Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks so much for the ideas! Made my own bag for our weekend trip...
Justdoinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #48  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justdoinit View Post
Thanks so much for the ideas! Made my own bag for our weekend trip...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyle View Post
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
you are welcome
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #49  

Height: 5 '6

That's awesome! I travel a lot and I'm usually well prepared but that little case would be great! thanks for bumping, love the idea!
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/215/155

Height: 5'8"

What a terrific idea! Thank you for sharing it.
CrimsonKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #51  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Did anyone mention some packets of smooth move tea? My last trip -- was so 'relieved' I had some along!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Did anyone mention some packets of smooth move tea? My last trip -- was so 'relieved' I had some along!
LOL...I also travel packin' that stuff...
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Found this, a lot of extras come with it though....
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Trave...ywords=Modella

Last edited by Jillybee123; 04-03-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Jillybee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #54  
Feed Your Freedom

travel bag!! be prepared!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:46 PM   #55  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
the paper was my menu for the trip, i planned ahead so i could stay on track. the little strips were typed out specifics that i gave the waiter...i researched each restaurant that we had planned to eat at online, then took a menu choice and made it IP compliant and typed it out on my main menu, then made a copy and cut out strips to give...so that the waitress or waiter could have it. they were all very happy to get it! saved then from writing down all my specifics and my orders always came exactly as i requested!

i have to say, we stopped at a lot of restaurants along our trip, and 2 different bob evans restaurants, and Bob Evans restaurant was the absolute best!!! they substituted with no issues at all!!!! i even had one waitress asked me what ideal protein was! i was able to get hot water for my own tea bags, and for my own chicken noodle soup too.

when we took our trip to england, i did the same thing, and had a great response. even on the plane, i was able to request a special meal based on my own needs and they were so very accommodating.

i think when you are just honest with folks, make your needs known, most are happy to help.

i generally started out by saying to the person waiting on me, i have a special medical condition that i hope will be no issue as i am on a medically supervised intake. then i would say, i would like to order your "menu item" (whatever it was) but with some specific dietary modifications listed here, and give them the slip. most of the people were like, hey thats cool, thanks for taking the time to do this so i can give the right to the chef.

hope that helps
love from the rainbow!
This is brilliant!!!!!! I know it's an old post but it is so what I needed! The idea of the strips for the restaurants is absolutely brilliant! For our upcoming trip I had already planned out where we'd be eating but that was before IP. Now I can go back to their websites and make my choices, typing up needed changes. What a life 9and sanity) saver!!

And I too will be in the nearest WM tomorrow finding a comparable cosmetic bag to fill up with my own survival kit supplies!! Hugs from this newbie!!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:17 AM   #56  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Hugs from this newbie!!

hugs right back to you....you are off to one amazing start and i am very proud of you!! keep up your great effort and all your lovely recipes!!! thank you for sharing them!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:18 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
some newbies asked about my IP Travel Survival Kit Bag.... so I thought I'd re-post and share again...and maybe diva will share hers too, and any others who have made one!!

nice....with handles...easy to carry my supplies...

vitamins....sf syrups....vinegar and oil in a tiny spray bottle...stevia drops...my key lime flavoring....lemon and lime water flavors....its all about the flavors!!! and of course my burts bees chapstick....cause i never leave home without one!! haha

i bought one of the travel bags from the cosmetic center....and used the "shampoo bottles, etc" for my SF syrups and salad dressings!!

tucked away inside the main compartment...my IP packets, jay robb protein powders in single serve baggies...coffee...nothing but folgers....so i take my own coffee! hahah....my menus and all the things i have planned including my little request strips!! all together in an easy to carry tote!!
That would be great to take on a cruise>
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Maybe it's been mentioned already but some of those things would have to fit in your 1litre/1quart clear travel bag and be less than 100ml each to be allowed in your carry-on (airlines). That said I always travel with stevia packets, and TrueLime/Lemon packets. I take packets and bars with me in my carry on. Lots of airports have Subway even in other countries so it is easy to get a salad with chicken or beef strips or ham on it and just get O&V dressing for the trip after you have gone through baggage check and security.
I am gluten free and there is a website that you can download a properly translated note of instructions in 54 languages for the kitchen at any restaurant. It came in very handy in Mexico this past week. http://www.celiactravel.com/cards/
Also another site here (dairy/shellfish/other allergies): http://travelstore.glutenfreepasspor...nslation-cards
I love the cute little kit that's been made up you guys!

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote