Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Home of the 100% Vol 17

Well y'all its time for another edition of the Home of the 100% OP. It is with great pride that I open a new thread for all of us who are staying 100%, either strictly IP or otherwise. Its all about getting healthy, making changes and accepting ourselves and our bodies. You can always get help here no matter what you are looking for usually. But if you want support, encouragement and words of wisdom, stick around I am sure there will be some spread around. Good luck to everyone, and EVERYONE is welcome!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Thanks for the advice Wuv. I should have known that you would say that and I think deep down I knew it too. I am just looking forward to getting on with the rest of my life. And having a few drinks t Christmas time /NYE would have been nice.

I think I speak for us all when I say we really appreciate your support and tough Wuv.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
Thanks for the advice Wuv. I should have known that you would say that and I think deep down I knew it too. I am just looking forward to getting on with the rest of my life. And having a few drinks t Christmas time /NYE would have been nice.

I think I speak for us all when I say we really appreciate your support and tough Wuv.
You are welcome, you know me, its all or nothing, no stopping til the end. Its the ONLY way for me! Sometimes it just takes someone to say it for it to sink in ya know? Those drinks will be there next year, I can promise you that
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I was going to comment on the last thread - but they all talked me off the same ledge a few weeks back when I was thinking about phasing off before Thanksgiving. I am SO glad that I decided to push through, at the rate I'm going I will be at my goal weight long before my birthday in January! The food and drink will be there for years to come, one holiday of being on plan won't kill me - and I will get to goal that much sooner. Yes, there are some people who may be able to hop on and off program - but I came to the point where the possiblity that I would have more trouble if I phased off then tried to pick it back up again was NOT worth it. Who really WANTS to go through the Week 1 torture of P1 all over again? Not me!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #5  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

This reminds me of the year I was sick and had to stay home on New Years Eve while my friends were on a party boat cruising the Potomac. I was terribly disappointed, but my thoughts were on my friends and how much laughter and cheer I was missing out on. If you stay with IP over the holidays, you still get the laughter and cheer, and you get to be the designated driver to boot!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

You ladies are so inspiring.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Scorbett - we earlier had a discussion about eating every 4 hours and whether it's recommended.

watched dr oz last night by fluke, and he had a dr talk hormones. she suggested we eat within 90 minutes of waking up, and every 3 to 4 hours so that our hormones stay balanced

taped that show, it was all about melting fat through hormonal changes.

they talked about how taking 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon balances the insulin response within a month!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

wuv....thanks for the new thread...and love your new avatar...you are looking younger and happier!! and almost to goal now!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

WOW 17!!!! It was only in Jan that we started with the first one!!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
WOW 17!!!! It was only in Jan that we started with the first one!!
Yup!!....good to SEE you Ishbel!!...beautiful!

Thanks Rainbow
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
You ladies are so inspiring.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Scorbett - we earlier had a discussion about eating every 4 hours and whether it's recommended.

watched dr oz last night by fluke, and he had a dr talk hormones. she suggested we eat within 90 minutes of waking up, and every 3 to 4 hours so that our hormones stay balanced

taped that show, it was all about melting fat through hormonal changes.

they talked about how taking 1 to 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon balances the insulin response within a month!
I will have to watch it - and I TOTALLY agree that on a conventional diet (where we are eating foods that require insulin responses all day) it definitely is more balancing to eat at regular intervals. IP is a bit of a different story though - I would be interested to know if the studies included ketogenic diets as well as regular diets!

Cinnamon is HUGE with blood sugar regulation, so is mustard!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I have been lurking a great deal lately. My rural Internet sucks. Getting new provider tomorrow so hopefully this will post. It is so frustrating. So I hope you all accepts big congrats for all your successes - well if this actually goes thru. Hahaha!

Being 100% was hard this last weekend. It was a family eatingfest with kids and snacks and yummy food all the time. Love to spoil them, hate to run away and clean the kitchen so I don't "accidentally" eat a cookie, etc

But I was rewarded with a 4lb loss in two weeks with 5.5 inches to boot. Lots of NSVs of clothing changes and clearance sales in size large.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I have been lurking a great deal lately. My rural Internet sucks. Getting new provider tomorrow so hopefully this will post. It is so frustrating. So I hope you all accepts big congrats for all your successes - well if this actually goes thru. Hahaha!

Being 100% was hard this last weekend. It was a family eatingfest with kids and snacks and yummy food all the time. Love to spoil them, hate to run away and clean the kitchen so I don't "accidentally" eat a cookie, etc

But I was rewarded with a 4lb loss in two weeks with 5.5 inches to boot. Lots of NSVs of clothing changes and clearance sales in size large.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
That is fabulous! You really have to be conscious of what you are doing, I noticed yesterday. I haven't been really tempted to cheat so far, but it's the mindless things. I was shocked at myself yesterday when I was walking past a bag of Doritos my son and husband were inhaling (LOL) and my first thought was to reach in the bag and grab a handful on my way out the door. I didn't even think really, it was just like a habit! Of course I didn't, but it was a weird feeling to me. I hope this makes sense. Ha ha

Hope everyone is having a great 100% day
Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

You are so right about the unthought movements to food. I went on the diet and my DH and DS don't get chips at home anymore. Haha! Glad they were good with that. I wouldn't be able to stay home if a football game was on.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #14  

I moved back in with my son and I took all of the junk out of the house. When I opened the fridge the food was just thrown in there. I don't think they knew what was in there honestly. There was poptarts, cookies and other "stuff" in the pantry, I told him, you dont' need this stuff. He said mom its not mine its hers....I said well she needs to get it out of here or eat it. Its not going to be in the pantry, I got home later with my stuff and all of hers was gone...haha....I know he hasn't been eating all of that junk because of how much weight he has loss. Now with me there he will really watch what he is eating. The gf and I don't get along, well they aren't "suppose" to be together so I don't know....lol...but I told him I will cook for YOU but not for her. I will go home, to my room, come out cook my food, wash my dishes and go back to my room. I told him you have to talk to her I don't....should be a nice living arrangement huh?....hahahah
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Oh my goodness that is so funny!! LOL
Don't worry, Momma always wins
My youngest eats really healthy for an 11 yr old, and is very health conscious. My husband is the worst! He will only eat one green thing: green beans. His diet of choice is chili cheese dogs, sausage dogs, beef beef beef. Homeade macaroni. You get the picture. ha ha
And he was whining the other day his size 31 jeans were getting snug. When I see my friends from school they always want to know is he still a 'beanpole'. I tell him that doesn't mean he's healthy!!
Closed Thread