Hot and Sour Soup, Have an IP Recipe???

• There are so many great cooks here, and in searching the forum, I didn't see a recipe posted yet, but I thought someone might have one??? Please...
    Thanks!!!
  • I hope someone has one! I haven't seen one and my DH has a carton from a restaurant sitting in the refrig!!!
  • Hi there, I am brand-new to both IP and also to the 3fatschicks forum, so hopefully this recipe is right for your phase of the diet, as I say I am just learning....it will take up your evening meal's protein as it is written with tofu, guess you could sub some shrimp or whatever you like!

From what I know of previous experiences eating hot and sour soup...it gets flavour from toasted sesame oil, which I thinkn is not allowed? Perhaps there is a 0/0/0 sesame extract flavour you could use? If not, I am sure this is better than eating a takeout version!
    The only other thing I was not sure about was the stock/broth....if you make your own, though, with allowed veggies and maybe a 0/0/0 herb boilluion soup cube it's o.k.? Someone will know! It's from a veggie cookbook, I am a pescetarian (vegetarian but eat some fish and seafoods) Hope this helps!

Hot and Sour Ginger Soup
    Makes four-six servings

3 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
    .5 cup shiitake or oyster mushrooms, chopped
    4 cups vegetable stock
    .5 tsp. red pepper flakes
    3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
    1 Tbsp. Tamari sauce or soy sauce
    .5 lb. (225 grms) firm tofu, cubed
    20 snow peas pods, ends removed

In a large soup pot on medium-low hwat, saute the ginger and the mushrooms, in 1 Tbsp. oil for 1-2 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Add the soup stock and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low again. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat, add vinegar, tamari , tofu and snow peas. Cover with lid and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
  • Thank you!!! It is very similar to the one I made up. I am going to try this one, too! Will let you know the results!!!
  • Awesome, love helping and HATE to see anyone go without (a vervion of!) something thye desire to eat! Let us know if it's a "keeper"!
  • THANK YOU!!! I went on a quest when I 1st started IP for hot and sour soup and then forgot all about it. I must check this out, it's one of my faves!!