Maintenance question regarding the IP day

• Does the IP day have to follow the cheat day? I was kind of hoping I could do my cheat day on Saturday and my Phase 1 day on Monday. The reason is because I work my part time retail job on Sundays and am on my feet and running around and that is not a great day to be hungry.

I've been looking so forward to the cheat day being Saturdays because that's the day we usually have parties, go to the movies, go out to dinner with friends etc.
  • Quote: Does the IP day have to follow the cheat day? I was kind of hoping I could do my cheat day on Saturday and my Phase 1 day on Monday. The reason is because I work my part time retail job on Sundays and am on my feet and running around and that is not a great day to be hungry.

I've been looking so forward to the cheat day being Saturdays because that's the day we usually have parties, go to the movies, go out to dinner with friends etc.
    My 2 cents from what I've read: You need to do the P1 on the day immediately following so that your body doesn't have a chance to produce insulin on that day and convert all your fun day food to fat. By shutting the pancreas down on the next day, you won't convert those foods and calories to fat, and they will be "sluffed" out before being glued to our hips and butts! LOL

Good luck and congrats on making goal! It sure does feel good!!!
    Ken
  • Ken you've heard wrong. You body doesn't store fat the day after you've over eaten we are much more efficient than that.

Calories matter not which day you eat them.
  • There is a maintainers thread. I suggest you direct your questions in there. Those folks are SUPER helpful!
  • I think the reasoning behind having a phase 1 day following a free day is to prevent the free day from becoming days! That said, I think if you do as you plan you may need to prepare to have 2 phase 1 days to get back to your goal weight. This is how I maintain. 2 free er weekend days followed by enough phase 1 week days to get back on track.
  • Quote: I think the reasoning behind having a phase 1 day following a free day is to prevent the free day from becoming days! That said, I think if you do as you plan you may need to prepare to have 2 phase 1 days to get back to your goal weight. This is how I maintain. 2 free er weekend days followed by enough phase 1 week days to get back on track.
    My Coach doesn't do ANY IP days during the week and she has managed to lose 5 more pounds over the course of a year. She does the occasional IP day if she feels like she's had a bad week, but doesn't do it religiously. I can't imagine doing 2 a week though, that seems to be a lot when we are supposed to be off the program. I dunno, I'll have to see how my eating goes I guess.
  • Quote: My Coach doesn't do ANY IP days during the week and she has managed to lose 5 more pounds over the course of a year. She does the occasional IP day if she feels like she's had a bad week, but doesn't do it religiously. I can't imagine doing 2 a week though, that seems to be a lot when we are supposed to be off the program. I dunno, I'll have to see how my eating goes I guess.
    Maybe she doesn't do many 'fun' days with high carb/fat items, but eats really clean all the time? It would be interesting to hear more details about her typical daily menu plan that doesn't require any IP P1 days.
  • Quote: Maybe she doesn't do many 'fun' days with high carb/fat items, but eats really clean all the time? It would be interesting to hear more details about her typical daily menu plan that doesn't require any IP P1 days.
    I did ask her about how she eats, and she has cheats - no doubt about it. She even told me that the IP day once a week isn't necessary and that I don't need to do it.

She told me she keeps one meal a day "IP friendly" and it's usually dinner. She might do one IP day a month, but not every week. And she doesn't work out either. But she does eat high protein all the time and still uses some IP foods.
  • Well, then it seems that your coach has answered your question.
    The maintainers can explain how they do it on the maintenance thread, if you are interested.