Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #16  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Weighed in last night at my brother's and I'm down 2.8 pounds for this week. I've passed my 1/2 way mark for pounds lost, to my first goal of 180! Five more to Onederland! I like the Boot Camp, revised version for me, keeps me accountable.
Congratulations! Almost 3 more lbs gone forever!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Good morning! Rainbow, LOVE your poem! Wow - and wonderful chef AND a poet....aren't you the renaissance woman:-) As far as the shrinking boobs, my DAUGHTER walked into the house this week, gave me a hug and proceeded to make comments about my cute "mosquito bites" on my chest! Sweet, huh? LOL.

Well, I stayed OP yesterday, however, somewhere along the way, I totally forgot a packet. Even looking through what I posted yesterday, I didn't include a packet for lunch - and it wasn't until I was sitting at an LSU basketball game last night that I realized I had missed a packet. Mmmm - "menopausal moment" maybe? Grrrr.....

Today's menu:
Breakfast: 2 c coffee and IP RTU Vanilla Drink
Lunch : Cucumbers & IP Pina Colada Drink
Snack: IP Crispy Cereal Pancakes & Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie" Tea
Dinner: (Going out for our 5 year dating anniversary, so not sure, but probably 8 oz filet and steamed veggies.) Going to be hard to resist one glass of wine to toast our anniversary - but am going to remain strong and order sparkling water with lemon!!!

Boyfriend has been so supportive of me in the endeavor, and tells everyone about my accomplishments, so I'm sure he'll be on board with me passing on the wine, even though we LOVE going to wine tastings and events.....but it will be there when I get to goal - and when my blood tests reveal drop in bp, glucose numbers and cholesterol!!!!!!

Have a happy Friday
Kids! Even when grown up they say the 'darndest' things! My boyfriend (VIP) is also very supportive of me...could not have done this without his complete support! He didn't even complain when I was grumpy & moody (well, not seriously complain - made jokes about it though). Enjoy your anniversary dinner out!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello all you fab 50's, happy Friday! I'm up earlier than normal and feeling Hungary, but I'm hoping that means something's working. Hope everyone has a super day! Teena
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #18  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Congratulations Rainbow!!!! and I'm still chuckling at your poem! LOL

Lisa - nothing wrong with baby steps! You're doing great!

I've stayed OP today, but need to finish my supplements & water. I think my first P3 breakfast is going to be Peachy Bread Pudding (one of LizRR's recipes)!
Now how did I miss 'Peachy Bread Pudding'? I did try LizRR's pumpkin pie as breakfast while I was on my temporary P3 stint. Very good. I just made the custardy part, and ate my gluten-free cereal while it was cooking. Felt like I was eating dessert for breakfast. Enjoy. I really appreciated the taste of apples .... yogourt.... blackberries. I think that's going to be the hardest thing to give up again, going back to Phase 1 for a while.

Congrats again - you've done really well. Enjoy those P3 breakfasts - you've earned them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
all packed for the family christmas party!! TSO 2morrow night and christmas presents on sat and church on sun....its gonna be an awesome weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great family christmas party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Ok I admit it. I did not do so well today. Don't really know what happened but all my resolve went to h@@@ in a hand basket. And I am mad ar me. Ok tomorrow will be a new day. I'm over it TGIf for tomorrow! Got the grand boys starting at 3:30 tomorrow and a sick momma. Say a prayer for rhonduz pleazzzzzzzz!
Ok - today's a new day. Thinking of you and sending lots of good, positive energy your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Wow, yes, TFIG indeed, tomorrow. I probably did something silly tonight - if not off plan. I doused my beef and veggies with soy sauce, and my WI is tomorrow.... drink drink drink water!!! so I soak it all up for a day or two... ah well, it tasted great. I got my Wii today!! but it's going under the tree for Christmas. Still we had 14 days for returns, so wanted to make sure it worked it does.. I got to "box" for a few minutes just to make sure it worked. Got the ol' arm flaps going... I'll have to remember to wear my arm shapers! I'm excited about really getting to play with it.

