Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
so tomorrow night is my hubbys christmas party...a somewhat formal affair....so i thought i'd ask your opinion on which dress to wear!!

help!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look so elegant in the black, but the blue is more festive. I would do the black.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #167  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
so tomorrow night is my hubbys christmas party...a somewhat formal affair....so i thought i'd ask your opinion on which dress to wear!!

Oh they are both great dresses but I vote for the black one. It's a stunner and you are shrinking everyday. You look amazing in it.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #168  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

thanks ladies for all the input!!!! the blue dress makes me feel like a princess!! it was given to me 13 years ago and i have never been able to wear it. i almost gave it away several times, but in the end am so glad i kept it. it is a size 20!!

there is a story behind the black dress!! i posted about it here in 3fc!!!
it took me awhile to find the old post...but it is here in this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...ml#post3631240

here is a copy!

ok....so this is a HUGE positive....for me....as i am always intimidated to set goals...because i seem to utterly fail at them if i profess them....weird i know!! so i am not ready yet to set any specific weight loss goals, or exercise goals....other then to work on them....but i decided i would make a goal for the end of the year....and it is a new years eve formal gown!!

yesterday...my dh and i wandered into the goodwill store here in our area...as some of you know, dh is still out of work having been laid off just over a year now...so funds are minimal. i rarely ever find things in my size at goodwill, but we have a really nice store and nigel finds BRAND NEW clothes with the tags all the time!! so i went exploring. i was basically looking for some exercise clothes i can wear to the gym, like long long baggy tshirts!! from the mens section.

something caught my eye...a glimmer of a sparkle...and there hanging on the display was this beautiful long formal black gown! in all my years...and i am no spring chicken...i have NEVER OWNED a long formal black gown. never. it has always been a dream of mine to be oh so elegant and wear a long formal gown. so i went over to it...to have a nice close look. it is beautiful!! the top section is gorgeous!!! as you can see, the area is a bit see-thru...with a ribbon like design that crosses and forms an "x" like area, and there are black sequins in each section that glimmer in the light.

it is a size 20!!! i wear a size 34!! 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32...uggg 34! it would be a long stretch if i were to be so bold as to reach a goal of a size 20 by the time NYE comes again....still...this dress seemed to speak to me...something inside of me became excited...i took the dress into the dressing room, not to try on, but to just hold it up in front of me...my hips stuck out on both sides of the imagine reflecting back at me. is it possible??? dare i dream??? standing there i felt like a princess looking at this dress!!!! i love the long sheer scarf that you can drape across your neckline and let hang down long in the back!!

this is a Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax Formal and is BRAND NEW with the tags!! the tags said $189.00, but the dresses sign in the store said $5.99!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? so i went and asked the sales lady....how much the dress was, and she said, all dresses are $5.99.

SERIOUSLY??? wow...thanks!!

so i showed dh...and he said what you got there miss susieQ?? i said its a dress...and he said, its pretty, and i said i know...he said does it fit?? and my face blushed red and i said well, n-n-n-o, ...well, not yet! so he gives me this look!! so i said, i will make a deal with you....if i lose enough weight to fit into this dress by new years eve next year...will you take me out on the town for a new years celebration?? and he said, i would be honored!!

so this is my year long goal....to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to fit into this stunning gorgeous long formal black dress by NEW YEARS EVE 2012!!!!

it was to be a new years eve dress....so i am not sure about when to wear it!!

dh is voting on the blue dress because he says he has a tie to match! hahahahaha and he says the black on will be too formal!!

ok well i will have to decide soon. the black dress is a wee bit snug in the tummy area...and a few inches shorter, which is why i like the blue one because its fully long to the floor....plus i have blue shoes to match!! haha

ooooh decisions decisions!!!

love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your kind words and support!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Rainbow, I'd say stick to your original goal...wear the black on New Year's Eve and the blue to the Christmas party tonight. Whichever way you choose, it's a dream come true for you! You're beautiful in both and you'll feel like a princess on both occasions!

Congratulations to you on meeting your goals thanks for sharing your wonderful story!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #170  

Oh Sweetie, you already had a plan for that beautiful black dress for NYE. Just wait til you get this black outfit I wore to Vegas! Then you'll need him to to take you TWO places!

Now that we know the story, blue for the party, black for NYE!
Can you beeleeve you bought a dress and made dreams come true???
I think I finally have a box!

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-08-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #171  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh Sweetie, you already had a plan for that beautiful black dress for NYE. Just wait til you get this black outfit I wore to Vegas! Then you'll need him to to take you TWO places!

