Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 171/162.5/130

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone.

I am new here and have been on IP for 4 weeks this Saturday. I had a totally awesome 1st week. Lost 9 lbs. Then I got off track...friends came to town up expected and went out for supper and drinks, then Christmas parties, and then well I just haven't seemed to be able to get focused again. I know that I haven't lost anything from my orginal 9 lbs and it is frustrating me. Was hoping that I'd be down 15 lb on my 4th week.

I joined the 30 By Valentines Day challenge yesterday hoping that will get me focused. Also thinking of switching my coaches, go to a different IP Clinic. Not getting any support where I am right now.

So enough of my pity parade of self inflicted not losing drama, I have a question. Our family is going to Punta Cana on Dec 28th - do I try and follow plan while there as in take packets with me or should I try and eat low carbish and get back on track when I get home? Not sure how hard it will be to stay on track while there?

Any thoughts anyone?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #17  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingit2013 View Post
Good morning everyone.

I am new here and have been on IP for 4 weeks this Saturday. I had a totally awesome 1st week. Lost 9 lbs. Then I got off track...friends came to town up expected and went out for supper and drinks, then Christmas parties, and then well I just haven't seemed to be able to get focused again. I know that I haven't lost anything from my orginal 9 lbs and it is frustrating me. Was hoping that I'd be down 15 lb on my 4th week.

I joined the 30 By Valentines Day challenge yesterday hoping that will get me focused. Also thinking of switching my coaches, go to a different IP Clinic. Not getting any support where I am right now.

So enough of my pity parade of self inflicted not losing drama, I have a question. Our family is going to Punta Cana on Dec 28th - do I try and follow plan while there as in take packets with me or should I try and eat low carbish and get back on track when I get home? Not sure how hard it will be to stay on track while there?

Any thoughts anyone?
With IP, cheating is a gamble. More often than not, when people cheat they have posts almost identicle to yours. Some people don't have an issue and get back to 100% OP with no problems. The issue is, there is no way to tell how your mind will behave until after the cheat.

You need to figure out the best way to approach that vacation. Lots of people travel on phase 1 and stay 100% OP. It's never easy, there will always be temptaion.

Do you think you will be able to stay OP? If not, maybe you just phase off properly, try to eat phase 4 and start phase 1 again when you come back.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/194/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingit2013 View Post
Good morning everyone.

Any thoughts anyone?

First of all congratulations on the 9lb loss, I know you will get back on track, it is all a matter of time, it will happen. Try your best not to think about it too much. You made the original decision to join IP, so you will make the decision to be 100% OP again. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for you and you need to get through the holidays and your vacation to make the dedication to the program. I know that when I signed up for the program I was heading on a vacation 2 weeks later, so I decided to hold off until after my vacation to start. You have to make the decision based on what you think you can mentally handle when you are away. I know that I couldn't pass on those tropical drinks and all inclusive desserts...lol! You don't want to go away with your family and feel like you are missing out because they are eating and drinking and you cant partake in it. If you decide not to stay OP while away, just make wise decisions and know that when you come home you are 100% dedicated to the program. You wouldn't want to cart the food down there with you and then cheat while you are away and feel guilty about it. If you go with the mindset that you will do your best to eat sensibily and get back on track when you return there will be less guilt then if you go away thinking you are going to stay OP and then cheat. These are just my thoughts, you have to do what works for your lifestyle.
I wish you the best of luck, whatever decision you make will be the right decision for you. Have a great vacation!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #19  

Cool 12/13/12

WI today.
Down 4.4 lbs & 1.5"!!
BMI from 35.8 to 35.1
Just hovering at 50 lbs (.6 away)
My mini-goal (half-way point) is DEFINITELY in my sites!

I really never thought I'd have a "bigger" week this far into the plan. This is proof we don't need to "tweak" the plan. Just follow the sheet, be patient, and let your body work. Sometimes it needs to "catch up" (smaller or no loss) and sometimes it is ready to dump some weight AND inches!

