Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #31  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I am so unbelievably frustrated lately! The stress of everything is just completely overwhelming at times, much more so lately.

My fiance made a career change last October and then was let go the following January due to restructuring. Since then he has been in and out of work, currently out of work since September. He had an interview with the city yesterday that we were excited about...but the process was ridiculous and when he described it to me, they basically treated them like cattle. They didn't even allow them to greet the people that were interviewing, no handshake no names etc. How do you build a rapport with someone under circumstances like this?

It just feels like the kids are going crazy, the house is in chaos and I can't seem to get a grip on the situation. It's all I can do to get through the day.

On top of that I see my weight creeping up and it drives me crazy. Yes I am one of those people that weighs everyday. The reason I do this is (up until last week) the scale dropping daily gave me a huge amount of motivation. I find when I don't weigh daily I start to gain weight.

Last week, although I was 100% OP the scale went up for 3 days, I was so upset! After that I couldn't stay in control. It was this horrible situation where I would start out the day with my packets and doing well and then by the end of the day I would be eating cake...then the next day I would start again with the best of intentions...and blow it at the end of the day.

I had to post a 3.4lb weight gain. I started fresh Monday morning...and then last night the stress took over and I gave up again!

I don't know if I should even be trying to lose weight right now. Maybe it's just not the right time? I've done well, and I don't want to give up...but my body seems to just want to pack on the weight regardless of what I'm trying to do right now.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8

I had a dream I ate a real sandwich
Halfway through I felt guilty
Old 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #33  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I am so unbelievably frustrated lately! The stress of everything is just completely overwhelming at times, much more so lately.

My fiance made a career change last October and then was let go the following January due to restructuring. Since then he has been in and out of work, currently out of work since September. He had an interview with the city yesterday that we were excited about...but the process was ridiculous and when he described it to me, they basically treated them like cattle. They didn't even allow them to greet the people that were interviewing, no handshake no names etc. How do you build a rapport with someone under circumstances like this?

It just feels like the kids are going crazy, the house is in chaos and I can't seem to get a grip on the situation. It's all I can do to get through the day.

On top of that I see my weight creeping up and it drives me crazy. Yes I am one of those people that weighs everyday. The reason I do this is (up until last week) the scale dropping daily gave me a huge amount of motivation. I find when I don't weigh daily I start to gain weight.

Last week, although I was 100% OP the scale went up for 3 days, I was so upset! After that I couldn't stay in control. It was this horrible situation where I would start out the day with my packets and doing well and then by the end of the day I would be eating cake...then the next day I would start again with the best of intentions...and blow it at the end of the day.

I had to post a 3.4lb weight gain. I started fresh Monday morning...and then last night the stress took over and I gave up again!

I don't know if I should even be trying to lose weight right now. Maybe it's just not the right time? I've done well, and I don't want to give up...but my body seems to just want to pack on the weight regardless of what I'm trying to do right now.

Any suggestions?
So sorry you are struggling. You probably really need to stop daily weighing because it is causing stress and then you cheat.

Try to remember why you are doing this. If stress is triggering the cheat, try to remove yourself from the situation and find a healthy way to deal with it. Food isn't going to make you feel better.

You can do this, but you need to stop sabotaging yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
In my dreams I feel guilty about cheating, but when I wake up and realise it was a dream I feel good. Kind of like I got to have the food I wanted, but not with an actual cheat. I look forward to them now.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #34  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks42 View Post
So - I haven't written in awhile due to having been extremely busy, BUT, I just had to post this today. I MET MY GOAL TODAY!!!!! I almost cried! It has been a journey for sure - and at times, a very long 5 months, but it is official - I am now on Phase 2. Gearing up for my surgery on December 18th and so excited to be prepping for Phase 3! 60 pounds and 32 inches gone for good! Just had to share - this board has been a HUGE resource for me from recipes to questions I have had along the way and SO many people have been inspirational to me (even though I didn't post often).
Congratulations niks42!!! You must feel AMAZING!!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #35  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Sorry you're stressing! I am also a stress eater. I'm trying to kick that habit. Like ragdoll said, find a healthy way to deal with the stress. It seems like cheating isn't actually making you feel better, because you are discouraged with the diet. Try stress-exercising, or stress-cleaning. Or even just stress-taking a bath =]. I know when I cheat it's an endless cycle of "well I messed up once, might as well keep messing up" which is really silly! You gotta break the cycle! We'll help you through it, you can do it!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #36  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Quote:
So - I haven't written in awhile due to having been extremely busy, BUT, I just had to post this today. I MET MY GOAL TODAY!!!!! I almost cried! It has been a journey for sure - and at times, a very long 5 months, but it is official - I am now on Phase 2. Gearing up for my surgery on December 18th and so excited to be prepping for Phase 3! 60 pounds and 32 inches gone for good! Just had to share - this board has been a HUGE resource for me from recipes to questions I have had along the way and SO many people have been inspirational to me (even though I didn't post often).

WAY TO GO!!!!!! You're an inspiration
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quick celebration--WI today, down 3.6 pounds this week. So nice after a few low weeks. Total so far....40.2!!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I feel for you! I hope things calm down soon for you....

Honestly, it's never 'the right time' to try to lose weight. There is always something that will make it challenging. Having gained stress weight before, I know that it makes x situation even more stressful to feel like you have no control over your weight.

Daily fluctuations happen. If they add even more stress to an already stressed life, try every other day or semi-weekly weigh-ins.

Your options are 1) give up, be unhappy with not even trying or 2) keep trying and have faith that this will work itself out. I vote for 2

Believe me giving up will make you feel 10x worse and more stressed.

Last edited by djs06; 12-07-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 146/120/105

Height: 5'0" on a good day :)

Good morning, everyone!

I'm finding that a downside to the weight loss that I wasn't expecting is how CCCCCOOOLLLLDDDD I am all the time. I guess the fat really does keep a person warm. I am having to layer up like crazy and not sit still too long so I can stay warm. It's probably hard to even notice that I've lost weight when I am bundled up but that's okay because I know about my progress and that's enough for me.

Quote:
Congrats to you! Thank you for sharing and for keeping us motivated. I hope to get there someday soon and knowing that other people are making it there every day helps keep me focused.

Enjoy the new you and please do keep us posted on maintenance...I'm a bit scared of it right now.

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles but it sounds like you've come to the right place for support. You've got a lot of it here and I hope that we can hold you up even if you are having difficulty doing it for yourself right now. The one thing I do have to say is that I looked at your signature info and was impressed! You've already met two of your mini-goals and are working actively on the third...you obviously have what it takes to make a change. Good for you! May that motivate you and keep you OP!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 146/120/105

Height: 5'0" on a good day :)

Oh, and congrats to everyone who reported their wonderful losses today! Woo-hoo!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablever View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I'm finding that a downside to the weight loss that I wasn't expecting is how CCCCCOOOLLLLDDDD I am all the time. I guess the fat really does keep a person warm. I am having to layer up like crazy and not sit still too long so I can stay warm. It's probably hard to even notice that I've lost weight when I am bundled up but that's okay because I know about my progress and that's enough for me.
I've been learning a bit about the possibility of adrenal fatigue with low carb diets. One of the symptoms is being cold. Take your temperature 3 times/day for 3-4 days. If it is below normal, let your doctor know!
My doctor appt is next week. I've bee FREEZING for several weeks. They're gonna have to figure something out b/c I'm not quitting IP til I get to goal.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
I sit here happily with my IP choc shake.... happily becaues none of my clothes in my closet fit anymore
Mine neither! We're about the same size. If I hadn't have gone shopping, I'd be swimming in all my pants. What an early Christmas gift

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Bella: Cortisol is a hormone produced during times of stress. It causes weight gain.
My thoughts:
#1 I'd say stay off the daily weigh-ins. They're adding stress.
#2 ABSOLUTELY do NOT give up! You KNOW what that will do!
#3 Do you need to phase off for a bit and stay on the maintenance plan? It wouldn't be so stressful on your body. I'm reading/learning that weight loss itself is stressful on our adrenal system and if you have all these other stressors, you may need a break. NOT a free-for-all, eat-anything-you-want but a clean-maintain where you are, give it 4-6 weeks & reassess. Just a thought. Something to reduce stress?
#4 If you stay on P1, recommit to the no cheat way of life. If you need an extra packet, have an extra packet. That is not a cheat. It could add sanity and reduce stress.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Congrats on a job well done!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #44  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well...a little bit of somewhat good news. My fiance just heard that he got through to the second round of interviews. Honestly, he was interviewed yesterday by 5 different people. Now he's going to phase 2...which will involve goodness knows what...and all this for a part-time job. It really is an employers market these days...
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern View Post
I always thought I was crazy when I dream about food! I'm so glad that other people have illegal food dreams too. The other night, I dreamt I had a plate of nachos. They were delicious, but I felt so guilty in my dream. It was kind of a relief to wake up!
Closed Thread