Now that we know the story, blue for the party, black for NYE!
Can you beeleeve you bought a dress and made dreams come true???
I think I finally have a box!
seriously....when i bought the dress....i honestly....and i hate to admit this...but i honestly never thought i'd ever fit into it. i am usually an optimist!!! and dh says well if you never thought you'd fit into it why did you buy it! haha simple huh!

but...in reality....i have not been this small, and to most people, 288 pounds is NO WHERE NEAR SMALL....but it has been 25 plus years since i saw that number on a scale which is why i never thought it could REALLY HAPPEN FOR ME.

but then i found IP!!!

now....NOW I BELIEVE I WILL SEE A SIZE 18 AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME!!!

now THATS a dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #172  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow - didn't see your post about the dress until just now, but even from the original post, I was thinking BLUE! You look stunning in both, but I just love the color on you. Now that I have got to the end and see the whole story, I say definitely blue, and save the black one for NYE. Just think, by the time the holidays roll around in 2013, you'll have to find some new fancy dresses...

This makes me think that I am going to have to start looking too. I have several long gowns that I usually wear only when we go on a cruise. Going to have to do some shopping to be prepared - you never know when I'll find a good deal...
Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #173  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

With your story, gf, you need to do what Minch said. Wear the blue to the Christmas Party and save the black for NYE. That post from right before I found IP or 3FC, so inspirational. If I wasn't such a toughie (never cry), I would have been in tears.

Have fun. You deserve every minute as you've worked so hard to get where you are right now. The rest of the journey will be a piece of cake (just don't eat it).

Luv ya, gf
Molly
Old 12-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #174  

Quote:
seriously....when i bought the dress....i honestly....and i hate to admit this...but i honestly never thought i'd ever fit into it. i am usually an optimist!!! and dh says well if you never thought you'd fit into it why did you buy it! haha simple huh!

but...in reality....i have not been this small, and to most people, 288 pounds is NO WHERE NEAR SMALL....but it has been 25 plus years since i saw that number on a scale which is why i never thought it could REALLY HAPPEN FOR ME.

but then i found IP!!!

now....NOW I BELIEVE I WILL SEE A SIZE 18 AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME!!!

now THATS a dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yes you can!
We can all realize our dreams if we just stick together
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 AM   #175  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Rainbow
Here I was thinking this was the one and only outing for the year before you would be too small for either dress. Knowing you have two (2) dates - problem solved! Wear them both (on different occasions) - they are both wonderful dresses. Enjoy your night out tonight. I also have two formal dresses (both black). I'll need to find something formal around February to go to so I can wear one of one of them. They should fit around then I'd suspect.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #176  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I hit my 100 lb loss mark today! I'm so excited! I'll have to do new photos today, but I just had to say something here quick.
You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!! So PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

help!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the black, but definitely the blue as it's a beautiful color on you.

------------------------------------
Crazy week here and this morning we are catching a flight back to CA to spend Hanukkah with the entire family. Can't wait and will catch up with all of you when we get back. Hugs to all of you...
Old 12-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #177  

Rainbow - do you even realize HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE and how you look in those dresses!!!!! I vote for the black one on New Year's eve because by next NYE you will be too small to wear it!

Last edited by maezy1; 12-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #178  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

help!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really love the blue on you. I would wear that one for the Christmas party, and the black one on NYE.

Congrats on the major weight loss! Both dresses look great on you!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #179  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
thanks ladies for all the input!!!! the blue dress makes me feel like a princess!! it was given to me 13 years ago and i have never been able to wear it. i almost gave it away several times, but in the end am so glad i kept it. it is a size 20!!
love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your kind words and support!!!
OK, Rainbow. I'm grading final exams and stopped for a moment to read the forum thread. I read your black dress story and started to cry.

Yes, CRY!! What a wonderful story!!! We are all transforming ourselves!!! It's so amazing!

You look stunning in both of the dresses! Your husband sounds like a wonderful guy, too.

Last year, I remember wishing and praying that some magic would come along and I could lose the excess 70 pounds I've been carrying around for so many years. I didn't really believe it would, but wondered if there was anything that would work for me.

It is so inspiring to read all of our stories and see our successes and share our challenges and triumphs. I'm so honored and humbled to be here among all of you amazing people who have the courage to take charge and change.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #180  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Rainbow, I was 50-50 as to whether the black dress or the blue one... I honestly think you look really good in both of them. Then I read your story of how you bought the black one for New Years. So - I agree with those who say wear the blue one for the Christmas party, and the black one for New Years. You look great in both of them.
Closed Thread