Pants I JUST BOUGHT and wore ONCE are baggy. I'm starting to believe the other girls this has happened to. I thought it would be after I was closer to goal. I've learned my lesson. No more buying clothes that fit. Buy 'em a bit snug b/c they won't be that way for long!

Next time I throw a hissy fit b/c I'm being impatient, somebody remind me how I felt on 12/13/12!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #20  

My day started at 4am finding my son unresponsive laying face down in bed. A trip to the ER yesterday and this morning makes for a stressful today's. he had a seizure in the ER. We have been transported by ambulance to a children's hospital. Now the waiting begins. I don't know how I will stay on plan bcause I ran out this morning without grabbing any shakes. Today was to be WI day. I just do the best I can that's all I can do.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
WI today.
Down 4.4 lbs & 1.5"!!
BMI from 35.8 to 35.1

I really never thought I'd have a "bigger" week this far into the plan. This is proof we don't need to "tweak" the plan. Just follow the sheet, be patient, and let your body work. Sometimes it needs to "catch up" (smaller or no loss) and sometimes it is ready to dump some weight AND inches!

Pants I JUST BOUGHT and wore ONCE are baggy. I'm starting to believe the other girls this has happened to. I thought it would be after I was closer to goal. I've learned my lesson. No more buying clothes that fit. Buy 'em a bit snug b/c they won't be that way for long!

Next time I throw a hissy fit b/c I'm being impatient, somebody remind me how I felt on 12/13/12!!!
LISA!!!

This is soooo awesome!!! Not a 1 or 2 lb loss, but 4.4!!!!! Congrats on the WI, inches lost, and even the baggy pants!! Tho I know that's a bit frustrating as it happened to me, too! From here out, I'm gonna buy super snug and keep and wear with a belt until they look so ridiculous my family and friends tell me to stop!!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
My day started at 4am finding my son unresponsive laying face down in bed. A trip to the ER yesterday and this morning makes for a stressful today's. he had a seizure in the ER. We have been transported by ambulance to a children's hospital. Now the waiting begins. I don't know how I will stay on plan bcause I ran out this morning without grabbing any shakes. Today was to be WI day. I just do the best I can that's all I can do.
God bless your son and you. I'm sending prayers for you both. I hope all is ok. Don't worry about IP right now, clearly your priorities are elsewhere.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #23  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear you're going through this. Do the best you can and stay strong for your son. Lots of loving thoughts and prayers for you and your son from another IP Mommy.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #24  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready4thin View Post
First of all congratulations on the 9lb loss, I know you will get back on track, it is all a matter of time, it will happen. Try your best not to think about it too much. You made the original decision to join IP, so you will make the decision to be 100% OP again. Maybe it just wasn't the right time for you and you need to get through the holidays and your vacation to make the dedication to the program. I know that when I signed up for the program I was heading on a vacation 2 weeks later, so I decided to hold off until after my vacation to start. You have to make the decision based on what you think you can mentally handle when you are away. I know that I couldn't pass on those tropical drinks and all inclusive desserts...lol! You don't want to go away with your family and feel like you are missing out because they are eating and drinking and you cant partake in it. If you decide not to stay OP while away, just make wise decisions and know that when you come home you are 100% dedicated to the program. You wouldn't want to cart the food down there with you and then cheat while you are away and feel guilty about it. If you go with the mindset that you will do your best to eat sensibily and get back on track when you return there will be less guilt then if you go away thinking you are going to stay OP and then cheat. These are just my thoughts, you have to do what works for your lifestyle.
I wish you the best of luck, whatever decision you make will be the right decision for you. Have a great vacation!!!!
This is how I'm planning to do it on our birthday celebration cruise in February. Two weeks before I'll go to phase 3 and then on the cruise I will try to eat as healthy as possible. I'm planning on bringing some bars so if we're out and about I can have somthing on the plan. (I think someone said Nashua Nutrition had non-restricted bars, need to check that out).. Once we get back I will go right back to phase 1 and loose the rest of the weight. I'm not giving myself a free pass to eat all sorts of junk, I've worked too hard to get the weight off, but I also want to enjoy myself -you only turn 50 once!

