3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Christmas Gift - So NOT IP friendly! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/271505-christmas-gift-so-not-ip-friendly.html)

Calisto 12-14-2012 05:25 PM

Christmas Gift - So NOT IP friendly!

So my MIL (mother in law) who we have an okay relationship with, but she never really listens to us. She lives in CA we live in IA and see her once or twice a year. She used to live in MI and saw her about the same.

Anyway I won't get into our relationship with her but she always gives us a guilt trip that we can't drag our 4 kids out to see them more.

She knows we are doing IP but hasn't said a lot about it. Today we get her Christmas present from Harry & Davids!!

Love some of their stuff but so NOT IP Friendly! She spent a pretty penny on it I am sure too. Of course my kids are all sniffing around it lol...

Do we just say thanks. Or do you say, thanks hopefully it will keep till we are off IP? lol

I just don't get her. She usually asks what we want, but this year she took it into her own hands. lol

Oh well... maybe I will hide a few things from the kids that will keep and eat it when I lost another 78 lbs.

tightwad 12-14-2012 05:36 PM

Graciously say thanks and tell her it looks very delicious and you can't wait to try it.

Try not to mention that the roads run in both directions when she gives a guilt trip about not visiting more....

Calisto 12-14-2012 05:52 PM

Thanks!

southern 12-14-2012 05:54 PM

say thanks and keep it moving.
christmas isn't about gifts or ip

Misti in Seattle 12-14-2012 07:07 PM

Definitely say thanks and be gracious. If you can't enjoy it, I am sure you have plenty of friends who would be thrilled to get it.

FutureFitChick 12-14-2012 07:26 PM

You could just play the "politician" card and assume it is a gift from a lobbyist. (They are supposed to donate such gifts to charity.) ;)

Calisto 12-14-2012 07:53 PM

My husband (it's his mom) wanted to regift it back to her lol...

Kids are eating the stuff for dinner tonight, they are excited....

lisa32989 12-15-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calisto (Post 4556979)
My husband (it's his mom) wanted to regift it back to her lol...

Kids are eating the stuff for dinner tonight, they are excited....

Dale Carnegie said not to criticize condemn nor complain (so HARD! Lifetime of practice!)
So, reframe: Thank you for the lovely gift, the children are enjoying it immensely (while we stick to our plan to re-gain our health and well-being)

Parenthesis are for thinking and not saying!

Calisto 12-15-2012 06:22 PM

Thanks Lisa, I was afraid if I said something like "Thank you for the lovely gift, the children are enjoying it immensely" She would get upset.... but others have told me to say that to her as well.

Josiee 12-15-2012 06:26 PM

Or just say thanks for the gift, the kids have already got into it.