Soooooo since Wii is Christmas... I may still get something special for the 100 lb mark (hopefully next week). Probably a bracelet I'm thinking.
Wow-wow-wow. 100 lbs almost gone next week. That's wonderful. What an accomplishment. You definitely deserve a special treat next week - a bracelet sounds like a great way to commemorate it, and will be a good reminder too of what you've accomplished and how far you've come.

Quote:
Morning Ladies! Congrats Rainbow on the 8's...Love the poem! Halfagain, you are amazing! Woo Hoo!

Weighed in last night at my brother's and I'm down 2.8 pounds for this week. I've passed my 1/2 way mark for pounds lost, to my first goal of 180! Five more to Onederland! I like the Boot Camp, revised version for me, keeps me accountable.

Have a wonderful day! We are supposed to hit 60 today...20 degrees two days ago and 60 today!
Congrats on the -2.8lbs! I like these boot camps too, and like you I'm using it as an extra tool to help me stay 100% this week. I'm not strictly speaking 'boot camping' - but I've made a committment to follow-the-letter-of-the-IP-law and stay 100% for the next two weeks. Especially so as I'm testing whether going to P3 for 5 days will have any affect in shaking up my metabolism and getting the weight loss going again. Gotta give it my best 100% shot! I'm soooo hoping it works.... it helps me get into the 150s within the next couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Good morning! Rainbow, LOVE your poem! Wow - and wonderful chef AND a poet....aren't you the renaissance woman:-) As far as the shrinking boobs, my DAUGHTER walked into the house this week, gave me a hug and proceeded to make comments about my cute "mosquito bites" on my chest! Sweet, huh? LOL.

Well, I stayed OP yesterday, however, somewhere along the way, I totally forgot a packet. Even looking through what I posted yesterday, I didn't include a packet for lunch - and it wasn't until I was sitting at an LSU basketball game last night that I realized I had missed a packet. Mmmm - "menopausal moment" maybe? Grrrr.....

Today's menu:
Breakfast: 2 c coffee and IP RTU Vanilla Drink
Lunch : Cucumbers & IP Pina Colada Drink
Snack: IP Crispy Cereal Pancakes & Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie" Tea
Dinner: (Going out for our 5 year dating anniversary, so not sure, but probably 8 oz filet and steamed veggies.) Going to be hard to resist one glass of wine to toast our anniversary - but am going to remain strong and order sparkling water with lemon!!!

Boyfriend has been so supportive of me in the endeavor, and tells everyone about my accomplishments, so I'm sure he'll be on board with me passing on the wine, even though we LOVE going to wine tastings and events.....but it will be there when I get to goal - and when my blood tests reveal drop in bp, glucose numbers and cholesterol!!!!!!

Have a happy Friday
Don't forget your packets... you definitely need every single thing we're allowed on this diet. I love to hear of VIPs who are so supportive on our journey - sounds like you've got a keeper there. Have a great 5 year anniversary tonight! Sounds like you've got a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Okay, we need to find a peach-flavored-sumthin-or-other!
Is there an alternative peachy drink?
Peach Mio? (the Mango-Peach tastes more like Mango to me. Haven't tried the Peach Tea yet. I'm a plain-unsweet tea girl so not sure about this one)

Ideas?
I can find subs for my other fav flavors: raspberry, strawberry (thanks WF) Blueberry, lemon, lime, cherry. But PEACH...<le sigh>....
I'm not even that big of an apple girl but I like the WF apple butter. WHERE's my peach? (remember "Where's the beef?") Oh my, I'm in a mood this morning...
"Where's my peach?" indeed. It was the fruit that I enjoyed the most during the recent few days I spend doing a P3 stint in the hopes of rejuvenating my weight loss efforts. It tasted sooooo good! (As Rainbow says... le sigh). And I wasn't a big fruit eater before.

Day 1 of 'Return to Phase 1' went very well. I was a little worried that I'd have cravings, be hungry, or otherwise have difficulties getting back into the strictness of P1 - but all was well and I was totally 100% Even found a few ProtiDiet pudding packets at the back of my cupboard, so I didn't have to use my tofu chocolate mousse recipe as a substitute for that.

