Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 172/144/136

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
So sorry to hear what you are going through. I did have some surgery back in the spring and my coach mentioned something about not being in ketosis when I was put under, but my surgeon said it was fine and not to worry about it. I would just ask for diabetic meals in the hospital and not worry about IP too much while you are there. The diabetic meals should help a lot, and truthfully who ever gained weight from eating hospital food anyway. You will be fine, just concentrate on healing and getting home.
As a nurse, I often hear patients complain about their blood sugar being higher while eating hospital meals than home cooked meals. They say they do not eat as much as they are being served. Just be careful.

The IV fluid statement was a good one, although the norm is normal saline, they will use dextrose during surgery after the patient has been fasting after midnight.
laury411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #17  
A Healthier Weigh

S/C/G: 192/174/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Thx all my dr seems to be fine with the IP protocol , especially tall of the potassium, magnesium, and calcium. If there is sugar involved in IV's I figure I wont react too badly since morphine is also involved!!!
I am in a MUCH BETTER frame of mind today and doing one of my favorite things,making lists!!! My hubby is just so wonderful and supportive and I feel like the luckiest person ever. My son will take such good care of me too and it will give us lots of time together. I have all of my3FC peeps who will help me through this. I am incredibly blessed and 2013 is going to be wonderful because I will finally be healed.The power of prayer! If you believe in prayer please say a few for me on 12/19. If you don't, send positive energy vibes my way!!!
Sending positive vibes your way. Everything will go beautifully and I'm sure you'll lose or maintain while going through it :-)
AZ247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #18  

The hospital that I'm going to has a menu to order from and a microwave in the room. I didn't order a thing last time and I don't plan on it this time. I already have my meals planned out and plan on making all of the salad dressings & veggies for the 1.5-2 days that I am in the hospital the night before. Leaving hubby instructions as to what to bring each night and will have my shaker with me at all times. Of course water I can get any time and my hubby has promised me coffee from the gourmet coffee shop in the hospital. Last time I was in there they took out the IV pretty quickly and went to pills for pain killers. Now to get all of the Christmas shopping done! OH I get my cast off today and can drive again!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote