Old 12-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #1  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Five Ingredients, Fifteen Minutes, or Less

Hi Everyone! You know one of the times I struggle the most? When my planning falls through and suddenly I need a snack/meal but the time/ingredients I planned are no longer available. Or when I am just suddenly very hungry!

I'd be so grateful if you could share your favorite quick fix/go to recipes for a sweet or savory snack. Or meal.

Thanks so much!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Best 15 minute life saver dinner! "Cabbage rolls"
All you need is ex lean ground beef, cabbage (or pre cut cole slaw mix, pick out carrots)2 tbs crushed tomatoes, dehydrated onion and whatever spices you would like. Throw it all into a frying pan cook until beef is done, cabbage soft. I like to add soy sauce- sounds gross looks gross but tastes just like cabbage rolls! Mmmmmm!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
All you need is ex lean ground beef, cabbage (or pre cut cole slaw mix, pick out carrots)2 tbs crushed tomatoes, dehydrated onion and whatever spices you would like. Throw it all into a frying pan cook until beef is done, cabbage soft. I like to add soy sauce- sounds gross looks gross but tastes just like cabbage rolls! Mmmmmm!
You just made dinner for me tomorrow night!!!! YUMMY!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

My go-to meal is the big mac in a bowl. It is so easy to make a big salad and toss in browned ground beef.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

2 cans tuna, drained. 2 cups chopped cukes. Lettuce. Walden Farms ranch. Done

Actually this is EXACTLY why I cook up 3 or 4 8-oz portions of chicken at the beginning of the week. I just poach/braise them in some water or broth and apple cider vinegar, with some garlic and herbs, then store them in the fridge. If I'm stuck I KNOW there's cooked meat ready for me to throw on a salad, toss in some WF dressing (asian or BBQ sauce usually) and eat with a salad or some frozen veggies.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #6  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

You know our fallback meal is Steak and eggs, we can usually find a small lean piece of beef at the store and have 2 over easy eggs with it. I think those nights we have about 9 oz of protein.

And then we have a salad with it and veggies in the salad.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #7  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Just made Big Mac in a bowl...YUM thanks for the suggestion!
Shedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #8  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Thanks for posting this...I'm trying this one, soon!
I also LOVE Big Mac in a bowl!
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #9  

Quote:
So making this, as I've been craving sauerkraut cabbage rolls but they take so long to make!!! Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
My go-to meal is the big mac in a bowl. It is so easy to make a big salad and toss in browned ground beef.
Same here, awesome quick satisfying meal!

I also love a good taco salad.
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

stir-fry!

start with either shredded zucchini or broccoli slaw, sautee in Bragg's Aminos (a natural soy sauce replacement), add in any other veggies you want (my fave is sauteed mushrooms) and add your protein- chicken, steak, shrimp.

my quick meal is the shredded zucchini with sautéed shrimp, both cook up super fast!
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

If I'm looking for something fast and don't have time to shop, defrost, etc. I make an omelette. I can either add numerous cut up veggies to the omelette or have them raw on the side with a salad. I usually have sliced mushrooms as a fridge staple and red peppers to go into the omelette plus celery and cucumbers on the side.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #12  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
If I'm looking for something fast and don't have time to shop, defrost, etc. I make an omelette. I can either add numerous cut up veggies to the omelette or have them raw on the side with a salad. I usually have sliced mushrooms as a fridge staple and red peppers to go into the omelette plus celery and cucumbers on the side.
Me too. I tend to pre-cook the veggies I want to put in (thinly sliced zucchini and asparagues are a fav of mine). I either roast with evoo and garlic, or cook a bit in the the pan with the evoo and garlic. I also add a bit of salt. Then I cook the eggs most of the way and toss in the extra veggies. It is delish!
benice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #13  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I usually bring home a huge package of ground beef from Sam's and fry it up with salt and pepper. I keep it in bags in the freezer...it heats up very well and it is a quick route to my fav: big mac in a bowl! That and some mixed greens from sam's a quick rinse and i'm done.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #14  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

I keep a HUGE container of cut up bite sized red/green/yellow/orange peppers mixed with an english cucumber or 2 in the fridge (greek salad w/o the dressing) I find they are tasty enough to eat without dressing, so I can throw them into a smaller container and run! I even keep a 1 cup measuring cup in the container! haha! And I always have hard boiled eggs on hand too!
Lesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #15  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley View Post
And I always have hard boiled eggs on hand too!
Okay, sounds so weird, but worth a try. I boiled some eggs over the weekend. Also finished my last dill pickle at the same time. Decided to throw a couple of the eggs in the remaining dill pickle juice in the jar. (Pickled eggs) Took one out last night and made it an IP deviled egg. It was odd, and I couldn't decide if I liked until, until I found myself going back and making another at breakfast this morning!

I am so excited about trying some of the ideas in this thread this week! Grocery in the morning and this thread basically constituted my grocery list. Thank you!!!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote