3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270781-maintainers-vol-9-a.html)

wuv2bloved 11-30-2012 11:28 AM

Maintainers Vol 9

Ok, I noticed this one was over 500post and didn't want to have it closed before opening another one so here it is!!!

SaraBean 11-30-2012 12:50 PM

Thanks Wuv :)

Maile 11-30-2012 03:34 PM

Thanks WUV. It has been a hectic few days..too many meetings.
I am working on getting a few pounds down so I am on the low end of my range.

Ishbel: I have no experience with spirulina. Your VIP is getting close to goal..Great.

Sonyainava: I would also consider quinoa a carb..but try it with the avocado..even if the avocado is a fat. If you go up I would take out the avocado or drop back to only one half cup of carbs..not one.

Evapet..See you soon! Good luck on your phases and getting where you want to go.

New Englander 11-30-2012 03:48 PM

Hi Maintainers, I've been posting a lot in the reboot thread. I had a month of doing what I want and it caught up to me. It's all good 'cause it was fun! And now I know how to get it off (I love that part of this "diet").

Have a great day all!

Maggie

Maile 12-01-2012 08:28 AM

Maggie. Ip gives us the tools to reboot and lose when we need to. That is why I love IP. I am glad your reboot is going well!

Momto2cs 12-01-2012 11:54 AM

Hello volume 9!
I went to another Christmas party last night. That was definitely my cheat day! Must drink lots of water today!

Determinedat47 12-01-2012 02:16 PM

Wonder what ever happened to jellymae, pixlkitty, linden,itsabout time(lindsey)and where are you capricious????????

Momto2cs 12-02-2012 09:20 PM

Yes. I hope they are all out there maintaining and enjoying life!

Ishbel 12-03-2012 08:48 AM

Hey Hey Everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Put up the Christmas tree this weekend and numerous other decorations. Smushed the VIP's and my decorations together, I don't think Vadar (his decoration) intended on protecting a pink castle (my decoration)! But hey its cute and it works and it makes me laugh! :)

SO, not sure if anyone but maile saw my query - does anyone use spirulina??

New Englander - There is always Phase 1 to fall back on, I know you'll do well :)

Determinedat47 I often wonder that too, lindsey had a blog on her signature, maybe you can find it if you find one of her posts. I always insert 'Star Wars' in a hope to bring cap out of lurkdom (if she's there).:wave:

Here's a great quote from Beck Diet Solution:

Monday Motivation: There is a big difference between things that are really hard and things that are impossible. If you feel daunted by the prospect of losing and maintaining weight, remind yourself that it is a matter of learning and practicing (over and over again) necessary skills, not an impossible feat. Telling yourself it’s impossible is an excuse to give up. Telling yourself it’s hard but worth working on is a motivation to keep moving forward.

Maile 12-03-2012 09:33 AM

Isbel, that was a great quote from Beck.It is a matter of learning and practicing over and over again.

Determined: I also wonder how many of the people who do not post are doing.I wish them well and hope they are happy.

The Xmas parties are starting. I love the comment that Xmas is only one day..not a month of indulging.

cbl70 12-03-2012 11:04 AM

Hello Maintainers,
I'm taking the plunge and dumping ALL my "way too big now" old clothes. They are having a professional clothing drive at my office this week so I'll be making a major contribution. But I've almost nothing left in my closet.
I've only been in maintenance about a month but I'm determined to maintain. It's scary getting rid of everything but I don't want to give myself any room to grow back into them.

greeniris 12-03-2012 11:38 AM

Good morning! I'm coming out of 'lurkdom' on this thread now, as I am on my 2nd day of P3, and feeling good (other than a sinus infection). Have had LizRR's Peachy Bread Pudding these past 2 mornings (made a double batch) - mmmmm:D Still figuring out the rest of my breakfasts, but looking forward to maintenance in a couple of weeks!

Have to admit, up until about 3 weeks ago, really thought I had this program down and had learned how to control my urges to eat off program (emotional/stress eating. Even though I am post-menopausal, IP has played havoc with my hormones!). Lately it has been soooo hard to stay OP, and in fact I did have a couple of minor cheats. Goes to show that I have to ALWAYS be on my guard; and don't get over-confident. I'm going to check out some gyms in the area this week and get the schedule of classes at the Sportsplex. It's time to tone & strengthen these weak & flabby muscles - LOL.

Have a great Monday!

Maile 12-04-2012 07:48 AM

Greeniris: I think we will all always have those urges for food that need to be controlled. The other day I was depressed as I was sick of endless days of freezing fog. As I drove home I told myself that I wanted something very good to eat. Now this is comforting yourself with food. However, I was not bingeing or going off. I just made one of my favorite low carb meals.

cb170: Getting rid of those large clothes is a sign that you believe in yourself and your ability to maintain. Good for you!

Have a great day maintainers.

LizRR 12-04-2012 10:42 AM

Hope everyones been well, i have suddenly found myself on the higher end of my safe zone! Tom is also over a week late, still surprising that my cycle is still off sometimes. I have been lax on some P4 guidelines, but havent gone off the deep end, i definitely need to plan and track my meals better though. It is easy to "lose count" when things get busy! I am running the Dallas Half Marathon Sunday morning and feel great!

I did my morning run today, might try to squeeze in a bootcamp tonight if i get home in time. I made butternut squash need & ricotta pancakes this morning...yum!

eandc2006 12-04-2012 11:22 AM

Hey maintainers. I am about to join you all here real soon. Starting p3 next Monday and planning in starting maintainence on Xmas eve. Have been bak on phase 1 since the 25th and am down another 6lbs after phasing off for three days to enjoy thanksgiving and then getting back in with it. My question is how long do you do phase 3 for before going to maintainence again? Do you do your time in phase 1 until you get to goal, two weeks of 3, and then onward or do some of you jump back into maintenance right away after phase 1? I am traveling for Xmas and would like to have a balance of eating what I enjoy within moderation and also maybe doing some phase 1 days to keep things in check and maybe even loose a pound or two.