My menu for today will be:

Breakfast: French vanilla protein shake blended in strong decaf chai tea w a dash of cappella french vanilla flavor drops.
Lunch: ProtiDiet green pea soup, blended with 3/4 cup of zucchini/1/4 cup red peppers, with curry to taste and freshly ground black pepper on top. Plus 1 cup side salad of cucumber/celery/radishes w dried basil, 1 tsp evoo, acv, dash of stevia & sprinkle of sea salt.
Dinner: 8 oz pork loin chops cooked in slow cooker with 1/2 cup celery & 1/2 cup onion, with 2 tbsp of WF bbq sauce brushed on them. Served with 1 cup broccoli.
Evening Snack: Either ProtiDiet pudding or a warmed up Chocolate Truffle Protein Shake.
Water... water... water...

Cheers everyone. Have a great OP Friday.

Last edited by evepet; 11-30-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #19  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Okay, we need to find a peach-flavored-sumthin-or-other!
Is there an alternative peachy drink?
Peach Mio? (the Mango-Peach tastes more like Mango to me. Haven't tried the Peach Tea yet. I'm a plain-unsweet tea girl so not sure about this one)

Ideas?
I can find subs for my other fav flavors: raspberry, strawberry (thanks WF) Blueberry, lemon, lime, cherry. But PEACH...<le sigh>....
I'm not even that big of an apple girl but I like the WF apple butter. WHERE's my peach? (remember "Where's the beef?") Oh my, I'm in a mood this morning...

Even tho I'm not to my next goal, I've started looking for my wii fit on ebay. With Christmas looming, I'm guessing prices will be going up. I'll get one when I find a good price & just keep it in a closet or the garage. It will get hooked up when I meet mini goal #4 (=205).

I took one of my (TWO!) exercise balls to work. I'm going to start using it for my desk chair, hoping I can increase core strength in this passive manner and start working on rehabbing my back. I have SI joint probs and I've been to PT for it in the past. I got into such bad shape through falls and injuries and then needing foot surgery and then recovery from foot surgery that the need for the exercises for the SI joint went on a back-burner. It is TIME to move forward with this. Back pain keeps holding me back. I can't even walk very far w/o back pain rearing its ugly head! grrrr

This is my first step toward adding some exercise back into my life. It amazes me that 5 years ago I was going to the gym every morning at 5 am (before my hip started hurting). How quickly we can go downhill

But now I'm headed up, up, up!!!
Melaleuca has a product called Splash H2O that comes in the flavor Tangerine Peach - mostly peachy. It is a 0/0/0 drink.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Went shopping in my closet last night. Found that some of my favorite things now fit ( and will fit better after about 5-10 more pounds). Many of them perfect for the Holidays.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Morning everyone. snowy and cold here and I have a terrible head cold. So not a pleasant day.
I decided to work from home today. I was reading on the end of of last thread about Molly's boss and had to wonder if the same person could be running from down south way up north.
I am very experienced in my job having done it for 40 years. I also have a 30+mile compute each way. My boss is a marvel at calling last minute meetings on Friday afternoons and sending texts when I'm half way home that she needs something immediately. Of course everything she is looking for is well documented on the computer but she is not savvy enough to figure things out.
Actually I could be retired this year but a dear friend and co-worker has breast cancer and the stress of dealing with that along with the worry she would have to come back to the same team with our boss was too much. So I told her I would stay in that spot and if she came back they would have to put her on a different team. Besides the money comes in handy for now.

Anyway, enough for that rant!

Eve pet, I was trying to track you down and found you posting back here. I was wondering if you went back to using the baking mixes yet. I think I will make the waffles this morning.
I was thinking about your muffin recipe but I don't have any tofu.

I have been reading the many threads that have popped up all over on maintenance and becoming more and more confused. I am a closet maintainer I guess. I reached my goal of 130 at the end of April. But as soon as I went on phase 3 I instantly gained 5 pounds that I have been trying to get off ever since. they do say that happens to some people.

Anyway I am still totally confused with all the pages of info on maintenance, firstly because there is no way I can eat all they suggest and not gain. My omron scale says 1280 calories a day to maintain and I think that is right.

But I just realized my total confusion is because not being able to eat wheat or dairy, I eat very few carbs anyway. My natural way of eating is phase 2 with a protein shake for breakfast. people are talking about being allowed to have a ham and cheese sandwich etc but a sandwich is a distant memory for me.

The reason I really want to get the 5 pounds off again is because it all goes to my belly and put me between pant sizes. It is more of a problem with summer pants, which often go S,M,L. S is 6-8, M is 8-10. So small is too small, M is too big. well I have some months left to work on that problem before I need summer pants again.

Sorry for the long rant about nothing. just trying to get into work mode.
it was -20 here last night and our ancient kitty Harriet had me up several times in the night. She cannot believe the cold and snow has come again and will not use her litter box. She kept howling at me to open the door so she could check if it had warmed up any. She finally gave up and ran out quickly to pee. Now she's all cuddled up in front of the gas fireplace to sleep the day away.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 11-30-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #22  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Morning everyone. snowy and cold here and I have a terrible head cold. So not a pleasant day.
I decided to work from home today. I was reading on the end of of last thread about Molly's boss and had to wonder if the same person could be running from down south way up north.
I am very experienced in my job having done it for 40 years. I also have a 30+mile compute each way. My boss is a marvel at calling last minute meetings on Friday afternoons and sending texts when I'm half way home that she needs something immediately. Of course everything she is looking for is well documented on the computer but she is not savvy enough to figure things out.
Actually I could be retired this year but a dear friend and co-worker has breast cancer and the stress of dealing with that along with the worry she would have to come back to the same team with our boss was too much. So I told her I would stay in that spot and if she came back they would have to put her on a different team. Besides the money comes in handy for now.

Anyway, enough for that rant!

Eve pet, I was trying to track you down and found you posting back here. I was wondering if you went back to using the baking mixes yet. I think I will make the waffles this morning.
I was thinking about your muffin recipe but I don't have any tofu.

I have been reading the many threads that have popped up all over on maintenance and becoming more and more confused. I am a closet maintainer I guess. I reached my goal of 130 at the end of April. But as soon as I went on phase 3 I instantly gained 5 pounds that I have been trying to get off ever since. they do say that happens to some people.

Anyway I am still totally confused with all the pages of info on maintenance, firstly because there is no way I can eat all they suggest and not gain. My omron scale says 1280 calories a day to maintain and I think that is right.

But I just realized my total confusion is because not being able to eat wheat or dairy, I eat very few carbs anyway. My natural way of eating is phase 2 with a protein shake for breakfast. people are talking about being allowed to have a ham and cheese sandwich etc but a sandwich is a distant memory for me.

The reason I really want to get the 5 pounds off again is because it all goes to my belly and put me between pant sizes. It is more of a problem with summer pants, which often go S,M,L. S is 6-8, M is 8-10. So small is too small, M is too big. well I have some months left to work on that problem before I need summer pants again.

Sorry for the long rant about nothing. just trying to get into work mode.
it was -20 here last night and our ancient kitty Harriet had me up several times in the night. She cannot believe the cold and snow has come again and will not use her litter box. She kept howling at me to open the door so she could check if it had warmed up any. She finally gave up and ran out quickly to pee. Now she's all cuddled up in front of the gas fireplace to sleep the day away.
Pat
Sorry to hear that you're under the weather Patns. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Yes, I decided to come back to P1 and do my best to get down a few more lbs. If I can somehow (and it will be a stretch, given my weight loss history) manage to lose 4lbs over the next two weeks, then I'll be at 158lbs and I'd seriously consider phasing off for good. But when I'm honest with myself I admit that I'm not yet happy with the way I look - it's all due to still carrying too much weight in my tummy area. Like you said, it affects the sizing of pants, and in general still makes me feel a little 'dumpy' figure-wise. I just hope that another 4 lbs lost disappears from that area and not from my upper body or thighs. I definitely do not need more weight loss above or below the stomach area.

