Salad Dressing alternatives

• For weeks 3 and 4, something has been wreaking havoc on my system. Through my own elmination, I seem to have narrowed it down to the Walden Farms. I had a salad last night at work without the dressing and my stomach was fine. The rest of the time my body seems to react poorly.

Has anyone come up with alternatives salad dressing recipes?

Thanks,
    Dawn
  • Quote: For weeks 3 and 4, something has been wreaking havoc on my system. Through my own elmination, I seem to have narrowed it down to the Walden Farms. I had a salad last night at work without the dressing and my stomach was fine. The rest of the time my body seems to react poorly.

Has anyone come up with alternatives salad dressing recipes?

Thanks,
    Dawn
    Yup! Search in the recipe threads! There are lots!
  • Dawn - I do oil, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, lime or lemon juice (just a splash) and a tiny bit of splenda. Great for asian salad dressing.
    I also mix some olive oil, scallions, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice. Makes a great dressing as well. I will find some other and copy to this page for you
  • There are tons of great homemade salad dressing recipes, both here and out in the general internet!

I usually use oil, apple cider vinegar, a little lemon or lime juice, and whatever herbs I might have on hand. If I'm in a hurry, I just shake some Mrs. Dash into the oil/vinegar mix
  • Thanks Maezy,

I have all the ingredients for the asian dressing which sounds really good! It's a real bummer that the dressing seems to upset my stomach so much but having alternatives is a great help.

D.
  • I found a recipe on the general internet for homemade "Zesty Italian" dressing...much like what you would get if you buy the Kraft dressing, but so much better for you! Google "homemade dressing" and you should be able to find it. It's olive oil, vinegar, and tons of spices. The recipe makes about 2 cups, I make a batch of it about every 10-14 days.
  • I absolutely dislike the WF salad dressings but many love them. For my salads I use evoo, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and table blend Mrs. Dash. I will never go back to regular salad dressings even in maintenance. Definitely search the internet. Good Luck!
  • Here's my favorite dressing. I make up a batch and use it throughout the week:

1 cup grapeseed oil
    .25 cup white wine vinegar
    .5 cup apple cider vinegar
    2 tbsp Italian seasoning
    1 tbsp basil
    3 tbsp dijon mustard
    3 tbsp minced garlic
    2 tsp sea salt
    1.5 tsp splenda or stevia
    1.5 tsp ground black pepper
  • oooh! exactor that sounds wonderful! Gonna make some up today
  • SOO excited to find this thread! Not a fan of WF ( unless its chocolate or caramel...) I am now posting on here just so I can come back and make these dressings...