Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #31  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Finally hit the 20 post mark and created a ticker!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks Willi!

So, yesterday, I was at a work-related holiday luncheon. (I refer to these as forced-fun because it was paired with a staff meeting so it was non-negotiable.)

Everyone paid $5 for catered food plus some people pitched in for additional dishes AND
EACH PERSON brought a dessert (holy over-dessert exposure Batman!). I brought my lunch.

So, the person sitting next to me decided to take it upon herself to be concerned about what I was eating. She kept telling me I HAD to eat. I
was eating. I was eating the marinated cukes I brought, along with my 4-resticted mixture (.25 each of SW curls, white cheddar, salt/vinegar, and dill zippers). What I SHOULD have also brought was something sweet -with all those desserts looming. I could have saved one of my breakfast muffins - I had 6! I also should have brought a salad...it would have "looked like" more food to the unknowing.

Anyway:
You
have to eat!
This is the season for
good food!
There are healthy things up there.
And on & on.
Nobody else at the table seemed to care one bit. They were all consumed with overindulging.

When she finished eating: You really missed out. That salad was great and healthy and would have been FINE for a weight loss diet!
(It had ramen noodles and an unknown dressing, so no, not really)

What I forgot to say: I'm on a medically supervised plan. Thanks for your input but I'm following the plan to the letter.

I need to practice this when I'm NOT being confronted so I'm ready for the difficult times.

Instead, I didn't say much, so as not to offend.
I just told her I was eating just what I wanted and I was fine.
Why do other people care so much?? She probably felt guilty about her own indulging and needed someone to help justify it.

I tell people I am dong Ideal Protein and now they are starting to ask about it. A good friend of mine is insisting on having lap bang surgery in February. She was just going on and on how there were all these wonderful treats at her office and how she was going to eat them. I just want to say to her, NO because with that mind set, the lap band won't be the answer!!

IMO we have to treat our eating habits the way an alcoholic would learn to deal without alcohol. The changes we are making now are for life.

Great job!!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
I rarely go to the movies, generally waiting til they come out on DVD. But the Hobbit is one my husband and I are definitely going to see on the big screen. Can't wait! Absolutely love popcorn, but I'm confident that I won't cave and buy any on the way in....it just isn't worth it in the long run. And of course, my husband will have to go without too......no point in really torturing myself.....
I worked in the movie biz for so long, well in the theatre biz I should say, I HATE going to the movies, esp a Friday or Sat night when it's crowded.

Popcorn is my weakness and now that you can put the fake greasy stuff on yourself, well I was a Happy and messy girl!!!

I like getting a movie On Demand and watching in peace with my hubby. It's rare we go to the movies now, only to bring our daughter.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I'm glad you have such good eating companions. I had a very different experience eating out last night. We were meeting friends that we hadn't seen for maybe two months. I saw them come in to the door so I got up to meet them. My friend looked directly at me and then looked around the room. I caught her eye and waved. She smiled but didn't show any recognition until I got close. When they sat down and we had our pleasantries they commented on my weight loss. I just casually turned the conversation back on to them that they look great etc. Then when we ordered I was the only one with my menu closed so the waitress took my order first; steak, steamed veggies, salad no dressing. My husband ordered the same but with dressing on the side and then both our guests ordered exactly what I ordered. We have NEVER ordered all the same meal before. They told me later they think the healthy eating just looked so good on me they wanted to try it too and they very much enjoyed their meal.
Wow! They didn't recognize you! Quite the shock for all!
And how nice for everyone to support you. I wonder if they knew they could have ordered anything they wanted and it wouldn't have bothered you?

I was out with friends last nite and actually ordered a burger...and made a restaurant version of Big Mac in a bowl. When I told my friends I ordered a burger, they "high fived" me...last time I was out with these friends, I was quite picky!

We haven't seen these friends since Thanksgiving & they were suprised the difference since then. I am too. I LOVE Ideal Protein. Some days I want to shout it to the world!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Thanks Willi!

So, yesterday, I was at a work-related holiday luncheon. (I refer to these as forced-fun because it was paired with a staff meeting so it was non-negotiable.)

Everyone paid $5 for catered food plus some people pitched in for additional dishes AND
EACH PERSON brought a dessert (holy over-dessert exposure Batman!). I brought my lunch.

So, the person sitting next to me decided to take it upon herself to be concerned about what I was eating. She kept telling me I HAD to eat. I
was eating. I was eating the marinated cukes I brought, along with my 4-resticted mixture (.25 each of SW curls, white cheddar, salt/vinegar, and dill zippers). What I SHOULD have also brought was something sweet -with all those desserts looming. I could have saved one of my breakfast muffins - I had 6! I also should have brought a salad...it would have "looked like" more food to the unknowing.

