was wondering if its common to gain during a time like this. My scale is inching up this week even though I'm 100% OP.
Hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I met a friend today after not seeing her for 2 months. I noticed she had lost a good amount of weight even though she had a good amount more to loose. I remembered all the posts from folks who were upset that people didn't notice their weight loss, so I asked her about it. It seems she had been on medication that had made her gain the weight, and now she is off the medication so the weight is coming off on its own. She was even eating fried chicken and a piece of cake and a couple of cookies. (Sigh)
Remember we are also resetting our pancreas so that our bodies respond better in p4.

Thinking of going to Marshall's for some shopping, burn calories and take mind off food.

Last edited by sonyainva; 12-16-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well I made it through the movies (Hobbit) with no cravings for popcorn. Luckily it was a dinner theater and I had a salad with chicken - salsa on the side

Cognrat AITX!!! that's quite an accomplishment!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #50  

So glad this is such a positive group of people becuz I need your support. My surgery is on Wednesday and my emotions are all over the place. The dr said to just maintain and don't lose until January. Well of course I'm too stubborn and have been 100%OP. This weekend everything changed and I want to eat everything in site using the excuse that the dr said to maintain. I have been good and staying OP but it is so hard. I'm not in the Christmas spirit trying to rush and get everything done ASAP. Just in a ho-hum mood. Oh, also this is the first Christmas without my mom. She died in the spring.....feeling overwhelmed
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
So glad this is such a positive group of people becuz I need your support. My surgery is on Wednesday and my emotions are all over the place. The dr said to just maintain and don't lose until January. Well of course I'm too stubborn and have been 100%OP. This weekend everything changed and I want to eat everything in site using the excuse that the dr said to maintain. I have been good and staying OP but it is so hard. I'm not in the Christmas spirit trying to rush and get everything done ASAP. Just in a ho-hum mood. Oh, also this is the first Christmas without my mom. She died in the spring.....feeling overwhelmed
Maezy, so sorry for all you are going through. You have done great! Of course, you need to follow your doctors recommendation to maintain. The body takes a lot of energy to heal after surgery. I remember when I broke my leg, I googled and found a lot of information on nutrition during healing. There is a lot of good advice out there. You should check it out, a lot of things that are not good for us really slow down bone/joint healing. You are going to get past this surgery and heal. You have done so well, you will get back on plan 100% when you are able to do that. Sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed. I don't have much advice for you, but wanted to give you a pat on the back.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Food is what we have used to dull all of our feelings or to make us feel better. Now we are learning to go through life "clean". It is so hard no matter what the feelin is! The first year of "firsts" after losing a parent is also hard
I gained a bunch of weight after losing my dad over 2 years ago. I didn't have IP or this kind of support then.

Have you talked to your coach about switching to P2 up to / after surgery for a short while? You eat more food but the premise is the same.

Wishing you well.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #53  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Food is what we have used to dull all of our feelings or to make us feel better. Now we are learning to go through life "clean". It is so hard no matter what the feelin is! The first year of "firsts" after losing a parent is also hard
I gained a bunch of weight after losing my dad over 2 years ago. I didn't have IP or this kind of support then.

Have you talked to your coach about switching to P2 up to / after surgery for a short while? You eat more food but the premise is the same.

Wishing you well.
good morning lisa!!! hope you are having a beautiful weekend!!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Congrats to you, Bella, and to all the other successes earlier this weekend.

Hugs to you, Maezy, you are going through a lot right now. Hang in there, it will get better.

My WI week 10: -1.4 lbs (Pre-TOM, so it includes some extra water weight, too)

Everyone have a safe and happy Sunday!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoopie View Post
Feeling so good! Just got back from a tailgate party at a big football game. I took a big salad with chicken and my dressing. Drank water. Actually, felt very comfortable with the whole thing. And now I am home and I have no guilt!

PS -- We won the state title! Woo Hoo!
Congratulations! Eating well feels good!

for everyone working on their mini goals over Christmas! 2013 is coming with lots weight loss and at goals for all of us!

Have a GREAT day everyone!!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Wink

Hi everyone!!! Long time, no post (almost 1 month)! Just a little update, I started training to run a 5k. I ran my first competitive race last weekend and was so moved by what my body can now do thanks to IP that I cried!!!

I've been in Phase 2 for two weeks and am preparing to go to P3 on Tuesaday. I am nervous/excited/anxious! I actually have to think about carbs and fat now which is the scariest part. Due to all the counting, I imagine a 10 hour grocery shopping trip to pick out my breakfast foods!

Thank you to everyone for your support! With your support, I reached a goal I never thought I could!!! Stick to the program (no matter what others say)....I'm proof that IT WORKS!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'3

Praying for you maezy!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #58  

Height: 5'8

up 5 lbs in a day....really?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #59  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticiabean View Post
Hi everyone!!! Long time, no post (almost 1 month)! Just a little update, I started training to run a 5k. I ran my first competitive race last weekend and was so moved by what my body can now do thanks to IP that I cried!!!

I've been in Phase 2 for two weeks and am preparing to go to P3 on Tuesaday. I am nervous/excited/anxious! I actually have to think about carbs and fat now which is the scariest part. Due to all the counting, I imagine a 10 hour grocery shopping trip to pick out my breakfast foods!

Thank you to everyone for your support! With your support, I reached a goal I never thought I could!!! Stick to the program (no matter what others say)....I'm proof that IT WORKS!
It is GREAt that you are running and training. The active lifestyle will become something that you will never want to live without. (And maintaining a lean body will help you accomplish your goals). Congrats on your great success with IP and thank you for posting. Today you are my inspiration!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
up 5 lbs in a day....really?
Oh my!
Proof the scale doesn't tell the whole story.
Water weight, hormonal fluctuations, what we ate yesterday, and more all can affect the scale
Rest assured it is NOT 5 lbs of fat!
Drink a LOT of water today and see what another day holds.
I'm not a daily weigher. It stresses me out too much.
Closed Thread