I haven't re-stocked those low carb muffin mixes you're referring to. I did it on purpose so I wouldn't have them around to tempt me. So the 'grain' carbs portion of my P3 breakfasts came from either a serving of gluten-free oatmeal, a serving of a gluten-free cereal that I'd ran across and bought about a month ago (in anticipation I guess), or a sandwich bun thingie made by Dempsey's called a 'thin bun' which is whole weight and very tasty. Oddly enough, while these all definitely made me feel quite full through the tummy immediately after finishing breakfast, by lunch time I felt like I was burning it off. And I didn't experience any 'up and down' on the scales with any of them. I lost 1 lb after my first day on P3, and then remained constant. Maybe because those grain carbs are limited to the breakfast meal in P3?

I've been reading everything I can find on Maintenance too. I only realized yesterday that there's an excellent (older) thread in the stickies called 'Life After Phase 1'. I'm half way through it, and found it quite useful.

I think I'll be ok with incorporating dairy back into my diet... but I'm going to really keep an eye on how the carbs work out as I eventually return to P3 and phasing out for good.

I feel sorry for your aged kitty. Can't say that I blame her, not wanting to run out into a cold, dark night to do her 'business'. Hopefully the litter box will look more attractive to her as an option soon.

So for the next couple of weeks I'm really buckling down and hoping against hope that my 5 days on P3 helps to get the scale moving again. I'd dearly love to phase out and enjoy a 'fun day' at our family Christmas get together... but I know that I won't enjoy it unless I'm at a weight that feels like I've accomplished what I set out to do.

Feel better soon.

PS. - Have to say I've been blessed through my working history with mostly good bosses. Sounds like yours can be rather inconsiderate.

Last edited by evepet; 11-30-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #23  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Congratulations Rainbow!!!! and I'm still chuckling at your poem! LOL

Lisa - nothing wrong with baby steps! You're doing great!

I've stayed OP today, but need to finish my supplements & water. I think my first P3 breakfast is going to be Peachy Bread Pudding (one of LizRR's recipes)!
Welcome to phase 3!

Please let me know how the bread pudding is. I have not tried that one. I did a variation of the Oatmeal/Apple pancakes - left out the apple and put blueberries on top instead, and reduced the egg white so it wasn't too liquid. If you like oatmeal, you'll love that one - and it was quick and easy to throw together in the morning before work.

Congrats on the new decade, Rainbow!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #24  
began IP May 25

Just checking in quickly to say HELLO, and put my menu in for the day...

B'fast: Cream of Chicken Soup (I know, but I'm still not feeling well)
Lunch: Roasted Pork Loin (8 oz), Spinach salad & raw broccoli
Supper: probably either BBQ (WF) pork or pork tacos, cauli rice
Snack: EAS CarbadvantEdge choc drink, warmed up

VIP will be gone again most of the weekend, so hoping I can sleep a lot to shake this darn bug. (Good news: he just got hired in at Lowe's here, so between his 2 PT jobs he shouldn't have to travel to IN anymore for sub-contract work on the weekends! Yay )
Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Wow this has been a very talkative group since I've been gone the last couple of days, and a new volume too. Thanks Rainbow for starting it once again, especially because your starting page always looks way better than what I could come up with.

Rainbow have a great weekend away, it's sounds like so much fun!. For those of you under the weather...get better soon. Halfagain...almost to 100 pounds lost, that is amazing.

Well I am doing much better today than the last few days. I had to go for my yearly MRI last month and well to make a long story short they saw some things that needed to be checked out further and in that process they found a suspicious looking growth in my kidney. Well to make an even longer story short I was freaked out that I had kidney cancer for the last couple of days, but thankfully the doctor called late yesterday and it's not cancer. I just need to have another ultrasound in six months to make sure that the cyst isn't changing, and if it does then I will probably opt to have it removed just to be on the safe side. The doctor said I've probably had it for years, but because I had to go in for another test, they accidentally found this. I tell you hitting middle age can really suck sometimes. Anyway, I've been so stressed I had no problem staying on boot camp because when I get stressed I can't eat. However when I did get the good news yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate and I had a yummy 8oz steak with some steamed brocolli. Now that all is well again I can once again concentrate on the upcoming holidays and going home in about a week to celebrate Hanukkah with the entire family.

So today will be my last day of bootcamp.
B: 8oz. of Greek yogurt
L: IP pudding and roasted seaweed
D: IP brocolli and cheese soup and roasted asparagus
s: IP pudding
Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #26  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Did you lose almost a100 pounds since June? That is amazing! You deserve a nice bracelet.
Good luck on the weigh-in
Thank you! yep all on IP since end of June. I'm pretty amazed at how well this has worked and how "easy" (not always easy, but overall easy) this plan is to stick to for me.

Quote:
Morning Ladies! Congrats Rainbow on the 8's...Love the poem! Halfagain, you are amazing! Woo Hoo!

Have a wonderful day! We are supposed to hit 60 today...20 degrees two days ago and 60 today!
Congratulations on the loss! and for 1/2 to goal . Rainbow I totally agree on the poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Rainbow have a great weekend away, it's sounds like so much fun!. For those of you under the weather...get better soon. Halfagain...almost to 100 pounds lost, that is amazing.

Well I am doing much better today than the last few days. I had to go for my yearly MRI last month and well to make a long story short they saw some things that needed to be checked out further and in that process they found a suspicious looking growth in my kidney. Well to make an even longer story short I was freaked out that I had kidney cancer for the last couple of days, but thankfully the doctor called late yesterday and it's not cancer. I just need to have another ultrasound in six months to make sure that the cyst isn't changing, and if it does then I will probably opt to have it removed just to be on the safe side. The doctor said I've probably had it for years, but because I had to go in for another test, they accidentally found this. I tell you hitting middle age can really suck sometimes. Anyway, I've been so stressed I had no problem staying on boot camp because when I get stressed I can't eat. However when I did get the good news yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate and I had a yummy 8oz steak with some steamed broccoli. Now that all is well again I can once again concentrate on the upcoming holidays and going home in about a week to celebrate Hanukkah with the entire family.
Thanks Dana. I'm so glad you are okay, and cancer is not in the picture now. I'm glad they found the cyst so it can be monitored and you can figure out what (if anything) needs done there. It's so good to hear from you... I've missed you.

Boot camp for today - well lets start with weigh in. Down 1 lb this week. Since I weigh daily I can say I was down 2.6 lbs on Wed, but for whatever reason some crept back, so end result for the week is 1 lb. Well I know I had a flirtation (okay it was MORE than flirtation) with Soy Sauce. I must be salt sensitive somewhat because the Soy Nuts (eaten on Wed night Thurs) will make me add water weight as well. I do love salty.....

Today's meals are:
B: EAS chocolate fudge shake
L: Proti-Diet Chili, salad
D: baked chicken, zucchini, bell pepper
S: The Simply Bar chocolate peanut
water water water water

Vitamins - done for today.

On a NSV - I tried on some size 18's from my sister's donations. They fit! Not squeeze me in two fit..a bit snug, but hey they fit... good enough for me anyway. I'm wearing 'em! A different brand or fabric probably would not, but these do.

Last edited by Halfagain; 11-30-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Report for Friday
B- vanilla rtd
L- spinach salad,cup of mixed veg's,vanilla rtd,coffee
D- stuffed pepper w ground turkey,mix veg's,eas strawberry drink

All vits and water!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Thanks Dana. I'm so glad you are okay, and cancer is not in the picture now. I'm glad they found the cyst so it can be monitored and you can figure out what (if anything) needs done there. It's so good to hear from you... I've missed you.

Boot camp for today - well lets start with weigh in. Down 1 lb this week. Since I weigh daily I can say I was down 2.6 lbs on Wed, but for whatever reason some crept back, so end result for the week is 1 lb. Well I know I had a flirtation (okay it was MORE than flirtation) with Soy Sauce. I must be salt sensitive somewhat because the Soy Nuts (eaten on Wed night Thurs) will make me add water weight as well. I do love salty.....

Today's meals are:
B: EAS chocolate fudge shake
L: Proti-Diet Chili, salad
D: baked chicken, zucchini, bell pepper
S: The Simply Bar chocolate peanut
water water water water

Vitamins - done for today.

On a NSV - I tried on some size 18's from my sister's donations. They fit! Not squeeze me in two fit..a bit snug, but hey they fit... good enough for me anyway. I'm wearing 'em! A different brand or fabric probably would not, but these do.
Thank you, you are so sweet. Whoo Hoo on fitting into the next size down. Nothing better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Report for Friday
B- vanilla rtd
L- spinach salad,cup of mixed veg's,vanilla rtd,coffee
D- stuffed pepper w ground turkey,mix veg's,eas strawberry drink

All vits and water!
Great Job!!!

With all that has been going on in my life the last month or so, I really slacked off on going to the gym. So I decided today was the day, no excuses. I went, but totally forgot to take along an extra protein to eat once I got done working out. BIG MISTAKE! I lifted weights, and when I was done I felt SO shaky. I ended up eating a bar when I got home, boot camp or not today because I really needed something more substantial than just a RTD. Note to self...don't do that again.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #29  
began IP May 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
Went shopping in my closet last night. Found that some of my favorite things now fit ( and will fit better after about 5-10 more pounds). Many of them perfect for the Holidays.
Julie, you are doing so well! Wearing your favs for the Holidays is a wonderful NSV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Welcome to phase 3!

Please let me know how the bread pudding is. I have not tried that one. I did a variation of the Oatmeal/Apple pancakes - left out the apple and put blueberries on top instead, and reduced the egg white so it wasn't too liquid. If you like oatmeal, you'll love that one - and it was quick and easy to throw together in the morning before work.

Congrats on the new decade, Rainbow!
I love oatmeal; thanks for recommending this dish! I picked up some things at the store to make the P3 b'fasts today...fruits, silken tofu, Kashi cereal, granola, bread & eng. muffins, and Almond Silk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Wow this has been a very talkative group since I've been gone the last couple of days, and a new volume too. Thanks Rainbow for starting it once again, especially because your starting page always looks way better than what I could come up with.

Well I am doing much better today than the last few days. I had to go for my yearly MRI last month and well to make a long story short they saw some things that needed to be checked out further and in that process they found a suspicious looking growth in my kidney. Well to make an even longer story short I was freaked out that I had kidney cancer for the last couple of days, but thankfully the doctor called late yesterday and it's not cancer. I just need to have another ultrasound in six months to make sure that the cyst isn't changing, and if it does then I will probably opt to have it removed just to be on the safe side. The doctor said I've probably had it for years, but because I had to go in for another test, they accidentally found this. I tell you hitting middle age can really suck sometimes. Anyway, I've been so stressed I had no problem staying on boot camp because when I get stressed I can't eat. However when I did get the good news yesterday we went out to dinner to celebrate and I had a yummy 8oz steak with some steamed brocolli. Now that all is well again I can once again concentrate on the upcoming holidays and going home in about a week to celebrate Hanukkah with the entire family.

So today will be my last day of bootcamp.
B: 8oz. of Greek yogurt
L: IP pudding and roasted seaweed
D: IP brocolli and cheese soup and roasted asparagus
s: IP pudding
OMG Dana - you must have been terrified! What a huge relief that it isn't cancer....((HUGS))

Anyone else watching "Christmas at Rockefeller Center"? I love the Christmas specials
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #30  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all

The curse of getting up for work at 5:50AM Monday through Friday, you're wide awake around that time on Saturday. At least it turned into early morning cookie baking.

I found out that I can retire a month earlier as they will pay me for my vacation since I'm retiring. It's not a use it or lose it situation like if I just quit. I've now asked to retire 1/31. More time to get organized for our move up north. I'm getting real excited now.

WI tomorrow. Send all those good thoughts and the whoosh fairy so I can make my 100# loss mark. I only need to lose 1.6#. Will it taunt me for another week? I've been 100% except maybe a bit short on water. Fingers crossed.

Have a great OP day.
Molly
Closed Thread