Anyway:
You
have to eat!
This is the season for
good food!
There are healthy things up there.
And on & on.
Nobody else at the table seemed to care one bit. They were all consumed with overindulging.

When she finished eating: You really missed out. That salad was great and healthy and would have been FINE for a weight loss diet!
(It had ramen noodles and an unknown dressing, so no, not really)

What I forgot to say: I'm on a medically supervised plan. Thanks for your input but I'm following the plan to the letter.

I need to practice this when I'm NOT being confronted so I'm ready for the difficult times.

Instead, I didn't say much, so as not to offend.
I just told her I was eating just what I wanted and I was fine.
Lisa way to be strong. I faced something like this last wednesday and I caved in. But later I call the "friends" and told them if they had been on a diet I would have helped them stay on course not tempt them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I've only had one migraine in the 4 months I've been on IP. It's been wonderful, I used to have 1 or 2 a month.

I don't normally post on the weekend, BUT...I FINALLY met my 3rd mini-goal. This was the hardest one so far! But I can officially say that I am at the lowest weight I have been since my youngest son was born...almost 9 years ago!! I am so darn happy today! Now off to face the mall

Bella, congrats on not having as many migraines. Congrats on getting to your weight 9 years ago, doesn't it feel great. So happy for you.

Day 3 of 28 on being 100 % OP.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #36  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Finally hit the 20 post mark and created a ticker!
Congrats on your accomplishment
Old 12-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #37  

Well I made it through the movies (Hobbit) with no cravings for popcorn. Luckily it was a dinner theater and I had a salad with chicken - salsa on the side
Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well I made it through the movies (Hobbit) with no cravings for popcorn. Luckily it was a dinner theater and I had a salad with chicken - salsa on the side
Great job, you got this
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Great job, you got this
Thanks Sonya...I'm learning the ropes!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Wow! They didn't recognize you! Quite the shock for all!
And how nice for everyone to support you. I wonder if they knew they could have ordered anything they wanted and it wouldn't have bothered you?

I was out with friends last nite and actually ordered a burger...and made a restaurant version of Big Mac in a bowl. When I told my friends I ordered a burger, they "high fived" me...last time I was out with these friends, I was quite picky!

We haven't seen these friends since Thanksgiving & they were suprised the difference since then. I am too. I LOVE Ideal Protein. Some days I want to shout it to the world!
Me too! I LOVE IP!

I don't think they were as concerned with it bothering me. They still had their drinks! There seems to be a shift all around me of healthier living. My sister's family caught it from her husband's cousin; that influence my sister's three siblings; and now is interesting our friends...Does IP even advertise? Do they need too?...
Old 12-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I'm glad you have such good eating companions. I had a very different experience eating out last night. We were meeting friends that we hadn't seen for maybe two months. I saw them come in to the door so I got up to meet them. My friend looked directly at me and then looked around the room. I caught her eye and waved. She smiled but didn't show any recognition until I got close. When they sat down and we had our pleasantries they commented on my weight loss. I just casually turned the conversation back on to them that they look great etc. Then when we ordered I was the only one with my menu closed so the waitress took my order first; steak, steamed veggies, salad no dressing. My husband ordered the same but with dressing on the side and then both our guests ordered exactly what I ordered. We have NEVER ordered all the same meal before. They told me later they think the healthy eating just looked so good on me they wanted to try it too and they very much enjoyed their meal.

lisa32989 - I wish you a more understanding lunch companion next time.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
VERY COOL!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Default A Win-Win day

Feeling so good! Just got back from a tailgate party at a big football game. I took a big salad with chicken and my dressing. Drank water. Actually, felt very comfortable with the whole thing. And now I am home and I have no guilt!

PS -- We won the state title! Woo Hoo!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

I've come down with one of those nasty head-colds...you know the type...stuffy nose, achy sinuses, chapped lips and dehydrated no matter how much water you drink.

I was wondering if its common to gain during a time like this. My scale is inching up this week even though I'm 100% OP.

Last edited by Minch; 12-15-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
I've come down with one of those nasty head-colds...you know the type...stuffy nose, achy sinuses, chapped lips and dehydrated no matter how much water you drink.

I was wondering if its common to gain during a time like this. My scale is inching up this week even though I'm 100% OP.
Yes, it happened to me too. Don't worry, it will come off! Feel better soon
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #45  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I met a friend today after not seeing her for 2 months. I noticed she had lost a good amount of weight even though she had a good amount more to loose. I remembered all the posts from folks who were upset that people didn't notice their weight loss, so I asked her about it. It seems she had been on medication that had made her gain the weight, and now she is off the medication so the weight is coming off on its own. She was even eating fried chicken and a piece of cake and a couple of cookies. (Sigh)
Closed Thread