Old 12-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/179/140

Height: 5"8

Default jumping back on the Ideal Protein plan - buddies wanted!

Hi Everyone -

I did the Ideal Protein diet for two months this summer and lost 26 lbs.
Something happened, I don't know, maybe I thought I wouldn't gain it back?, and I started to slip off of the diet...I've been on and off of it since, which we all know doesn't really work.

I was part of this community when I started, but more silent. I'm realizing I need some support. I would like to lose another 35 lbs (from my current weight -- I had gained back 7 lbs)

If you'd be willing to send me your stories and encouragement along the way - I would be honored.

Thank you for being a part of this forum...I feel like this time having a place to openly talk about things will certainly be a huge help.
SurferGirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #2  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

You've got 1 buddy here!

As you already know, there support here is incomparable!
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #3  

THANK YOU YAELBELLE!

yes - utilizing the support I think will make a huge difference.
thank you for being my buddy!!!!! i look forward to hearing about your progress and tips as well.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #4  

Welcome back!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #5  

Thank you Willi; thanks so much.
Looks like our current status and goals are similar!
Thanks for the support.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You can do it! You're already stronger than the first time - you have recognized what happened and you're taking action against it. You know to come here for questions, encouragement, and the occasional "come to Jesus" moment And best of all, you KNOW the program works when you stick with it! Hang in there, we'll be along for the ride too!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurferGirl007 View Post
Thank you Willi; thanks so much.
Looks like our current status and goals are similar!
Thanks for the support.
We will be buddies! When do you hope to be at goal? I am hoping for the end of March.
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #8  

@scorbett1103 - thank you so much for your kind words and enthusiasm! how fantastic are you?!!!

@willi - sounds GREAT! I'll shoot for end of March too!!!!!! Keep me posted on your progress please!!! The first round, I lost 26 lbs in 60 days and I was extremely strict.

My goal is to not only lose, but not let another slip-up happen where I have trouble maintaining once I've lost (as i did before)...but for now I'll take it one day at a time and just focus on the NOW.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #9  

Hey Surfer - slip ups happen but the thing I have to learn is just becuz I made a mistake that doesn't mean I can continue to make the same mistake. For me if I ate one cookie then I would think "well I blew it" and would eat the box.
I know, my logic was a "little" off! actually had this happen yesterday when I ate a cracker (after being put in a leg cast). after finishing the first one I thought "how did that help my leg?" it didnt so I put the box down and ate my IP approved meal
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #10  

great words of wisdom maezy. yes - it's really easy to do that or to say, "well, tomorrow i'll get back on track."....thanks for the encouragement. and congrats on your 36 lbs lost! looks to me like you're doing great!!!!! thanks friend.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Surfer Girl! Welcome back. I'm doing a reboot to lose 27 #s that I recently put back on. I'm on day 9 of my reboot and am down nearly 10 #s. As soon as I needed my reboot I can back here to chat with other IP folks. For some of us it's just a must for success. So, you're in the right place! Make sure to stop by daily and make a promise to post at least once a day...

Be well and you'll get to goal b/f you know it. Don't stop visiting!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #12  

thanks new englander! congrats on your 10 lbs!!!!!! thanks for your encouragement and validation i've never really felt comfortable speaking openly about weight loss - so this is all new to me. great to have so much support. please keep me posted on your progress as well!!! any IP secrets you may have would be much appreciated.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #13  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

SurferGirl007 - Welcome back! I started in October, so I wasn't on 3FC when you were over the summer. It's nice to meet you! As others have stated, coming back to IP when you realized that you weren't maintaining was the right move. There is so much support here; I'm still in awe. If you don't find what you need by just reading the current threads on any given day........... then reach out and ask for it. Many wonderful people who will give you the time and words that you want to hear or need to hear. I'm trying to rethink my thinking while I'm on P1 - that when I lose the weight - I CAN'T go back to my old eating habits. If I do, I will gain the weight back, maybe not overnight but it will happen. I've never really grasped this concept in the past. It's really the first time in my life that I am coming to terms that I won't be able to live that way ever again.
The few times I have lost a significant amount of weight, I never had any support on the maintenance portion. It was if you have succeeded losing weight - now just go out and live life. I and many others on this IP weight loss journey are really coming to understand (in the brain and in the heart) that the REAL work comes when you get to goal, not right now when losing. I've always had supportive friends and family regarding my weight and weight loss attempts, but I've NEVER had something as special as this website. There is a uniqueness in having people who know exactly what you are going through (with IP) at your disposal by just logging on. I truly see this site and plans to log on daily as being a huge part of my future accomplishments in maintaining my weight loss. Good Luck to you! I look forward to getting to know you better Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
SurferGirl007 - Welcome back! I started in October, so I wasn't on 3FC when you were over the summer. It's nice to meet you! As others have stated, coming back to IP when you realized that you weren't maintaining was the right move. There is so much support here; I'm still in awe. If you don't find what you need by just reading the current threads on any given day........... then reach out and ask for it. Many wonderful people who will give you the time and words that you want to hear or need to hear. I'm trying to rethink my thinking while I'm on P1 - that when I lose the weight - I CAN'T go back to my old eating habits. If I do, I will gain the weight back, maybe not overnight but it will happen. I've never really grasped this concept in the past. It's really the first time in my life that I am coming to terms that I won't be able to live that way ever again.
The few times I have lost a significant amount of weight, I never had any support on the maintenance portion. It was if you have succeeded losing weight - now just go out and live life. I and many others on this IP weight loss journey are really coming to understand (in the brain and in the heart) that the REAL work comes when you get to goal, not right now when losing. I've always had supportive friends and family regarding my weight and weight loss attempts, but I've NEVER had something as special as this website. There is a uniqueness in having people who know exactly what you are going through (with IP) at your disposal by just logging on. I truly see this site and plans to log on daily as being a huge part of my future accomplishments in maintaining my weight loss. Good Luck to you! I look forward to getting to know you better Jen
You always have such nice things to say and you say them beautifully. I enjoy reading your posts.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #15  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Thank you Holly (and Iris from a previous thread). I am a somewhat quiet person in life, but when I decide to speak up or say something, I can be long -winded (esp if it's something I feel strongly about). So, I appreciate that people aren't wanting to scream when they see my long posts!

BTW Holly, you and I are close in stats (other than I was 30lbs heavier lol). I have so enjoyed seeing you get close to your goal and the amazing transformation in your pictures. You give me hope that I too will look like that one day - which is AWESOME. I loved the skirt outfit you wore the other day! Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote