Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #91  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmainprize View Post
Long story short. We have went to school together, I was a smitten kitten over him for like the first 5 years, and he always would make comments like 'I would date you if you would actually lose weight." I was in junior high at those times I didnt realize how big of a jerk he was. High school I only talked because I had to...these days he is now a 23 year old drunk who is going absolutley no where with his life, and still feels the needs to continously bring me down. I literally avoid him, and have not seen or talked to him in 6 monthes, he just happened to land at our place during our bon fire, and all **** just hit the fan.
I was super angry at the time to the point I had to leave and go have a cry, but now I just feel bad for him. It really must suck to hate your life so much that you have to bring other people down all the time.
Sorry turns out that wasnt a short story lo
HE WAS AT YOUR HOUSE WHEN HE SAID THOSE THINGS? I WOULD HAVE SENT HIM PACKING! IF I COULDN'T, THEN I WOULD HAVE TOLD DH AND HE WOULD HAVE SENT HIM PACKING! I am sorry that he made you cry but next time go ahead and let yourself get angry because that is the correct response! You deserve to be treated with respect, no matter your size, and especially on your own property!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #92  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmainprize View Post
So just have a vent I need to get out of my mind.
This weekend of my neighbours who I went to school with and have knowing told me 12 years pretty much told me he thinks 'fat/chubby' people are gross and still considers me that way, and then proceeded to tell me that I cannot change the way I look. Um hello I have been working my arse off to get to this point and I still an going! I am pretty sure I used all restraint not to smack him across the face. Then he went even further to say my husband is gross and ugly because he is a bigger guy. Serious twitchy hand to the extreme. I guess it shows no matter where you go, you will always run into aholes who just have to bring everyone down to make them feel better.
This makes me mad on your behalf. I probably would have spit in his face or something, but I'm confrontational like that.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

People get jealous when they see someone lsing weight...they say really mean things. I have heard it all. I think people expected me to stay fat because I have been for a while due to having three kids back to back. They didnt expect me to ever be thin again. Sooooo it freaked them out when they did. I have heard things like, "you are finally eating"? or "are you going to throw that up later?" thats really uncalled for and shows their jealousy.
Like I have said many times.....I let my haters be my motivators.
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #94  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

I guess I'm "fortunate" to have only had those kind of comments before I found IP.."It's simple...it's calories in, calories out"; "all you have to do is take weight loss seriously"; "all you have to do is move more and eat less"...All the while I was working out for 1-2+ hours a day 5 days a week and eating about 1200 calories. I am so thankful for IP!!
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

I am too, almost at goal....yayyyyyyy
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #96  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
Come on. That's not the way to deal with this. Smacking a guy in the face gets you nowhere.

Kicking him in the balls then smacking him in the face is the mature response.
ROFL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
I remember reading years ago that when others are judgmental it is because they hate themselves and fear seeing that in others. I have always remembered that because truly their judgement is a reflection of themselves and NOT you. It has really helped me at times to feel empathy for them and sadness, because to say such hateful things to others means they are saying even much worse things to themselves.
It also helps me if I am feeling judgmental to search inside for what I fear and realize it is about ME not the other person!
Just thought that might help......
Great Insight! Thanks!
It really is heartbreaking to think that they are saying even worse things than that to themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
My MIL sent me an email yesterday saying that I just needed to stop that I was fine where I was and this isn't healthy, blah, blah, blah. While I know that she cares about me and thinks what she said is support I've known her too long (21 years) and know she talks without thinking about how her words might be taken. I had a couple of snarky responses all lined up and then considered how my words might be taken. Rather than respond the way I wanted I just said I have planned to move to P2 on June 15th unless I reach goal before then and let it go at that.
Good for you for taking the high road! I find it's probably best, esp with in-laws. Someone has to decide to keep the peace!

~Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #97  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

My husband totally supports me. In fact he's the one that told me about it. A few of his co-workers went on it and lost a ton of weight. He said they look great. BUT...he did say it was expensive. I was on it 2 years ago but we went on strike where I work and had to go off it. I restarted in February. I remember when being on it before people telling me any diet that doesn't allow fruit is not a good diet to be on. Also of course the price and the fact they pushed their supplements as a 'neccessity' to lose weight. So this time...no one knows but my daughter and husband.
Charbarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #98  

Height: 5'9"

I agree 100% that people are jealous of people who successfully lose weight because they haven't been able to do it themselves. I've been overweight my entire life & I was very negative when people close to me would lose weight.

My co-worker, who is obese as well, said to me when I started this diet "I won't be happy for you. Just telling you now so you don't talk to me about it." I understand that she is jealous & I really can't be mad at her. I want her to feel good, get healthy & lose weight also. All my other co-workers have been supportive & so kind.

I try to ignore the nasty comments & focus on my successes to keep me going! I'm a big believer that we need to become our own biggest cheerleader
leahrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #99  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ247 View Post
I'm learning that everyone I know is an expert on religion, politics and dieting! The comments people make can be utterly amazing and quite comical at times.
HAHAHA - I just read this......YES, THIS IS VERY TRUE and something funny to recall when we hear negative comments
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #100  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahrb View Post
I agree 100% that people are jealous of people who successfully lose weight because they haven't been able to do it themselves. I've been overweight my entire life & I was very negative when people close to me would lose weight.

My co-worker, who is obese as well, said to me when I started this diet "I won't be happy for you. Just telling you now so you don't talk to me about it." I understand that she is jealous & I really can't be mad at her. I want her to feel good, get healthy & lose weight also. All my other co-workers have been supportive & so kind.

I try to ignore the nasty comments & focus on my successes to keep me going! I'm a big believer that we need to become our own biggest cheerleader
So true. Our best answer is not verbal. It's our success - and our compassion and support to others. I don't talk about IP unless asked about it. Even then, just give a little so that they ask for more when they want it.

I know from experience that you're not ready to listen to information about any diet until you 're ready to listen. My doctor recommended IP to me 2 years ago at several office visits. I never even listened and dismissed her recommendation as a ploy for her to make more money! 2 years later I was ready and asked a friend what she did to lose 65 pounds. Ready!!

So true that people are threatened when they see someone lose wait successfully. It's hard to believe that it's possible to do! But we are the proof that this works!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote