Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Well I don't have to worry about WI's for awhile. Went to see my Dr. becuz my knee replacement is still killing me. Long story but the result is a cast on my leg and impending surgery. This will be my 3rd surgery in a year on this stupid **** **** *** ****** knee! (<--fill in whatever words you would like)
I came home and ate a cracker - well that made my leg feel better didn't it? NO! so I ordered grilled shrimp and steamed veggies
Trying to keep my spirits up. Having to be driven everywhere STINKS!
Maezy! I am so sorry for what you are going through. I broke my leg a couple of years ago and could not walk for about 18 weeks and It was HORRIBLE. I didn't realize how hard the world is to maneuver without a leg. Also, people don't realize you lose your leg, but 2 hands too as you have to use them for the crutches. Anyway, I can say I barely feel your pain and I have a lot of sympathy for you. One thing I did remember was as hard as it was to move around in that situation, extra pounds would make it so much harder. So, even if you don't try to lose weight, just be careful not too gain. Also, I used those stretch arm band things so at least I could get some arm, chest and back workouts. I also did things like reverse sit ups that would use my leg. But, a healing bone or joint takes a LOT of energy to heal. So, be as good to yourself as you can. Let others do for you! Good luck and again, so sorry you are going through all of this.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
Wow, garlic has that many carbs? Who woulda thunk that? :-) Good to know, though!

Just had a realization--now I actually weigh LESS than what my driver's license says!
Oh that is awesome! I am still about 15 lbs away from what my drivers license says. That will be a good goal! Thanks for the inspiration, congratulations.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 205/205/155

Height: 5'7"

Quick question can you drink V8 juice in P1?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #34  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasamsdad View Post
Quick question can you drink V8 juice in P1?
Definitely not. V8 contains carrots and beets which are on the "forbidden" vegetable list, and juice is not going to give you the roughage that you need from eating actual vegetables. Having juice is not the same as having puree - with puree you are still getting all the fibrous parts of the veggies, in juice they are strained out.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Good Morning all!!

Last night was rough for me. Every Friday night, esp when I worked full time and was stressed out of my head, I would come home and eat leftover pizza, have a couple glasses of wine and watch my wedding shows. (TLC). Of course my husband and daughter keep their Friday tradition, I wouldn't expect them not too.
I had a stressful shift last night, barely drank enough water, so I felt the comfort hunger pains grow as I edged closer to going home. I KNEW there was pizza and wine in the fridge.
When I got home, I starving. I actually took the pizza box out and sniffed the pizza. I knew I wasn't going to take it, but none the less I wanted to sink back into that old comfort.
I was really discouraged and sad. In any case, I made a cup of herbal tea and a salad with the Southwest puffs, Iceberg lettuce and WF thousand Island drsg. It was delicious and my tummy was full, but I can't seem to rid myself of that Friday night trigger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Well I don't have to worry about WI's for awhile. Went to see my Dr. becuz my knee replacement is still killing me. Long story but the result is a cast on my leg and impending surgery. This will be my 3rd surgery in a year on this stupid **** **** *** ****** knee! (<--fill in whatever words you would like)
I came home and ate a cracker - well that made my leg feel better didn't it? NO! so I ordered grilled shrimp and steamed veggies
Trying to keep my spirits up. Having to be driven everywhere STINKS!
NinjaNurse and maezy-

Hugs to you both! Sorry for your challenging times.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

I have a question (or discussion topic). I was thinking about putting it in a seperate thread, but decided to try putting it in the daily instead and hope it will generate lots of responses. It's about determining your end goal, and possibly revising your end goal, or possibly doing maintenance for a while, then coming back with a new end goal. How do you decide what your end goal will be? For how many of you is is based on your "ideal weight" versus how long you think you can tolerate being on this diet, or how long you feel you can stay on IP due to other reasons?

Here is what got me to thinking about it-I set my end goal at more than I think I should weigh ideally. But having been in the 180s for some time, 138 as a goal sounded great when I started. Plus the diet has been hard for me, I believe mostly because of my hypoglycemia. When I talk to friends who did IP, it sounds like my ongoing experience is more like their couple of weeks (low energy, mostly.) Ideally, I would do better feel better at 10or so lbs less based on my bone structure and what I know about my body. I really am torn between trying to talk myself into staying in Phase 1 longer and resetting my end goal versus phasing out for the end goal of 138, seeing how I feel, then returning to Phase 1 after a couple of months if I want to lose a bit more.

I'd appreciate any discussion and insight others can offer regarding end goals and how they set them. Thanks!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 12-01-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #37  
Started IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 258/198/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxmom View Post
I've got a bar and pre-cut veggies in my bag and am heading out to finish my Christmas shopping today. I'm determined to be done with it this weekend since our kids are coming to celebrate the holiday next weekend. Determination also extends to staying OP.
Well, I got all of the shopping done. Glad I took my lunch and water with me. Too many tempting food places in the mall.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #38  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I have a question (or discussion topic). I was thinking about putting it in a seperate thread, but decided to try putting it in the daily instead and hope it will generate lots of responses. It's about determining your end goal, and possibly revising your end goal, or possibly doing maintenance for a while, then coming back with a new end goal. How do you decide what your end goal will be? For how many of you is is based on your "ideal weight" versus how long you think you can tolerate being on this diet, or how long you feel you can stay on IP due to other reasons?

Here is what got me to thinking about it-I set my end goal at more than I think I should weigh ideally. But having been in the 180s for some time, 138 as a goal sounded great when I started. Plus the diet has been hard for me, I believe mostly because of my hypoglycemia. When I talk to friends who did IP, it sounds like my ongoing experience is more like their couple of weeks (low energy, mostly.) Ideally, I would do better feel better at 10or so lbs less based on my bone structure and what I know about my body. I really am torn between trying to talk myself into staying in Phase 1 longer and resetting my end goal versus phasing out for the end goal of 138, seeing how I feel, then returning to Phase 1 after a couple of months if I want to lose a bit more.

I'd appreciate any discussion and insight others can offer regarding end goals and how they set them. Thanks!
I set my goal weight to the weight that I maintained for 10 years of adulthood before steadily gaining to my current weight. I decided that I'd rather get down to that weight in one fell swoop and then decide how I want to handle maintainence from there. I have weighed about 10 lbs less at certain points in life, but that really wasn't my ideal weight when maintaining a fitness routine that built up a lot of muscle.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #39  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

I had initially set my goal weight at 5-10lbs above where I had maintained for many years before having children again (170lbs). When I was a starving college student I was 155, but I don't feel like that's a realistic weight given my build, if I want to be able to maintain comfortably and not stress all the time.

I got within 15lbs of that first goal and realized that I still felt like I had a way to go, and I wasn't burnt out on the diet yet. So I adjusted down another 10lbs. My mentality is that I am going to get as close to that number as possible - I want to be able to enjoy maintenance and not fight against the numbers every day. When I feel like I'm ready to stop, I will stop even if I haven't hit that number. I'm just going to go by how I feel, how my clothes feel, and keep in mind that my body will continue to change once I start exercising again.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #40  

I'm actually planning on seeing my dr and get her input on what she thinks my weight goal should be. Most times in the past few months I haven't felt denied.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #41  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

It was easy for me. Before I looked at any charts, I thought about the weight ranges I felt healthiest at, my body most naturally maintained the longest, and I felt the most comfortable in how I looked. The the ranges all overlapped. Then I looked at the BMI charts, but they WOULD NOT have been my deciding factor, and they basically indicated the same range. I picked the midpoint in those ranges. But am willing to stop if I hit a higher weight in the overall range and really feel it is the best point for me. I just set my goal as my "ideal" but my life and body are different now, so I might find my ideal is a bit higher or lower.
My doctor has a higher weight in mind for me, but experience tells me I might still be self conscious there.

Last edited by libertybelle; 12-01-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

I just set a goal for about a hundred pounds less. I'll see where it takes me. I want to be healthy and happy for me. I am seeing my Dr in FEB and take it from there.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #43  

Height: 5'8

Quote:

i base my number off of what i look like at goal
remember, muscle mass will make a difference in your numbers. the scale isn't the end all, be all
im happier at a higher wight with more muscle than i am 30 lbs lighter with no weight training
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Thank you!! I never thought of it that way. That WF TI dressing is addicting!! I am using it again with lunch.
I have to get me some of that stuff. I've tried numerous flavors, but only really like the French (and I'm not usually a French dressing eater, very strange for me).

Well, it's off to San Fran tomorrow for business for five days. I'm taking all my packets and supplements with me and plan on staying OP the entire time. At my WI yesterday, I FINALLY got past that 171.4 mark and was down to 171.0! I was very happy!

I hope you all have a wonderful remainder of your weekends!! I'll check in from SF tomorrow!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Regarding the ideal weight...I don't know.

I chose a body size (weight)that I liked pre- weight gain. BUT I am only 15lbs away and definitely still have a ways to go as far as body shape/size.

I would like to be a comfortable size 6, and am sitting at a little big 12 or tight 10 right now.

So, like mentioned previously, I am looking at:
what can I maintain long term
Where do I feel comfortable
And is it a healthy size, rather than just the scale.

If there is a magic formula, please share though!!
Closed Thread