So - I have big news - I am no longer obese, I'm just plain old overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started at Obese Type III. I've been getting comments from people who are surprised I want to loose more. (I do look good I must admit). Right now I'm in a 16 jeans, the ones I had on yesterday were a size 14, I'd like to get to size 10, but we'll see what I look like.

Also, I was talking to my massage therapist who is a yoga instructor and she said that there's a gentle class that would be good for me. I think I'll check that out. She said it's lengthening, stretching, etc.

Sorry I haven't been around lately.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #25  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Kay,

I hope everything is ok with your son.

Lynn
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #26  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

so i am 24 pounds away from my goal...does that mean im going to be losing slower and possibly gaining due to muscle? on friday i weighed 164.4 and this morning i was 166,6
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
WI today.
Down 4.4 lbs & 1.5"!!
BMI from 35.8 to 35.1

way to go lisa on a wonderful weigh in!! yeah!!!!

Quote:
oh Kay, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. it is a scary time for sure. just focus on your son and yourself...ip will be here waiting on you for you when you return. stay strong....and make sure you get plenty of good water to drink.

my oldest son had 3 seizures when her was very young...under 5 and ever single test came back inconclusive. its a very scary thing to watch your childs eyes roll back into their head and their tongue hanging out and them getting lock jaw. i remember that 911 call like it was yesterday and it was over 22 years ago!! he went on to be healthy as can be and is a medical trauma unit RN now, married with 2 boys of his own!
keep the faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
This is how I'm planning to do it on our birthday celebration cruise in February. Two weeks before I'll go to phase 3 and then on the cruise I will try to eat as healthy as possible. I'm planning on bringing some bars so if we're out and about I can have somthing on the plan. (I think someone said Nashua Nutrition had non-restricted bars, need to check that out).. Once we get back I will go right back to phase 1 and loose the rest of the weight. I'm not giving myself a free pass to eat all sorts of junk, I've worked too hard to get the weight off, but I also want to enjoy myself -you only turn 50 once!

So - I have big news - I am no longer obese, I'm just plain old overweight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I started at Obese Type III. I've been getting comments from people who are surprised I want to loose more. (I do look good I must admit). Right now I'm in a 16 jeans, the ones I had on yesterday were a size 14, I'd like to get to size 10, but we'll see what I look like.

lynnie....such good news about no longer being obese! i know you must feel over the moon happy about that!!

glad to see you back posting...we missed you!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #28  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Quote:
my prayers go out to you and your son, right now focus on your son, IP should be the least of your worries right now...please keep us updated!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Quote:
My prayers are with you and your son!

If you have the opportunity to grab 4oz of protein to sub for your IP product that could help you stay on plan but your sanity and your son's health come first.

Quote:
WI today.
Down 4.4 lbs & 1.5"!!
BMI from 35.8 to 35.1

Congrats! You are doing so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post

Also, I was talking to my massage therapist who is a yoga instructor and she said that there's a gentle class that would be good for me. I think I'll check that out. She said it's lengthening, stretching, etc.

When I went on a cruise last winter, I found no end of good food to eat. The best cuts of meat and a good variety of veggies were available. My families goal was not to gain weight (I was not on IP at the time). We all did well! Some of our companions would go for pizza and burgers while we would go find a greek salad and meet them on the upper deck. The fancy restaurants even had little sample plates of all their desserts. We got one and took one bite each of them all. Our waitress reminded us we could each have our own because we didn't need to pay for it - we laughed and said if we all had our own we would definitely pay for it! She said "augh, a taste with no weigh gain" so she understood. Keep your good eating habits and have fun!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Last edited by rofl306; 12-13-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: used percent sign instead of oz
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #30  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Kay- keeping your son in my thoughts and prayers.
Closed Thread